Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL

Go down 
+25
Kaji Motomiya
PretzTrigger
Pcyborg
TehNACHO
Traesive
WingZero
Tryston
HerO
Omnigeek
CyprusWHM
Werekill
Lockon Stratos
mastermune
Trinam
Nysonin609
ScarletWeather
Klaus
Kirosnefakman
newbishop
Epideme
zawarudo
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
3XXXDDD
Mizuki
Alice
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 10:39

English meta response has nothing to do with this. They(japan) are probably way more concern over their own community over anything else... I am certain that these people just rage simply over DOTE and not the other cards (not even moon Id reckon due to the fact that Soulless is still a very viable option with 2 Toms).
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 12:41

Wow. Is it so wrong to find another deck to play with? I mean seriously, if you love the game so much then why stop when you could just play another deck? The english meta needs to realize that when playing this game, the creators will do everything in their power to keep it balanced! Thats the reason why most people flocked to this game anyway.
Now we already know that This meta is going to fuck up and get the same ban list (besides the OTT part because barely anyone tops with OTT). However, we already know that since MLB can't be played anymore, all of the butt-hurt japs WILL hop on Platina Ezel.
The kagero players are going to probably quit unless Set 10 gives them some crazy shit.
I honestly think that the OTT part of the list was absolute BULLSHIT! Bushiroad probably would've never touched them if that guy didn't come in 3rd. They pretty much were like "oh, people still play this? Welp we were just looking for another clan to fuck up so the RPs and Kageros wouldn't feel as bad!" and BAM, they fucked up a whole deck.
However, i believe OTTs will get back up on their feet without Tom somehow!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 13:39

>Being so skilless you need a power deck to carry you
Scrubs.

If the players who are bitching about losing these broken turds stop playing vanguard, everyone will be the richer for it. Especially without their unsportsmanlike attitudes.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 14:07

I'm mostly interested in seeing what the skilled players who ran/perfected DOTE will head to next.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 17:42

Skilled players use BT05 Murakumo :P
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 18:03

Isn't that like saying skilled street fighter players use Dan?
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 19:30

Trinam wrote:
Isn't that like saying skilled street fighter players use Dan?

Yes sir! You are correct!
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 20:01

But tournament play demonstrates that that's the exact opposite of true! Aiyaiyai.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 20:29

Trinam wrote:
But tournament play demonstrates that that's the exact opposite of true! Aiyaiyai.
lol i agree, but whenever someone says they play Dan, people give kudos. Tourney level Dan players are very good because they take the time to read the opponent. If you win with Dan, that means your opponent basically read you like a book. If you get raped by a Dan, its the WORST feeling ever. However, Dan players never top due to all the thinking required to play him. You eventually run out of tricks, and "random" Koryukens and Dankyukakus lose their edge.
Most people flock to characters that don't wait on the opponent to fuck up,and instead go in for unprecedented rape with characters like Cammy and Seth. Think of them as Kagero users.
But this is tourney play that im talking about. And just like in ANY competitive scene, if some one comes in with teams or characters people rarely/never see and are actually skilled, people will have nothing but respect for you.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 20:43

Until it's released that you marked your triggers.

And then nobody will care how hardcore you beat faces in with your Bermuda Triangle deck.
Back to top Go down
mastermune

mastermune

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 21:11

Adding a little to the Dan thing Dankyakus is probably the best tatsumaki in the game if not one of the best in SF4 so if there is anything to say is that the Dan is SF4 is the best one to date and a pretty solid character.
Back to top Go down
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 21:51

I believe we shouldnt just focus on DOTE alone. Other cards were restricted and this heavily reflects what was the Japanese scene is possibly like. Whatever happens there, could or would eventually happen in the English Meta.

OTT restriction on Silent Tom is to be expected. Moonbuild + Tom is a very deadly thing. The only thing which stood in its way was the 13K barrier. Tom couldnt hit magic/perfect numbers with it but even then, its still hard to guard from it.

On the side note, if anyone noticed, BT09 had 2 cards which indirectly supports Silent Tom, Gentle Jim and Machinegun Ryan. I cant imagine what sort of things you could do with Tom if these were added in a moonbuild considering the soul amount and the hand size they typically have...
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 22:02

mastermune wrote:
Adding a little to the Dan thing Dankyakus is probably the best tatsumaki in the game if not one of the best in SF4 so if there is anything to say is that the Dan is SF4 is the best one to date and a pretty solid character.
I know, but your mix-ups with him begin to lack during lets say, top 32 if your in Evo. And even then you can just spam throw to get out of any Dankyukaku mix up, which sucks although its a great move to get back to mid screen. (btw the light Dantsumaki is fucking amazing for pressure, but most people don't know it!)
The one thing i also realized is that if you play something different from other people, pro players will study THE FUCK out of you. That means they'll catch cheating in almost the first 30mins you"re there(for card games) and read how you mix-up, how you react on throws, if you DP alot, how many pokes you use, and all sorts of other stuff lol. On top of that, long hours of top play can be stressing on low tier players. Especially if its your first locals/nationals etc.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-12, 22:04

Trinam wrote:
Until it's released that you marked your triggers.

And then nobody will care how hardcore you beat faces in with your Bermuda Triangle deck.
Well played sir.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 03:32

@Pcyborg, tell that to all the End and Majesty fanboys spamming "GIVE THEM BACK!" everywhere they can. We're all aware that Alfred was hit too and that Tom was hit. We talked about it at the beginning of the thread

Also yes, I came to the realization two days ago that Gentle Jim would help Silent Tom :3
Back to top Go down
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 12:36

I know right? I was surprised that no one else actually realised it.

I'm not so much concerned about MLB/Alfred since they could still be teched in for Galahad/Garmore or Palo/SSD. Likewise said for DOTE, you could still tech it in Amber. x2 Tom could still fit in any OTT deck without much compromise.

Full Moon on the other hand is just.... D:
Its a deck with long reputation (longer than DOTE) and I dare say was the favourite among the higher level players in the community I am in. It had a sizeable audience for it.

I'm just surprised that english related communities are actually whinning about cards they dont even have yet over cards which are already existing...

I'm also surprised that the Moon users are mostly just silently accepting this and not protesting as much.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 12:46

I was surprised about the Moon users just accepting it too. Looks like people with taste are also more mature. On the flipside, people who choose the powerdick children decks also act like dicks and childen! Funny that.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 12:49

Alice wrote:
I was surprised about the Moon users just accepting it too. Looks like people with taste are also more mature. On the flipside, people who choose the powerdick children decks also act like dicks and childen! Funny that.

That's magnificent really.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 13:58

I figure the 'skilled' players of each decktype each didn't go around bitching, because they understand that game states and metas change.

This seems evidence that the largest portion of players who want to win but haven't had time to develop the mental state required to be a high-end competitive player play DOTE and MLB.

Considering the intricacies of the OTT deck, this doesn't surprise me much.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 14:15

Pcyborg wrote:
I know right? I was surprised that no one else actually realised it.

I'm not so much concerned about MLB/Alfred since they could still be teched in for Galahad/Garmore or Palo/SSD. Likewise said for DOTE, you could still tech it in Amber. x2 Tom could still fit in any OTT deck without much compromise.

Full Moon on the other hand is just.... D:
Its a deck with long reputation (longer than DOTE) and I dare say was the favourite among the higher level players in the community I am in. It had a sizeable audience for it.

I'm just surprised that english related communities are actually whinning about cards they dont even have yet over cards which are already existing...

I'm also surprised that the Moon users are mostly just silently accepting this and not protesting as much.

I'd imagine it is the most popular because it gives you invaluable perfect knowledge of your deck, for a limited time.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 16:26

You'd think a person like me would be all over Tsukuyomi for that but I'm just not, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 17:56

Alice wrote:
You'd think a person like me would be all over Tsukuyomi for that but I'm just not, for some reason.

Probably because deep down, you recognize probability is just a bunch of mathematical fairy tale bullshit.

Like, if you stack 12 triggers in a row and hit your stack, mathematically you'd have a 100% trigger chance for the next 12 damage or trigger checks. But math doesn't always reflect reality. This makes Tskuyomi unreliable.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 18:25

Nitpicking, but it's not actually physically possible to stack 12 triggers in a row and hit all of them. Unless you twin drive into getting damaged 10 times you're going to draw at least one, and then soulcharge another if you've got Ammy out... and if you got damaged 10 times you have more pressing issues, like being dead.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 18:45

Tsukuyomi's not so much about probability as it is trying to remove probability by creating a stack of cards you're aware of, and then using that information to manipulate what's left in your deck. It's extremely cerebral and requires both a pretty good memory and a strong level of play (since it takes a lot of mental gymnastics, once the stack is in place, to figure out how best to ever get to the stack or assess what's NOT in the stack and how that should affect gameplay).

It's also about spending some of your games getting anus-fucked by your deck's determination, in spite of the odds, to just hand you a Tsukuyomi Grade 3 and nothing else to ride when you missed your lower-grade stacks. And it's a beatdown deck which masquerades itself as being about control, which I'm not sure I can define it as (given "control" would kind of imply you can do something to your opponent's resources, and OTT has exactly two cards for that).

Either way it's got kind of a limited-range appeal, since if you're into the visceral opponent-shut-down aspects of the game there are clans which you can experience that with more fully, and if you enjoy the aggressive face-smashing aspects there are other decks as well. It's also really powerful and established, so there's not even any hipster cred to be had running it.

At least, that's all the reasons I'm not usually super-fond of it. Can't speak for anyone else.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty2012-12-13, 18:46

It was a joke guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next