Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Most Sadistic Card/Deck

Go down 
+8
Chestnut_Rice
ResourcefulGeneral
bradon
3XXXDDD
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
junri
Alice
newbishop
12 posters
AuthorMessage
newbishop

newbishop

Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty
PostSubject: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 10:35

Just wanted to see who you all think is the most sadistic card to play with (bar all Hamburger-time from this, they're all simply cheap).
My vote easily goes to Galactic Beast Zeal. And here's the story of my first experiences with this cruel beast of a card.

So I head over to my locals to see if I can get my hands on some AQ stuff, but unfortunately they were dried out, instead, I found someone who sold me 3 Zeals for $9 each to complete my deck (already had the foundation from my Storm deck) and I tell my friends that, since the deck was complete (only missed some G2's but since they were mostly filler regardless, it was only a small detail) with 4 copies of each chain card and 4 perfects, that I'd use it despite having no experience with the actual card besides online play. A friend tried to convince me to keep using the usual Tsuku deck, but, hell, I just wanted to have fun, so I used Zeal.

First game: I play against the local douche. He barely shuffles and didn't offer me the deck, so I called his attention out on it, having to return the hand he just drew, and offered my own deck, and cut (a.k.a shuffled the deck meticulously). It was Zeal vs G. Daiyusha. Long Story short, the chain failed (missed the g1) and he didn't Hamburger-Time (played G.D as an 11k), got double critted at 2 dmg, while he was at 3/4. Ended up screwing him over by using Zeal in two consecutive turns, not before giving myself the satisfaction of perfect guarding a VG lane he spammed power effects on.

Second Game: Playing against a mixed HHD/Maelstrom AQ deck. Get gradestuck at g1 for one turn, we both get two perfects across the game, null guarded both HHD's late game attacks, and Zeal sealed the game with his LB in two consecutive turns again.

Third Game: This game. I remember reading Alice's article regarding the chain's output, but this wasn't compared to experiencing it. Got full chain, my opponent had a Sarah PM deck, he had a good hand, but the chain did its work. At turn 3 he let Zeal hit (with Laurel live) since he had to bank on me getting no triggers, defending Zeal there meant emptying his hand while he sat on a 7k Cerberus. Got crit AND heal, laureled, he emptied his hand for a 2 pass (had 4 dmg) got a crit and a twin order. The game ended 6 to 2 damage, while I still had a beefy hand.

Fourth Game: Long Story Short. The End deck, got a horrid starting hand. Enough said.

Top 4 starts, and I beat a GN deck with Zeal handing me over a win with my opponent JUST not having enough guard in the second game in the match. The first game was a straightforward win. The final game it was Ji Endo again. Lose the first game due to a horrid hand, again. Win the second due to his hasty play (didn't Xride the Ji Endo, kept Kimnara'ing my Laurels, and was obsessed with taking out my Lady Justice's) but won, while his last hand had the remaining 3 Ji Endo's from his deck. Last game, he actually Hamburger-Time, but was having a decent game due to his misplays, was at 3 dmg to his 4, 2 pass his 13k VG attack, gets a double crit to his RG columns to end the game.

It may have been a long story but, in short. Zeal is a fucking beast. The End is still fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 12:18

My build of Zeal gets my vote. It's stupidly fucking bullshit that a deck exists which has ANY chance to instantly win a game.

Second vote goes to Invincible Traps because it can Madagascar everyone to oblivion and pisses off opponents like crazy.
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 13:49

Alice wrote:
My build of Zeal gets my vote. It's stupidly fucking bullshit that a deck exists which has ANY chance to instantly win a game.

Second vote goes to Invincible Traps because it can Madagascar everyone to oblivion and pisses off opponents like crazy.

I agree. Playing your Zeal was incredibly fun because of this. 5 damage before they hit grade 3, yes please :D
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 14:20

I shall see if my Manguard deck holds up OK but I'm willing to put it down as the most humiliating way to kill someone in the history of ever.
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 14:59

Arboros Dragon also scares me. It pretty much does the same thing as Zeal but creates it by powering up its own units instead. Less consistent, but I found it still quite a difficult fight since I could not touch those Corolla Dragons in the back row :X
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 18:01

Well whereas Zeal's sadisticness is a bonus, Sephirot's is required just to function sadly.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 18:20

Man, Yugioh has desensitized me to bullshit so much.
Back to top Go down
bradon

bradon

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 18:26

3XXXDDD wrote:
Man, Yugioh has desensitized me to bullshit so much.

Ain't that the truth. :/
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-12, 18:40

Seriously, I've never in my life felt so guilty of winning a game. But that game... his face when he lost in that manner, I felt like an ass :|
Back to top Go down
ResourcefulGeneral

ResourcefulGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-13, 00:47

Generally, CB2 gets you a +1 in some manner. Daddy Zeal's LB is more or less a +2-+3 (opponent probably wouldn't have guarded VG) without laurel, and basically cheating with him.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-13, 20:22

Manguard is a terrible deck to lose against, I'd just like to say.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-14, 00:33

Chestnut_Rice wrote:
Manguard is a terrible deck to lose against, I'd just like to say.

What's a manguard?
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-14, 02:07

the general philosophy of theManguard deck is to make your deck almost nothing but 8k boosters and crits so that you can, hopefully, slap down three 16k columns on turn 1 and swing so early and often that your opponent can't deal with it. It either gets the job done quickly or gets outpaced when its opponent hits grade 3 and starts to generate more card advantage.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-14, 03:51

I see. I am disappointed zeal can't defeat The End. I thought by using zeal limit break to drop a 13k body to 8k, if control 5 DP rearguard would confirm the win.
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-14, 06:23

Then you'd usually be hitting the standard 2 stage columns, unless you still made 18k cokumns, so they're still taking it easy on the defense
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-14, 07:23

newbishop wrote:
Then you'd usually be hitting the standard 2 stage columns, unless you still made 18k cokumns, so they're still taking it easy on the defense

You can't make the 18k column? Can you post the deck recipe?
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-14, 10:30

It can make 'em, but I'm sure the Ji Endo player will screw any chance of a decent column with it's insane mid-game pressure :/
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-14, 13:03

I beat The End with my Zeal, though to be fair he's wasn't a true End deck. It was some weird version of Eclipse, but ran overlords and Ends as opposed to Eclipse itself. He claims it's better, because the ride chain thins out the deck quicker so he hit's it more often. Clearly that was not the case. That and I'm running a 6 Stand/6 Crit Build of Zeal. But winning on turn two was hilarious with it.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-14, 13:46

buh. if you're not completely devoting your deck to the rank 1 ride chain, you only MAYBE thin one card out of your deck if you successfully ride the grade 1 onto the grade 0. it can consistently get you up to grade 2 in just over half of your games, but I really wouldn't say it thins the deck in any significant way.

plus, they're missing out on using Conroe and putting 5-6 other cards into the deck that don't have much of a use after turn 1.

but anyways, more on topic. the problem with facing Dragonic Overlord, The End with Zeal is that zeal HAS to have his rearguard circles fully stocked to drain a full stage of power from its opponent. Kagero's general focus being destroying rearguards means that the zeal player has less cards in his hand for blocking just from the sheer fact that they have to replace their rearguards to be at maximum potential.

--and that's only considering the lategame. if every stage of the ride chain gets pulled off, zeal is able to put up that extra bit of pressure in early to midgame--but that only in one out of three games or so that the ride chain goes off without a hitch. in those other two games you're just putting out normal amounts of pressure on your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-17, 14:33

I BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEVE in Manguard!

It's troll-riffic!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-17, 20:00

Thinning is fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
ResourcefulGeneral

ResourcefulGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-18, 02:57

Alice wrote:
Thinning is fucking stupid.

But Alice, if you have 25 cards and 8 triggers left in your deck, removing one of them increases the average quantity of triggers checked all the way from .6273 to .6394!
Back to top Go down
Wingtips

Wingtips

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-18, 03:10

Zeal. Hands down. Played against it in my vanguard adventures in korea. It was my Luquier deck against his Zeal. Grade stuck on 2. The guy demolished me. Good learning experience, now I am helping my friend build his Zeal deck, credit of course is due to Alice's amazing DP analysis :D!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty2013-05-18, 10:54

So V-Mundi's favorite clan is Nova Grappler, favorite art pose is Mr Invincible, and favorite troll deck is Zeal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Sadistic Card/Deck   Most Sadistic Card/Deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Sadistic Card/Deck
Page 1 of 1