Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cardfight Challenge Cup

Go down 
+20
VesperGhoul
Dark5ide
hawkeye
HugeMcLargeTall
Dam0le
Xroshawk
Klaus
BlackManticore
Omnigeek
corundum
Werekill
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Redbeastmage
Rider Kick
WingZero
Kirosnefakman
Nysonin609
Chestnut_Rice
Alice
3XXXDDD
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-15, 15:40

[quote="Redbeastmage"]
Dark5ide wrote:

It's frustrating not having real judges. At my regional, I lost in the semifinals to a guy who should have been undefeated and waiting for me in the finals. But he lost the previous round to a SIX MINUTE STALL by his opponent (4 minutes defending, 2 minutes making an impotent attack which intent to make sure time ended before he passed). A stall that the judge watched. And watched. And after 2 minutes and the whole crowd complaining asked him to move along, and after 4 minutes and the crowd calling aloud "wtf he is cheating/stalling/slow playing intentionally because he is at 4 dmg to his opponents 5). A bunch of us spectators chewed him out about it, and he apologized alot and said he wish he could go back, but he fucked up (he made a few other GOOD rulings throughout the day about shuffling a missed draws, as well as a bad one about a bad guard). My guess is he didn't want to DQ or game loss someone out of a tournament, because it feels bad to do so. But his error gave a free trip to FL to the wrong fucking guy.

I there a set time limit for actions? To my knowledge, a player can take as much time as they require for a turn. The only time that this would be frowned upon is when there is literally no cards in hand, and therefore no plays that can be made, leading to only one way to attack/declare attacks.

Not that stalling for time is a good thing to do, since it causes inconvenience to all players in the round, but it's quite hard to call someone out on unless there is a time limit set in stone.
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-15, 15:48

From the vanguard floor rules:

309.8. Played Slowly / Unintentional Slow Play
ex. Took too much time to shuffle his or her deck.
ex. Left the table without noticing judges or officials.
All players need to play in a proper pace. All players need to finish the match within the proper time. A player intentionally slowing the game down will fall under a diffetent section.
Default Penalty: Warning

Note: Each penalty will be upgraded if the same player does the same infraction again within the same tournament.

403. Stalling / Inentional Slow PLay
ex. Pretended to think for a long time even though all cards in hand were unplayable.
Any actions to waste time to gain an advantage on purpose fall under this section.
Default Penalty: Disqualification

Even ruled that it wasn't stalling, it was clearly slow play, easily would have been given the warning AND upgrade in that time frame. Some asshat tried to argue that its not like that, and it's allowed in other games like Magic. I then pointed to my magic judge playmat and told him he was wrong.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-15, 15:53

Apparently the Judge didn't notice it at the time. Re: AF/Ji Endo.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-15, 21:24

3XXXDDD wrote:
SoCal Regional One of the Finals - Angel Feathers vs Dragonic Overlord The End Douchey faggot

Note - Angel Feather player was apparently not playing enough guard against 25000 Burning Horn Rows.

Quote :

Note that I was sitting beside Patrick during this finals match and I was a judge. Also note that it was also his opponent's responsibility to call him out on not having enough guard and btw, even though he only guarded with 15k, he could have guarded with 20k and it would not have changed the result.

Also, goddammit. IF YOU ARE A JUDGE AND WITNESS CHEATING, STOP THE GODDAMN CHEATING.
Report this guy. Not only is he a blatant scumbag, but as a judge you're required to stop any cheating you see. Bushiroad needs to ban him and the cheater from play.

Redbeastmage wrote:
Dark5ide wrote:

Jeez, that's like in magic, someone casting something to take three damage, the opponent doing something to prevent two, saying "I prevent damage" and then not recording the damage taken. I am 99% sure if a judge witnessed that, he would blow that player up. But thats when you have trained judges and not some dude from the store who asks "Hey, you know vanguard right? Wanna judge this weekend?"

A magic judge would figure out if it was intential and DQ for cheating or unintentional and Warn for game rule violation, possibly warn the other player for not noticing the issue. In this case, it seems like a warn both players for missing the obvious.

It's frustrating not having real judges. At my regional, I lost in the semifinals to a guy who should have been undefeated and waiting for me in the finals. But he lost the previous round to a SIX MINUTE STALL by his opponent (4 minutes defending, 2 minutes making an impotent attack which intent to make sure time ended before he passed). A stall that the judge watched. And watched. And after 2 minutes and the whole crowd complaining asked him to move along, and after 4 minutes and the crowd calling aloud "wtf he is cheating/stalling/slow playing intentionally because he is at 4 dmg to his opponents 5). A bunch of us spectators chewed him out about it, and he apologized alot and said he wish he could go back, but he fucked up (he made a few other GOOD rulings throughout the day about shuffling a missed draws, as well as a bad one about a bad guard). My guess is he didn't want to DQ or game loss someone out of a tournament, because it feels bad to do so. But his error gave a free trip to FL to the wrong fucking guy.
You see now why I was forced to create my own Circuit
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-15, 21:39

Quote :
I'm pretty damn sure that Judges are supposed to stop any form of cheating, be it hard and intentional as stacking or soft and unintentional as I assume the Feather player did.
Were you aware of this while the game was being played?

Above Alex replying to Erwin Ong (the Judge) to only be met by

Quote :
There was no notice of it until the end of the match and it was brought up after the match was over. Many judges were spectating and some of us were not aware of it. The fact is the match is over and done with and Angel Feathers won. You seem to have a problem with that because you seem pretty damn mad with your comment there. Also, the player playing Dragonic Overlord, The End had no problem with the result and knew it was his own fault for not noticing so there you have it. Take that stick out of your ass and relax

Erwin Ong is the Judge you want to be reporting.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-15, 21:48

Reported.

Here's the email I sent:
http://puu.sh/2AWub
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-15, 22:46

Quote :
Judges have the right to make rulings to players. All the rulings done by judges other than the head judge can be overruled by the head judge.
All tournaments must have at least one judge. Judges are assigned by the organizer. Organizers and staffs can be judges at the same time.
All judges other than the head judge do not to be certified judges, but must have enough knowledge of the rules to give fair rulings.
All judges have to make an effort to cooperate with other officials and players to run the tournament fairly and smoothly. Additionally, all judges need
to act as a good role model for all players. Judges should not do any actions that can be seen as unfair.
All judges can step in on any matches if they find any infractions or fraud by players. All judges also have the right to correct and give penalties to games with infractions of the comprehensive rules or the floor rules, regardless of who noticed it to them.
All judges are expected to work actively to correct any kind of situation that may harm the fairness or integrity of the tournament. All judges must be fair to all players to make fair rulings, and must not tolerate any kind of fraud

From the floor rules, key parts bolded and more key italicized.

If the judge saw it and did nothing he is way wrong. As a judge, if you see the game rules being broken, it is your job to step in.

However, if he didn't notice, then he should simply say that. Unless you are table judging, that is, emulating more the position of a referee, then it isn't on you to catch that kind of mistake. It's great when you can, but judges are people and can't be expected to notice everything, especially if the players in the game don't either. The expectation that judges should know the exact text of every card from memory isn't even expected in games with sanctioned judging (i.e. magic), so I wouldn't expect it to be here. It's great when they catch it, and sucks when a judge misses something. Trust me. I've done it, on camera no less, at magic events, completely missing a broken rule until a spectator tapped me on the shoulder to point it out. But as soon as you know something is wrong, you do what you can to fix things and issue penalties where needed.

From the sound Erwin's post, he believes he shouldn't have stepped in because it wasn't his responsibility. That shows ignorance of what the job of a judge is, and is the real crux of the issue to me.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-17, 14:26

South California Winner

Larva Mutant Giraffa (Starter)
12x Royal Crits
4x Royal Heals

Grade 1: 15
4x Pupa Mutant, Giraffa
4x Little Sage, Marron
3x Flash Shield, Iseult
4x Toypugal

Grade 2: 9
3x Blaster Blade
3x Gallatin
2x Lamorak
1x Elite Mutant, Giraffa

Grade 3: 9
4x Crimson Butterfly, Briggite
3x Swordsman of the Explosive Flames, Palamedes
2x Holy Disaster Dragon
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-17, 14:56

What
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-17, 15:41

Is he actually high?
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-17, 15:47

I'm so confused. Who did he play against to get there?
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-17, 20:19

wat is this, I don't even
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-17, 20:34

The Canadian Qualifier was absolute shit. Im positive half those judges didnt even know what was going on. Too busy starring at Felucca's tits.
Back to top Go down
Featherine

Featherine

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-17, 22:31

WingZero wrote:
The Canadian Qualifier was absolute shit. Im positive half those judges didnt even know what was going on. Too busy starring at Felucca's tits.

After the first round, I completed my first match and won. I handed my papers to the judges who took both of our papers and left to the main table to do the next pairing.

When I had gotten to my seat for the second round I noticed that it was the guy who was sitting beside me last round, but lost. So the thought of getting paired down passed my mind, but there were like a large number of people in my block so it'd seem nearly impossible to actually be paired down. I took a look see at my paper and noticed that loss was circled for first round, everyone told me to go up and go fix it, along with the guy who had fought me last round.

So I brought it to the attention for the group of judges, along with the head judge (he was present there) and they fixed it, but they were asking who'd actually make the mistake in the first place. I remembered which judge in particular made the mistake, but he didn't fess up. So after the 2nd round, the same judge came and marked down the results and I see him change his signature and everything.

These judges mang, these judges.

Literally my face until I left to lounge around with friends and do trades and stuff, the actual tournament was very unorganized and I was not satisfied with it at all. Makes me want to avoid doing it again.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-18, 01:22

Name and shame that judge Feath
Back to top Go down
Hunter Serge

Hunter Serge

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-18, 11:07

Probably the worst part about it is that it could've easily been better organized. There was another store at the Qualifiers, Skyfox Games, which is my locals. When the registration was still going on, one of the employees from Skyfox came over to the table where all the players from Skyfox were hanging out, and warned us not to expect much, because they were extremely disorganized. What's more, is that the employees from Skyfox offered to help, and they were declined. Skyfox helps run the larger events within Ontario for the other big TCGs, so...Yeah.

-Serge
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-04-18, 13:51

I reported that Erwin Ong guy to Bushiroad in a formal manner a couple days ago. Waiting to hear back.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-06-03, 05:07

After much fighting, the tournament was finally won by a guy using 7 Stands and 5 Draws in Ji Endo deck. No news on his exact decklist (I wanted to watch people tear it apart or otherwise) but there you have it.

2nd was Ezel Garmore. Finalists were 5 Dragonic Overlord, The End, 1 MLB, 1 Ezel Garmore, and 1 Great Daiyusha.
Back to top Go down
SpitFire

SpitFire

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty2013-06-03, 13:20

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
After much fighting, the tournament was finally won by a guy using 7 Stands and 5 Draws in Ji Endo deck. No news on his exact decklist (I wanted to watch people tear it apart or otherwise) but there you have it.

2nd was Ezel Garmore. Finalists were 5 Dragonic Overlord, The End, 1 MLB, 1 Ezel Garmore, and 1 Great Daiyusha.

I can confirm the above info i was there at Orlando and watched the match Game 1 GP got grade stuck and Game 2 the Dragonic Overlord, The End kid had 3-4 Dragonic Overlord, The End in hand by turn 2 or 3. top 4 was Dragonic Overlord, The End X3 and GP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardfight Challenge Cup   Cardfight Challenge Cup - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cardfight Challenge Cup
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3