Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL

Go down 
+25
Kaji Motomiya
PretzTrigger
Pcyborg
TehNACHO
Traesive
WingZero
Tryston
HerO
Omnigeek
CyprusWHM
Werekill
Lockon Stratos
mastermune
Trinam
Nysonin609
ScarletWeather
Klaus
Kirosnefakman
newbishop
Epideme
zawarudo
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
3XXXDDD
Mizuki
Alice
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-10, 20:09

Lmao.

Now just sit back and enjoy the chaos.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-10, 21:43

Still don't get why the FB comments are freaking out. English Vanguard should have a few solid months to play with The END before it's hit with the same restriction, since the list hasn't been officially announced for us yet.

And aside from that, how on earth would this be V-Mundi's fault? All of two crossrides got hit, they weren't hit in the same way the letter suggested, and they had reason to be hit because JP format was kind of a four-deck show with a side-order of Golds this year. Bushiroad would legitimately want that out of the way, period.
Back to top Go down
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-10, 22:32

The restriction is inevitable. WS had this kind of restriction going on every now and then. VG is sure to follow suit.

I could accept most of the restrictions, but Tsukuyomi restriction is too much. I feel REALLY bad for em.
Back to top Go down
PretzTrigger

PretzTrigger

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-10, 23:00

I talked about this with my team earlier...

DOTE= Can't defend it at all. Sorry Bro you were getting hurt somehow some way. I'm a bit like DAMN they bullied you like THAT! But hey it happens.
TOM= Hey it's Tom. Tom wins games, sometimes better than your Vanguard. Him being restricted made sense. I explained to one of our players. "Imagine you going out of your way, wasting an attack on TOM instead of trying to finish me off because you're afraid I'll heal. OK You attack Tom. Guess what I have ANOTHER TOM. If I had only two in my deck.. I'd have to protect him if I wanted to screw with you. Tom at 2 is fine.
MLB= Well Wingal Brave is around. Use a blaster, hit, get MLB. It's whatever.
Wingal Brave= See MLB restriction

Now things I look at and go hmmmm....
Alfred= I can't really agree here at all. He's not so hurt at 2. But I don't see a legit reason to limit him. He had a nice effect, most people say he was the most balanced of the power cards and he rocked his rank as King of Knights fairly. Other than being able to combat Cross Rides easily I go well damn. Again can't see why, but he doesn't hurt too much for it.
Conroe= Well it's a tutor for a perfect guard and you'd only use 1 anyway. So now it's use him and no DOTE, or DOTE and no him. It's more or less a super duper double whammy.
The entire Tsukiyomi line= Even more so than Alfred. I cannot understand why you'd literally shut an entire deck down that didn't do anything major to the game. Those type of Ride chain have such a down side to the failure that now there's absolutely no point to running the deck at all. This is the only ban that completely ruins an established deck type that was pretty fair on it's risk/reward levels.

That's pretty much how I feel. I'm still all like YAY over DOTE, I was tired of playing it when he was released. Sure I'm gonna have to deal with him in the US meta. But as this is a temporary list, I'm not sure how long it'll last or if we even have the same thing happen over here. I hope Alfred and Tsukiyomi are lifted but the rest can stay on that island in the sun.
Back to top Go down
mastermune

mastermune

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-10, 23:11

I agree that FB is way overreacting with stuff like:

1."OMG you destroyed the kagero they're unplayable now WTF?". Thats the impression many there give me and it's stupid there's a few kagero builds some of them really good give them a try.

2."I wasted hundreds of dollars in getting DOTE why you do this?". you are either talking out your ass or you got seriously ripped off, heck somebody here said that a DOTE deck is actually cheap with the only cards that are somewhat high prized being DOTE himself and the PG.

3."You have become worse than konami and there ban lists". Trust me a few restrictions compared to the mess they have in Yugioh , theres a really big difference.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-10, 23:22

ScarletWeather wrote:
Still don't get why the FB comments are freaking out. English Vanguard should have a few solid months to play with The END before it's hit with the same restriction, since the list hasn't been officially announced for us yet.

And aside from that, how on earth would this be V-Mundi's fault? All of two crossrides got hit, they weren't hit in the same way the letter suggested, and they had reason to be hit because JP format was kind of a four-deck show with a side-order of Golds this year. Bushiroad would legitimately want that out of the way, period.

We kinda started the anti-crossride movement, so while we're not at fault, we made a good and bad name for ourselves. Good because VMundi is one of the best Vanguard blogs out there that makes coherent sense. Bad because everyone was salty about how we go against their meta, and that they believe the majority rules over the few (us being the few). They're so salty that they fail to see the reality of things and place their misguided blames on us because of our Anti-Crossride movement, reading only what they want to read and believing only what they want to believe.

The keyword in that last part is "want", an opinionated term (second keyword is opinionated) that is determined one's personal preference and subjects it as the final word. Because, y'know, people are stupid like that.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 00:15

Kaji Motomiya wrote:

We kinda started the anti-crossride movement, so while we're not at fault, we made a good and bad name for ourselves. Good because VMundi is one of the best Vanguard blogs out there that makes coherent sense. Bad because everyone was salty about how we go against their meta, and that they believe the majority rules over the few (us being the few). They're so salty that they fail to see the reality of things and place their misguided blames on us because of our Anti-Crossride movement, reading only what they want to read and believing only what they want to believe.

The keyword in that last part is "want", an opinionated term (second keyword is opinionated) that is determined one's personal preference and subjects it as the final word. Because, y'know, people are stupid like that.

I'm honestly impressed that they went from reading a letter suggesting a very specific errata to an entire mechanic and connected it to Bushiroad specifically nailing four "evergreen" top decks in JP format.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 00:21

Yeah, if it was based on the vmundi letter Oracles would be untouched...

We seem to have a sordid, tawdry affair with the Tsukuyomi deck. The kind you'd find in one of those trashy romance novels.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 00:47

ScarletWeather wrote:
Kaji Motomiya wrote:

I'm honestly impressed that they went from reading a letter suggesting a very specific errata to an entire mechanic and connected it to Bushiroad specifically nailing four "evergreen" top decks in JP format.

Scarlet, I'm impressed with your ability to still believe the average joe isn't as stupid as he is. You are obviously more positive than I am. Frankly, I'm a "retard till proven intelligent" type of person.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 00:48

@Scarlet, do you have any idea how many people were bitching about V-Mundi in the World Championship livestream chat? The video had scrolling comments and people left scathing hateful messages about us and myself (and Americans). I wasn't at all surprised they'd tinfoil hat and start believing things without substantiation.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 00:53

Lockon Stratos wrote:

Scarlet, I'm impressed with your ability to still believe the average joe isn't as stupid as he is. You are obviously more positive than I am. Frankly, I'm a "retard till proven intelligent" type of person.

More just used to filtering out anything people say like white noise. Comes with being introduced to the game through BYOND and the first Vanguard blog I was introduced to making comments about Wingal being a strong unit... in the current meta.

And yeah, I kinda missed the stream since I already had a good idea of exactly what the finals would consist of. Namely Gold Paladins. Everywhere.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 00:58

On a side note (dammit I have to stop saying that), I made a Blaster Blade deck based on nothing but centering all my plays on BB. It was, to be honest, weird but fun. But the point of my little backstory is, guess what unit boosted my Blaster Blade into a DOTE and won me the match?

That's right Wingal, it's your time to shine.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 01:09

TehNACHO wrote:
On a side note (dammit I have to stop saying that), I made a Blaster Blade deck based on nothing but centering all my plays on BB. It was, to be honest, weird but fun. But the point of my little backstory is, guess what unit boosted my Blaster Blade into a DOTE and won me the match?

That's right Wingal, it's your time to shine.
Actually I did the same thing. Pretty fun little deck.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 01:26

Alice wrote:
do you have any idea how many people were bitching about V-Mundi in the World Championship livestream chat?

In all fairness, we are the hipsters of the vanguard community, sitting in a corner with our chic beret and our thick-rimmed glasses and our 20 dollar cup of coffee scoffing at the unwashed masses who cling to things like 'balance within the current game meta' instead of playing the pure, unbroken game that is perfect and everyone can succeed at (Unlike the Japanese meta where only four decks consistently see play).

I'm making fun of someone here, I'm sure, but to be honest I lost track of who. Probably them.

...I want a chic beret.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 01:37

What's a chic beret?

Glasses?

Coffee?

So, this format might actually do something. Considering the ever insane LB5 have their own weaknesses from decks that I've brought up and apparently the chatbox has been discussing, and that the non LB5 Cross-Rides are decently not tremendously as stupid as Ji Endo, I vote yes for this.

Last edited by TehNACHO on 2012-12-11, 01:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 01:38

Wat.

No.

Just...no.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 01:39

I'd like to point out that we banned crossrides before it was cool.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 01:40

Edited.

No spam required, annoy Alice club it is.

Just checking, Alfred, how much did Retro Paladins usually run?
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 01:53

Trinam wrote:
Alice wrote:
do you have any idea how many people were bitching about V-Mundi in the World Championship livestream chat?

In all fairness, we are the hipsters of the vanguard community, sitting in a corner with our chic beret and our thick-rimmed glasses and our 20 dollar cup of coffee scoffing at the unwashed masses who cling to things like 'balance within the current game meta' instead of playing the pure, unbroken game that is perfect and everyone can succeed at (Unlike the Japanese meta where only four decks consistently see play).

I'm making fun of someone here, I'm sure, but to be honest I lost track of who. Probably them.

...I want a chic beret.

Eh? What are you talking about? I ain't(Cool thing. Turns out it's more than slang, but a proper contraction of am and not, and was removed from the dictionary by the same guy who decided that color>colour, for not sounding dignified enough. Weird.) no hipster. What is a hipster anyway? Sounds like hippie. I hate hippies. They make my Agent Orange act up, and I get the need to kill again. CHARLIE!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?

What the? When did my Grandfather's ghost take over my account? Ugh, messing with my computer's connection too. He always did suck with technology.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 01:58

So ITT we are ghost hipsters and autists?
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 02:02

Certainly explains why the 'pro' cardgamers hate us.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 02:06

Uh, "autists"? What's that? Is that some sort of pormanteau for "autistic" and "artist' or something else altogether? And no, ghost Vietnam Vet badasses. Just trust me on that one.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 02:07

You need to learn to harness that ghost. You could like, use him to peek at your next card so you never miss triggers. It'd be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 02:17

Imeeji shiro.

The spirit of your most faithful companion granting you the card to turn the tables.

Oh wait, that's Psyqualia. Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty2012-12-11, 02:21

All attempts to do so have been met with rants about how I should get a job and how when he was a kid he didn't have electricity or running water or plumbing and I should be more serious about school and he just goes on and on about my shortcomings. Just like before. Or telling 8 year old me that my parents shouldn't be buying me toys, but I think that was more commentary on my parents than me, so I'll let that slide. Or pointing out the stupidity of the government, but I agree with him, so we just end up sitting there wondering what to talk about. So, no, I don't think me becoming Vangod is going to happen anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL   CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CROSSRIDE RESTRICTIONS: OFFICIAL
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next