Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is Season 3 so bad

Go down 
+45
Xroshawk
VesperGhoul
Noy620
junri
NightmareDraw
Mr. WoW
BlackManticore
MechaCrash
Edalborez
The King of Hearts
spica
Donkay
Some Gamer Dude
Featherine
WingZero
LittleFighterFox
Mizuki
Kirosnefakman
gettineggywithit
FoodForThought
haxie-kun
ShinkenRed
newbishop
Chestnut_Rice
smellmybox
Gelatin
Clement_Tea
Epideme
Omnigeek
Kaji Motomiya
SoulKaiser
zawarudo
Biorhythm
Traesive
NavyCherub
Klaus
ScarletWeather
Tryston
Nysonin609
3XXXDDD
Lockon Stratos
HugeMcLargeTall
CyprusWHM
Alice
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 08:32

FUCK YES KAMUI IS FINALLY FUCKING GONE

FUCK NO, NOW WE WILL NEVER GET TO SEE KAI'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT WHERE IT LEFT OFF AT SEASON 1 BECAUSE SEASON 2 WIPED THE SLATE CLEAN
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 08:36

Well I wouldn't say GONE, just at a different school. The opening shows him with a new unit (I think this pretty much means EVEN MOAR NOVA GRAPPLER IN SET 10?)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 08:40

I think Nova Grappler actually has the most releases.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 08:45

NG: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, Extra Booster, Trial Deck.

OTT: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, Extra Booster, Trial Deck.

Oh. So it does. I mean even GP only got 3 Sets and 2 Trial Decks. OTT and NG have been around since forever.

What if this turns out to be Bushiroad's fave clan instead of Gold Paladin?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 09:16

If they stop releasing broken, insulting, and lore-ruining cards, I don't give a fuck what their favorite clan becomes.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 09:31

Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 09:42

Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 09:56

Blaster Blade Re-tool?!?!

But anyway.

Eh, I think that the added sound effects carried something, but I don't get the same shivers that JAM PROJECT give off.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 09:58

Also at least the characters keep their character development this time (Aichi is apparently still using Platinum Ezel).
Back to top Go down
NavyCherub

NavyCherub

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 10:07

Since we're going to a school setting, I will be happy as long as the fantasy elements stay low-key and mostly unimportant like they were in the first season (and Misaki doesn't grow her hair out).
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 11:52

3XXXDDD wrote:
Quote :
Why is Season 3 so bad

Because ~ [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AlEYhKjn0QU&noredirect=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AlEYhKjn0QU&noredirect=1[/quote[/url]]

Waaaiit, I got what I wanted? Not the reset part, but the back to their roots bit. Back in high school.... wait, was that Aichi with ALFRED?!?!? Not even a retool, just the badass King of Knights, unless my eyes deceive me. Does this mean they're actually doing the two hero decks thing? Blaster Blade retool is fine, Aichi's changed, so should his avatar. Plus, it means that no matter which deck he's using, we're likely to see Blade in all his glory. But, anyway, when it comes to the supernatural, I agree that it should be downplayed... in the beginning. I'm hoping what they're going for in this one is the Q4 team digging into and trying to figure out what the heck Takuto and co. are up to, until it culminates in the big reveal and climactic finale where the fate of Cray, and possibly Earth is decided. Aaaanyway, one of the new guys seems to use Narukami, so that means twice as much of a chance for new support all you thunder dragon fans. The theme song.... actually, I like it, and part of me is glad they're not using JAM Project anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love Jam Project, I just think this show would work better with a group not so famous for hotbloodedness and such. Vanguard was at its best when it was low key, kids playing card games. The new song is nice because it IS lowerkey than, oh say, LIMIT BREAK, which while I like it, is also attached to season two which seemed to actually go in that over the top direction, which we all see was a flop. Not saying that being over the top is necessarily a bad thing, it's great when done well, I submit Gurren Lagann and Gaogaigar for the old school. Season 2 was not. Partially because we already were set up for lowkey, minus the really mindscrewy season 1 finale. And this has gotten unecesarily long, so I think I should stop before I say something really stupid.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 21:55

Oh god that OP is such bad generic J-Rock like the last one. Fuck my life. You know, during the first two OPs Vanguard was one of the ONLY shows I didn't skip the OPs. All other anime, I skip that generic garbage. Sigh.

In good news, looks like it will finally be about people and their lives again. Just kids in school who play fucking card games. And they have a good opportunity here from what I saw of the orange-haired kid. He looks like he's the type who hardened on the outside because his parents died/left and is pained on the inside. Maybe I'm wrong, but if the opening is any indication it's possible Kai might actually go back to having character development again. In that, he might have to relate to this guy due to having been through the same shit himself.

@Lockon, I basically hate everything you love and I am glad you have no say in the creative direction of this anime :V
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 22:01

Season 3 looks very interesting! I hope the orange-haired guy makes out for a very good main character and doesn't turn out to be the main villain or something stupid. For the most part it looks like season 1, which is a very good thing! :D
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 22:04

I greatly preferred JAM Project doing the openings. They should get Masaaki Endoh to do something, he did a good job with 5Ds.

But if it goes back to people playing games for playing games, and keeping a real win/loss ratio I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 22:17

Misaki looks odd with short hair to me.
But for the most part, looking forward to season 3. Looks like it has potential besides being a 20~30 minute advertisement for a card.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 22:44

Klaus wrote:
I greatly preferred JAM Project doing the openings. They should get Masaaki Endoh to do something, he did a good job with 5Ds.

But if it goes back to people playing games for playing games, and keeping a real win/loss ratio I'll be happy.

Speaking of Yugimons, the Zexal first OP was actually good.

@Traesive, yeah Misaki with short hair is just gross. Like she doesn't clean it.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 23:45

Alice, when you say you hate everything I love, you're refering to Gurren Lagann or possibly super robots in general, correct? Just to be clear on that front, so I'm not confused.

I agree on the Zexal bit. I may not really like anything else from that series, but the opening was actually good enough to make me watch some more. Actually kind of find it ineresting that there seemed to be a bit of a parallel with Vanguard, at least with the protagonists inexperience, or just being bad. The key dfference of course being that Vanguard handled the idea of a inexperienced main far better, by, you know, actually LOSING, even losing what could be considered a completely random encounter, Jurrasic Army. I mean, come on, WHO saw THAT coming? Jurrasic Army shows up, and looking like a bunch of redshirts, proceed to smack Aichi and Misaki down in no time. Does this lead to them becoming the big rivals of the series, as obviously anyone who can beat the main characters HAS to be important to the plot? Nope, they're just ordinary joes with completely ordinary and nonunique cards. That was and still is mindbogling to me, having been inoculated by Yugioh to dramatic tension when redshirts got involved.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-05, 23:47

Lockon Stratos wrote:
Gurren Lagann

Spiral Powaaaaaah!
Back to top Go down
Biorhythm

Biorhythm

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-06, 00:01

Traesive wrote:
Misaki looks odd with short hair to me.
But for the most part, looking forward to season 3. Looks like it has potential besides being a 20~30 minute advertisement for a card.

Yep, its like I lost the very reason why I still keep up with the anime =/
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-06, 00:16

Also, for those worrying that Dopey Eye(Seriously, those eyes kind of annoy me. Mostly as they make him look like he's stoned or not all there or something.) I say he's probably a red herring as far as that goes, personally I'd watch out for that blink and you'll miss it student body president and butler type duo, as they look far more suspicious. Also, Takuto NOT being creepy in the opening? Neat, maybe we might actually LEARN something about the creeper this season. Also, I actually like the opening, it has a nice catchy beat and doesn't give you false ideas about the show's style. I liked the first opening, but it REALLY gave you a wrong impression of the show, making it seem like it was some sort of over the top affair, when part of what made it good was that it wasn't. Believe in My Existence gave a much better impression of the show, lowkey but we have some action, and kind of somber. This new one is a little more upbeat, but gives basically the same impression. Is it the same quality? Honestly, no, but it's JAM Project we're comparing to people, so what did you honestly expect, but it's a nice enough one on its own. And I'm going to have it stuck in my head for the rest of the week, which will probably change my tune.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-06, 00:21

@Lockon, no just your opinions on Vanguard anime :P
You're not going to get me in trouble with my massive super robot fanbase

Also yes the Jurassic Army win was fucking awesome. And taught them the hardships of ultrasack.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-06, 00:31

Well, if we're talking about the whole supernatural bit, ideally, I'd be rid of it, but without a serious retcon, which I wouldn't mind but am still in pain from the stupid of Season 2's beginning so I'm hesitant, to NOT have supernatural aspects now would put MASSIVE plotholes in the already pretty beat up story. I doubt it could survive such damage at this point.

If it's about the music, chalk that up to different persuasions and move on.

Aaaand, my eyes DID deceive me when it came to Alfred didn't they? Darn it, and here I thought I was right and that Bushi wasn't getting really stupid on me. Oh well, hopefully the writers actually know what they're doing this time, and getting paid, because 2's plot was pitiful.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-06, 01:08

Most likely Alfred is a gold paladin remake. There is only one reprint in BT10 (confirmed this is true) and it's now confirmed to be Blaster Blade. So Alfred isn't getting reprinted but Aichi is using him? Yeah it's Gold Alfred :|
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-06, 02:47

Season 3 is going to be great. Stop underestimating short haired girls.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-12-06, 02:57

I'm going to have to break you on the advertising talk as the way to work a market and demo is a LOT more matrixed than this thread is talking.

But I can sum this up as

>Watch Chihayafuru /thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 3 so bad   Why is Season 3 so bad - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Season 3 so bad
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next