Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights

Go down 
+30
Rider Kick
BlackManticore
zawarudo
Redbeastmage
HerO
Donkay
LittleFighterFox
Some Gamer Dude
VesperGhoul
alexander.stone88
smellmybox
Pcyborg
FoodForThought
ShinkenRed
Omnigeek
Dragon∞Blade
gettineggywithit
haxie-kun
Kaji Motomiya
Lockon Stratos
Kirosnefakman
Tryston
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
3XXXDDD
Klaus
Traesive
TehNACHO
ScarletWeather
Alice
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-08, 12:32

haxie-kun wrote:
i wonder... maybe we'll get a new way to guard..
Gross
Back to top Go down
haxie-kun

haxie-kun

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-08, 12:44

Sorry I'll keep my can of works to myself.

So, does any royal paladin players want to post a wish list type of thing for your ideal starter?
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-08, 21:14

And I thought Set 9 was a blatant power creep...
Looks like a banlist is in order. Not a limited list, but a ban list. Even having ONE COPY of the new Gancelot or Dragger in their respective decks gives you way too much of an advantage.
Quote :
So, does any royal paladin players want to post a wish list type of thing for your ideal starter?
Since they're reprinting Marilyn, they might as well reprint Barcgal.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-08, 21:30

Alice wrote:
Fuck NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GANCELOT IS BROKEN AS ALL DICKS.

Eraser I could fucking tolerate. This? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. What the FUCK

I was excited about that card...until I found out its effect.

THAT CARD. Solidified my decision to make a deck with the ORIGINAL Gancelot. The 9k forever alone royal paladin who was underrated as fuck.

And it gets worse. This shit is COSTLESS.

The only thing I see as a redemption is the fact that this, in a deck with another vanguard means your rear guards won't be of the 3 stage making sort (not that they'd need to be).

I wish bushi would stop favoring 1 turn gimmicks over solid consistent multiturn play.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-08, 21:35

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
Alice wrote:
Fuck NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GANCELOT IS BROKEN AS ALL DICKS.

THAT CARD. Solidified my decision to make a deck with the ORIGINAL Gancelot. The 9k forever alone royal paladin who was underrated as fuck.

The only thing I see as a redemption is the fact that this, in a deck with another vanguard means your rear guards won't be of the 3 stage making sort (not that they'd need to be).

I wish bushi would stop favoring 1 turn gimmicks over solid consistent multiturn play.
This right here.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-08, 22:41

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
Alice wrote:

THIS. And you're not the only one who got inspired to make a Gancelot deck. Lots of our members did. It's pretty ridiculous and to what eggs said, yeah, I'm considering Dragger and Goldcelot being on the banlist. Restricting them doesn't fix the problem because all it does is let the same effect exist, except now it's based on chance. Giving super high reward for super low chance makes a bad game when players sack.

I do want to try and reform the Crossrides, however. We've been looking into possible erratas. There's a thread where Daiyusha is being proposed to restriction of 2 copies, and I think that adding "During your turn" can stop crossrides being broken. Unfortunately, most of them have such broken-tier effects too that it causes further problems and less elegant errata solutions would be needed. In any case, if anyone has VMundi errata ideas, go check that thread.

https://vmundi.forumotion.com/t163-vmf-ultimate-daiyuusha-crossride-allowance-discussion
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-09, 09:50

Still ridin the high of 6 Critical Gauntlet Buster Dragon.

Counting the retarded ways to overpower in this Set:

1. Bad End Dragger + Dudley Dan or Grateful Catapult = 4/5 attacks for 24k at least (Brakki's probably the first choice)

2. Vowing + Gauntlet Buster + Gauntlet's skill = 27k Vanguard with Critical of 4.

3. Vowing + Descendant = 21k restanding Vanguard with 4 checks and only a -1 cost.

4. Gancelot + Spectral Duke = 3 stage attack, then 4 stage attack, then 3 stage attack assuming no triggers, then 4 stage attack.

Take yer pick.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-09, 11:13

Yep it's pretty disgusting.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-13, 10:02

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 734675_10151331607002235_447574531_n

Beast Deity, Ethics(?) Buster 「獣神 エシックス・バスター」

11000 Power with unknown skill.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-13, 12:14

Oh, oh, skill guessing time!

[AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):When a Nova Grappler rides this unit, choose one of your vanguards, and that unit gets [Power]+10000 until end of turn, and all of your Nova Grappler rear-guards gain: "[AUTO](RC):When this unit attacks, at the Close Step of that battle, you may Stand all units in the same column as this unit. This skill can only be activated once per turn" until end of turn.
[AUTO](VC):When this unit attacks a vanguard, this unit gets [Power]+2000 until end of that battle.
[CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit that doesn't belong to the same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

Last edited by Lich_Lord_Fortissimo on 2013-01-13, 17:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-13, 13:50

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
Oh, oh, skill guessing time!

[AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):When a Nova Grappler
rides this unit, choose one of your vanguards, and that unit gets [Power]+10000 until end of turn, and all of your Nova Grappler rear-guards gain: "[AUTO](VC):When this rear-guard attacks, at the Close Step of that battle, you may Stand all units in the same column as this unit. This can only be activated once per turn" until end of turn.
[AUTO](VC):When this unit attacks a vanguard, this unit gets [Power]+2000 until end of that battle.
[CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit that doesn't belong to the same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)
This actually seems legit.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-13, 13:53

I think it's close, but (and this may be wishful thinking) in the way Novas usually operate, I think it would be more likely that the attack has to hit for the rear-guards to stand.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-13, 16:00

エシックス or esiikusu could be Ethics but it could also be nonsensical stuff like Essex
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-14, 06:15

The Only Way is Novas.

Oh God I'm English and I now hate myself for that reference...
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-15, 07:27

Someone pointed out if you Break Ride, Bad End Dragger could actually make Heal Triggers swing for 15k, and will be re-shuffled back in the deck if you Dudley Dan/Grateful Catapult/Dudley Emperor.

Shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-15, 08:00

The heal triggers thing is pretty thin. Good luck surviving after getting rid of 10k shields. The point of dragger is to end the game. Even if you shuffle them back in, it's way too low of a chance of damage checking them. You're better off stopping an attack.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-20, 09:01

So, the new, actually the GOOD, Royal Paladin limit break

Jewel Knight, Salome
Grade 3
Counterblast 2 (Jewel Knights?) when you call (Ride?) this card, call a Royal Paladin (Jewel Knight?) from your deck.
Limit Break 4: When you attack, if you have 4 or more Jewel Knight rearguards, this card gains +2000 and +1 Critical until the end of the turn.

Dogmatize Jewel Knight, Sybill
Counterblast 1 when you call (ride?) this card, Call a Royal Paladin (Jewel Knight?) from your deck

Iseult gets new art and might be a Jewel Knight too (apparently has some Jewel Knight Kanji visible in picture below)

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 314174_10151343812777235_2020104216_n

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2013-01-20, 10:25; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-20, 09:06

Wow, Toypoogal + this = 21k with Critical? Awesome.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-20, 09:22

Those CBs which requires specific cards in the damage zone to flip over are called Especial Counterblasts if I'm not wrong? Examples including Blaster Blade Burst and Dragonic Descendant.
And a sidenote for the new Iseult:
The only visible Kanji before the katakana for Iseult in the image is shi(士), which means scholar/warrior/knight or paladin and in this case, it will translate to knight if we put a ki(騎) (literally meaning to ride) in front of shi.
That 11k Ashley, I have a bad feeling about her.
And the appearance of Jewel knights leads me to wonder what happens to the RPs as overall? Did they divide themselves into 2 groups? (The Jewel knights and possibly other RPs and the RPs who have moved to the GPs)
Back to top Go down
FoodForThought

FoodForThought

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-20, 09:37

3XXXDDD wrote:
So, the new, actually the GOOD, Royal Paladin limit break

Jewel Knight, Salome
Grade 3
Counterblast 2 (Jewel Knights?) when you call (Ride?) this card, call a Royal Paladin (Jewel Knight?) from your deck.
Limit Break 4: When you attack, if you have 4 or more Jewel Knight rearguards, this card gains +2000 and +1 Critical until the end of the turn.

- Kourin says one card when using it, so it's likely any Royal Paladin (speaking of, she called a Grade 3 with it so no Grade Restriction).

Dogmatize Jewel Knight, Sybill
Counterblast 1 when you call (ride?) this card, Call a Royal Paladin (Jewel Knight?) from your deck

Iseult gets new art and might be a Jewel Knight too (apparently has some Jewel Knight Kanji visible in picture below)

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 314174_10151343812777235_2020104216_n

That unit's like a balanced MLB of sorts (Although Great Daiyusha has a greater similarity but the effect is easier to get.), but seriously smacks of Fromage. The usual issues seem to pop up here but I think in RP, Jewel Knights seem well placed and might actually do a better job as compared to Battle Sisters.

That Iseult reprint looks hawt by the way.
Back to top Go down
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-20, 23:30

IMO Salome to me is like a

Garmore/MLB/Battle Sister Fromage/Great Daiyusha hybrid...
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-20, 23:36

3XXXDDD wrote:

Am I the only one who takes this as a bad omen? If they reprint too many staples as Archtype cards (Jewel Knight, Liberator, Eradicator, Musketeer, Battle Sister, Etc) it'll be too easy to get the specific counterblasts off. Since the specific blasts seem to be unusually good, being able to pretty much unlimit the specific blasts seems like it'll break them...
Back to top Go down
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-20, 23:58

But it restricts the build type almost entirely despite being in the same clan if one is to build it solely revolving around the archetype.

Usually its either heavily VG/RG dependent, or requires a certain formation setup (eg; Blaster in soul)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-21, 00:05

That's my problem too, Eggy.

Also to Shinken: People don't say "especial" in English. They say "special" or transform it into an adverb with "especially".

Pcyborg wrote:
But it restricts the build type almost entirely despite being in the same clan if one is to build it solely revolving around the archetype.

Usually its either heavily VG/RG dependent, or requires a certain formation setup (eg; Blaster in soul)
That doesn't mean anything when the build is good and coherent.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty2013-01-21, 00:44

gettineggywithit wrote:
Since the specific blasts seem to be unusually good, being able to pretty much unlimit the specific blasts seems like it'll break them...

Exactly. The new business strategy is to invalidate all your old cards by making the new ones work only with new ones. It's only natural they'd also have you rebuy cards you already own just so you can have that keyword in the name too. You wouldn't want to risk not having enough Jewel Knights because you're using the OLD Iseult, would you?! Surrender your money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next