Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cardfight Challenge Cup

Go down 
+20
VesperGhoul
Dark5ide
hawkeye
HugeMcLargeTall
Dam0le
Xroshawk
Klaus
BlackManticore
Omnigeek
corundum
Werekill
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Redbeastmage
Rider Kick
WingZero
Kirosnefakman
Nysonin609
Chestnut_Rice
Alice
3XXXDDD
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
corundum

corundum

Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-10, 19:04

Ah. That certainly sounds better. Still not happy with best of one for a qualifier to find the "top" player, especially in a game where a few choice triggers or a bad start can destroy. I'm tempted just to mess around with a BT05 Neo-Nectar deck or an Enigman Rain build, and just chill with some buddies afterword.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-12, 10:12

SUC Records

Quote :
1st place decks
4x - Dragonic Overlord, The End
1x - Nova Grappler
1x - PBO

2nd place decks
1x - Dragonic Overlord, The End
1x - Granblue
1x - Nova Grappler
1x - PBO
1x - Dark Irregulars
1x - SDD Gold Paladins

Quote :
Cape Fear Games
Wilmington, North Carolina
1st Place: Chris
Nova Grappler
2nd Place: Dave
Dragonic Overlord, The End

Quote :
Gabi's Olympic Card and Comics
Don't know Address off Hand
Olympia, Washington
1st: Henry Ayala (8-0)
Deck: Kagero (The End)
2nd: Stuart Hayden (6-2)
Deck: Nova Grappler

Quote :
TimeZone Gaming
Fords, NJ
1st Place: Dragonic Overlord, The End
2nd Place: Granblue

Quote :
DesuNation
Temple City, CA
1st place: Thanh with Dragonic Overlord, The End
2nd place: Yuki with PBO

Quote :
Legions
Birmingham, AL
1st PBO
2nd DI-Amon/Doreen/Dark Lord soul omg how do I guard 30k columns? (super cool regular at the shop)

Quote :
Toy Wiz Collectibles
Nanuet, NY
1st Place - Dragonic Overlord, The End
2nd place - SDD Gold Paladins
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-12, 10:15

Good god Granblue.

Doesn't say much about its average ability against CRs but still glad it got somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-12, 10:44

Okay. So, note to self: If I want/need to avoid crossrides, don't go to Olympia.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-12, 11:40

>Dragonic Overlord The End everywhere
>PBO too

Fuuuuuuck. It's only going to saturate more and more as people drop decks like Novas in search of more wins.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-12, 12:01

Smith won his with MLB
Second Place also had MLB I think.

Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 14:55

Bookend
Stockbridge, GA
1st: Dark Irregulars
2nd: Royal Paladin (Alfred)

Game On, Clifton NJ
1st place MLB
2nd place Dragonic Overlord, The End

Wonder World Comics
Taylor, MI
Brandon Smith 1st -Majesty Lord Blaster
Second - Dragonic Overlord the End

Gunslinger Games
Dallas, Texas
1st: Garmore/Ezel Gold Paladin
2nd: Spectral Duke Dragon

Omni Comic and Cards
Wethersfield, CT
1st and 2nd Dragonic Overlord, The End

The Burrow
Witchita, KS
1st place - Dragonic Overlord, The End
2nd place - Pale Moon

The Trove
Niagara Falls
1st Place: Sarah Tamers Pale Moon (Me)
2nd Place: MLB

The Desu Nation is wrong.
1st Place: Jevon (Spike Brothers)
2nd Place: Sean (Gold Paladin Garamore)

Riw Hobby
1st - Alex - Neo Nectar
2nd - Spencer - Tsukuyomi

D20 Games
Alameda, CA
1st: Kagero (Dragonic Overlord the End)
2nd: Gold Paladin (Garmore/Ezel)

Guardian Games
Portland, OR
1st place - Murukamo
2nd place - Dragonic Overlord, The End

All Things Fun
West Berlin, NJ
1st: OTT
2nd: Nova Grappler

Get Some Game
Charlotte, NC
1st Place - ALfred Tool Box
2nd place - Narukami

Level Up Games
South St. Paul, MN
1st Place: Calvin - Dragonic Overlord, The End
2nd Place: Logan - Spike Brothers
Back to top Go down
corundum

corundum

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 15:12

Holy moly, a Murakumo 1st place? Nice goin' with the Sarah Tamers, 3D
Back to top Go down
BlackManticore

BlackManticore

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 15:18

That's actually a lot more diverse than I expected. Seeing Dark Irregulars on the list was a shock. Also, grats on that 1st with Sarah! *Gives cookie.*
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 15:25

>Neo-Nectar got first

My mind is full of fuck.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 16:24

SURE IS DRAGONIC OVERLORD THE END IN HERE.
Back to top Go down
Xroshawk

Xroshawk

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 18:57

Oh god, it's Japan all over again D:
Though at least it's not as bad yet
btw, nice job 3XXXDDD :3
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 19:36

Sarah Tamers is me.... He copied that from Pojo....
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 20:33

WingZero wrote:
Sarah Tamers is me.... He copied that from Pojo....

No it's me.

So what? I shouldn't copy.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-13, 20:35

lmfao I dont care that you copied XD

I'm just saying that Sarah Tamers player who topped is me :P
Back to top Go down
Dam0le

Dam0le

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-14, 02:53

That Neo Nectar guy deserves the biggest cookie...
Back to top Go down
HugeMcLargeTall

HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-14, 03:10

upsetting
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-14, 10:19

Xroshawk wrote:
Oh god, it's Japan all over again D:
Though at least it's not as bad yet
btw, nice job 3XXXDDD :3
It's because we're still getting into this meta. There's a crossover time for people to get the new decks. They're the most expensive decks in the game so it's not surprising to see people taking 3 weeks to transfer or more. I'm more surprised that so many people identified and picked up the most powerful decks this quickly. In the coming months, you'll see far more transitions.

One thing to note is that goldfags probably won't want to all give up their decks. They're trapped in golden handcuffs right now because most of them put more money into those decks than The End costs. I imagine they're all also a bit butthurt about having their clan "replaced" as the "top" deck too.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-14, 10:21

Apparently Dallas is pretty bad for Golds. 6 out of 8 spaces. Hanging on for dear life according to a Pojoite from there.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-03-14, 10:32

Japan did the same thing with Royals after Golds got released. They all went with their Royals decks to flip Bushi the bird.
Back to top Go down
hawkeye

hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-04-09, 11:43

Dam0le wrote:
That Neo Nectar guy deserves the biggest cookie...

I don't know, I live in this area and there were at least 3 shop qualifiers within 10 miles of my house and 2 more 15 miles away. I didn't have my deck together yet but I'm sure I could have gotten in by playing at all of them... we can't really have THAT many people living by me playing this game.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-04-09, 12:38

I got Grade stuck and got kicked out with my team.

Never again.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-04-15, 14:37

Toronto Finals - Angel Feathers vs Dragonic Overlord The End Douchey faggot

Note - Angel Feather player was apparently not playing enough guard against 25000 Burning Horn Rows.

Quote :

Note that I was sitting beside Patrick during this finals match and I was a judge. Also note that it was also his opponent's responsibility to call him out on not having enough guard and btw, even though he only guarded with 15k, he could have guarded with 20k and it would not have changed the result.

Also, goddammit. IF YOU ARE A JUDGE AND WITNESS CHEATING, STOP THE GODDAMN CHEATING.

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2013-04-15, 21:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dark5ide

Dark5ide

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-04-15, 15:00

3XXXDDD wrote:
SoCal Regional Finals - Angel Feathers vs Dragonic Overlord The End Douchey faggot

Note - Angel Feather player was apparently not playing enough guard against 25000 Burning Horn Rows.

Quote :

Note that I was sitting beside Patrick during this finals match and I was a judge. Also note that it was also his opponent's responsibility to call him out on not having enough guard and btw, even though he only guarded with 15k, he could have guarded with 20k and it would not have changed the result.

Also, goddammit. IF YOU ARE A JUDGE AND WITNESS CHEATING, STOP THE GODDAMN CHEATING.

Yeah, the hell. You witness the cheating, you stop play and solve the correction, and issue penalties as necessary. The rule is there to reinforce player knowledge and to have something to fall back on if the gamestate has progressed to far to solve from when the error happened.

IMO, if the person said "Guard with X" and X was not high enough to guard, I would stop the game, and tell the opponent to take damage. Not just say "WELP, HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SO HE DOESN'T TAKE DAMAGE!" That's a VERY easily correctable gamestate.

Jeez, that's like in magic, someone casting something to take three damage, the opponent doing something to prevent two, saying "I prevent damage" and then not recording the damage taken. I am 99% sure if a judge witnessed that, he would blow that player up. But thats when you have trained judges and not some dude from the store who asks "Hey, you know vanguard right? Wanna judge this weekend?"
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty2013-04-15, 15:35

Dark5ide wrote:

Jeez, that's like in magic, someone casting something to take three damage, the opponent doing something to prevent two, saying "I prevent damage" and then not recording the damage taken. I am 99% sure if a judge witnessed that, he would blow that player up. But thats when you have trained judges and not some dude from the store who asks "Hey, you know vanguard right? Wanna judge this weekend?"

A magic judge would figure out if it was intential and DQ for cheating or unintentional and Warn for game rule violation, possibly warn the other player for not noticing the issue. In this case, it seems like a warn both players for missing the obvious.

It's frustrating not having real judges. At my regional, I lost in the semifinals to a guy who should have been undefeated and waiting for me in the finals. But he lost the previous round to a SIX MINUTE STALL by his opponent (4 minutes defending, 2 minutes making an impotent attack which intent to make sure time ended before he passed). A stall that the judge watched. And watched. And after 2 minutes and the whole crowd complaining asked him to move along, and after 4 minutes and the crowd calling aloud "wtf he is cheating/stalling/slow playing intentionally because he is at 4 dmg to his opponents 5). A bunch of us spectators chewed him out about it, and he apologized alot and said he wish he could go back, but he fucked up (he made a few other GOOD rulings throughout the day about shuffling a missed draws, as well as a bad one about a bad guard). My guess is he didn't want to DQ or game loss someone out of a tournament, because it feels bad to do so. But his error gave a free trip to FL to the wrong fucking guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cardfight Challenge Cup
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next