Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how can i force misplays with megacolony?

Go down 
+2
Jabberwock
NightmareDraw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty
PostSubject: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-13, 20:06

we all know that megacolony's engine is a retarded version of kagero and narukami... but the strength of it is it can trap without restriction besides the vanguard...

question is how can we use that to it's fullest by forcing misplays?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-13, 20:44

I have the Giraffa build. I always seize the chance to activate Giraffa build to retire 2 8k vanilla booster, while retiring my crappy column when opponent don't guard. Forcing him to play the 7k/6k booster if he/she doesn't draw another 8k boosters.

Or when I fail the giraffa chain ride(Giraffa becomes 10k vanguard without his grade 2 version), I ride Martial Art beetle and uses his limit break to stun the opponent grade 3 rearguard and the booster behind the other rearguard(usually the other rearguard is grade 2(10k vanilla or 8k/9k with effect). So he/she can neither hit with either rearguard, forcing him/her to retire them to replace another one, which makes me real happy watching their handsize shrinks, winning me lots of duel :D

And Megacolony Battler B really helps me pressure the opponent alot too. They somehow always guard against my column with Megacolony Battler B booster XD
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-13, 22:09

thanks... I run machining master beet though using trappers for those unused cb... And i so agree with battler b...i usually place him behind lady butterfly for hamburger time and tail joe for everything else...
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-14, 07:12

Megacolony automatically forces misplays if used well. Imagine you trap a rearguard Palamedes with your Karma Queen. Now he has two options. Leave that unit there until the next turn (misplay, he loses an important attack) or he replaces that unit with another, hopefully not another Palamedes (misplay, he gives you a +1 and he loses a fucking Palamedes).

In Giraffa, he guards your vanguard early (misplay) or lets the attack hit and he loses 2 rearguards (misplay). This is similar to Stern or Eclipse.
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-14, 07:25

lol i love trapping palamedes or any grade 3 key card especially against great nature and narukami, i feel so evil hahaha...
Back to top Go down
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-14, 08:21

Kirosnefakman wrote:
Megacolony automatically forces misplays if used well. Imagine you trap a rearguard Palamedes with your Karma Queen. Now he has two options. Leave that unit there until the next turn (misplay, he loses an important attack) or he replaces that unit with another, hopefully not another Palamedes (misplay, he gives you a +1 and he loses a fucking Palamedes).

In Giraffa, he guards your vanguard early (misplay) or lets the attack hit and he loses 2 rearguards (misplay). This is similar to Stern or Eclipse.
Really subjective. I find that trapping a front unit is a big gamble as compared to trapping a back unit, even if its a Palamedes. Eventually, it will be taken out by something else...

Trap a G2 front unit, it is still able to intercept (provided Toxic Trooper aint out).
Trap a G3 front unit, replacing it with another unit doesnt really consume his shields since G3 has no guarding value other than with a perfect guard. Yes, it does minus one from hand, but if I am on the other side of the table, I'm prepared to let it go unless my hand cards are really bad.

Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-14, 08:56

Pcyborg wrote:
Kirosnefakman wrote:

Really subjective. I find that trapping a front unit is a big gamble as compared to trapping a back unit, even if its a Palamedes. Eventually, it will be taken out by something else...

Trap a G2 front unit, it is still able to intercept (provided Toxic Trooper aint out).
Trap a G3 front unit, replacing it with another unit doesnt really consume his shields since G3 has no guarding value other than with a perfect guard. Yes, it does minus one from hand, but if I am on the other side of the table, I'm prepared to let it go unless my hand cards are really bad.

I didn't say trapping front row units is better than trapping the back row ones. I put an example where you trap a Palamedes, an extremely annoying unit you'd want to get rid off, at least for a turn. It would be the same if I said Dorothea (for example) instead of Palamedes.
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-14, 09:18

well when aqua force comes out... megacolony's get a toy to play with

Last edited by NightmareDraw on 2013-04-14, 09:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-14, 09:34

I doubt anyone will play aqua force competitively, because none of their units can hit Hamburger-Time.
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-14, 09:40

Quote :

i agree also with this one... especially with the grade 2...however, not all front row units are bad to trap, fighting great nature is one example as trapping that bino tiger cripples them immediately... and if the front row is a key card grade 3, i see no problem in trapping it... another good way to trap a grade 3 or front row is if they have few cards in hand (very risky though if your trapping a grade 2)

@jabberwock

well i still find them tricky, they're like pale moon enrolled and graduated in a naval academy.... and they will be able to go with hamburgers in set 11, trans core dragon... not 2 mention they'll become hamburgr time as well with glory maelstorm
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-14, 11:49

Which then reduces them to vanilla status since with Glory you don't need to care about extra attacks.

Though unless they do restrictions here no one will play him since LB5 is harder to obtain and maintain than getting another Dragonic Overlord, The End in hand or a couple Blasters moving about.
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-16, 05:10

poor navy.... still im betting on aqua force becoming a mainstream clan....

anyways back to topic...

i can't see why not trap a grade 3 or front row unit when the user isn't running a stand trigger

Quote :

thats why you look at their hand size first
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty2013-04-17, 03:49

I've already made a deck that OP describes. Invincible Traps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how can i force misplays with megacolony?   how can i force misplays with megacolony? Empty

Back to top Go down

how can i force misplays with megacolony?
Page 1 of 1