Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is Season 2 so bad

Go down 
+29
haxie-kun
Traesive
Gelatin
Oflari
WingZero
Kirosnefakman
ScarletWeather
NavyCherub
Omnigeek
HugeMcLargeTall
pantheron
zawarudo
Lockon Stratos
CyprusWHM
Nysonin609
Biorhythm
meeb
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
Kaji Motomiya
Lotus
MechaCrash
3XXXDDD
SoulKaiser
ShinkenRed
Klaus
smellmybox
HerO
Alice
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

Why is Season 2 so bad Empty
PostSubject: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-14, 00:56

It's just so bad.
Back to top Go down
HerO

HerO

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-14, 01:21

Because it's taken Ren 15 episodes to show up.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-14, 01:49

Personally I can't wait for tournaments to incorporate this random rule system. I'm gonna run GP crammed full of stand triggers so I can win just like my hero Aichi!
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-14, 05:21

It'd be nice to see some other clans get played too. Even if it's just one of those games they skip through to random parts.

Personally though I'm disappointed they wrote psyqualia back in. Be nice for them to play the game with all of the magic crap mattering more outside it (missing clans plot).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-14, 14:36

Copypasta of my own complaints about season 2

Those awful random rules. They're bad and exploitable.

30 second per turn: The defender can just wait out the guard phase and
disqualify his opponent. But of course no one thought of that because
anime writers.

Rear-guards can drive check: Running 3 sets of
criticals simply allows you to mow over your opponent. And she would
have if she didn't run Hook-Arm Zombie

Attack target is selected at random: Stand triggers simply destroy this rule. It completely favors Kamui's Novas.

These
rules do not add spice or fun to the game. They're handicaps. And it's
certainly not fair in a game that's as balanced as vanguard to try this
bull in a continental circuit. The three-fights-at-once thing is getting
really old too. I actually cared about what happened during fights when
it was just two people going head-to-head. Now it's just a big cluster
and we miss a huge chunk of each fight to show another fight.

Now Kyou is a retard. In season 1, he never misplays (I watched his episodes multiple times looking for misplays), he just gets shit on by the writers. In Season 2, they outright make him a complete moron who doesn't even understand the game. I was so mad. A third grader could've played better than that. That whole episode was ass.

Kai is now part of team AL4 for exactly no reason. Which wouldn't even be a problem but Q4 loses Kai for no reason (who was an absentee a lot in the previous season). It's like they want their most liked character not to get them any views at all. This is ridiculous.

Kamui is arbitrarily winning. They never show why he's suddenly so good when his ratio was around 50% in the first season, which also had weaker enemies (by the admission of the anime itself). Kamui just needs to be completely gone since his character is the most annoying. But at least they could've made him lose a few. Losing to Tetsu doesn't count because Tetsu is undefeated.

Aichi is now an asshole. Kamui gives his word that he will take Team Handsome to the playoffs but Aichi just butts right in and makes him gamble on his promise. It doesn't say much for Kamui that he'd accept the gamble, but it sure doesn't say much for Aichi. He was a complete prick hole in that whole episode. BOO HOO SOMEONE DOESN'T WANT TO BE ON MY TEAM BECAUSE OF PRIOR ENGAGEMENTS. WAAAAAAAH! I HAVE TO BULLY HIM INTO COMING BACK. Fuck Aichi. I do not respect you.

Misaki just gets shit on the entire time. The writers put their butts over Misaki and took a huge dump on her. That's all they've done for this entire season. She didn't have the greatest win record before, but at least she could pull off some good stuff. If they're doing to be realistic about Misaki's chances in the Circuit, they need to have Kamui and Aichi losing just as often. Misaki is clearly the best player (and has an eidetic memory) among them. Aichi no longer has psyqualia and Kamui has exactly nothing going for him. The fact that the best player keeps losing while the worst two members are winning constantly, is just ridiculous and unbelievable.

The entire premise of sealing the clans could've worked and been believable, if they hadn't just handed the two main characters identical clans that are much weaker. We're supposed to believe that, in this universe, Kai and Aichi actually won in the tournament with fucking Narukami and Gold Paladin? Gold maybe you could see, except that it had to contend against crossrides. Narukami is just a fucking joke. It's early release Kagero.

But the worst thing of all? The simultaneous triple battles. No longer do fights have any significance at all. It's just 3 cut-away scenes of fights that have much less impact and we see much less of. All of those cuts in and out mean that they have to stop us from seeing a lot of the plays. That's not fun at all. At that point, it just becomes a guessing game of who has the most plot armor during that episode. Even a character IN THE SHOW is bored with it. I get that they want to change things up, but triple battling was not the way to do it. I barely remember any of the fights from this season, and I just watched them. They have almost no impact.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-14, 16:57

I can't believe I read all that. Of all things listed though I'm shocked you didn't mention how these random rules are going to cheapen the coming games. Big flashy rematch of the year coming up, but no matter what side wins, you're not going to be able to care at all because it'll probably be due to some random rule exploitation. I can't wait for the random rule "your vanguard gains 5,000 power every time you call a unit" to show up in the pale moon fight.

Alice wrote:
Misaki just gets shit on the entire time. The writers put their butts over Misaki and took a huge dump on her. That's all they've done for this entire season.

Seemed like an easy way to make her "power up" and make people want her new cards by incorporating the brand new Tsukuyomi theme support and limit break-
oh wait. Well I guess that means she'll be using Coco-
nope she's still using Ichibiyoshi. Maybe she'll alter the number of Silent Toms in her deck again.

Alice wrote:
The entire premise of sealing the clans could've worked and been believable, if they hadn't just handed the two main characters identical clans that are much weaker. We're supposed to believe that, in this universe, Kai and Aichi actually won in the tournament with fucking Narukami and Gold Paladin? Gold maybe you could see, except that it had to contend against crossrides. Narukami is just a fucking joke. It's early release Kagero.

All the crossrides are sealed so that doesn't matter. I don't understand why they didn't follow up on that whole sealing arc a little more though. The only reason we even know about the gold paladins and their beast armors is because of individual card lores. I don't know why they even made Cray a real thing when they've done almost nothing with it. It's gotten about 10 minutes total of screen time and it can all be summed up with "there's a bad guy and everyone wanted to beat him up so they all beat eachother up and then the bad guy shot zappy lasers at these 3 guys so everyone else quit the end." Doesn't even make sense that the shadow paladins disbanded just because they lost Blaster Dark. Angry dragon man is their leader. Blaster Dark's just some emo douchebag who spends his days cutting himself because a sword didn't love him.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-14, 20:44

smellmybox wrote:
I can't believe I read all that. Of all things listed though I'm shocked you didn't mention how these random rules are going to cheapen the coming games. Big flashy rematch of the year coming up, but no matter what side wins, you're not going to be able to care at all because it'll probably be due to some random rule exploitation.
Because I only fault things that have actually happened, not things I make up in my head that haven't even occurred, no matter how likely they are.

smellmybox wrote:
All the crossrides are sealed so that doesn't matter.
So then how did Ren beat Kai, or did that never happen either? You see the problem with their retarded premise?

smellmybox wrote:
Doesn't even make sense that the shadow paladins
disbanded just because they lost Blaster Dark. Angry dragon man is their
leader.
And it makes even less sense to disband Royals just because Blaster Blade was sealed. He was just a Knight. Alfred is the King and ruler.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-14, 23:20

Alice wrote:
And it makes even less sense to disband Royals just because Blaster Blade was sealed. He was just a Knight. Alfred is the King and ruler.

Alfred and Blaster Blade are bros though. Obviously Alfred killed himself when BB was sent to the Shadow Realm.
I sorta doubt Angry Dragon Man cares at all about Dark, though. He only exists to make him 11k.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-15, 01:01

I DIDN'T THINK IT COULD POSSIBLY GET WORSE

http://www.gogoanime.com/cardfight-vanguard-episode-80

SHIT FUCK FUCK NIGGER TWATS EIGHT HUNDRED DICKS AND DEATH

THERE ARE TOO MAY THINGS WRONG HERE TO EVEN LIST.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-15, 11:56

What? You didn't enjoy Ren's psyqualiorgasm?

Personally my favorite part was either when it showed Misaki with Half Moon on the field when she was still at grade 1, or Kamui not only somehow not knowing about Vermillion's effect, but then following it up next turn by dropping two more good front row units and handing him 3 more damage to do it again.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-19, 11:01

At least we can see Aichi not being as gay as he was in Season 1.
And my friends and I laughed out loud when we noticed Kai was already mountain-climbing even when he is still a high school kid, just to have a cardfight with a Yeti who has defeated a lot of cardfighters.
Man I just love the 7th ending song. Perhaps the best thing the producers came out with in Season 2.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-27, 10:01

Because it's a blatant cash grab. Showcasing the new Asian markets, turning the overall pretty domestic LB mechanic into a mystical god power. Say what you will about YuGiOh, the never had a character straight up change decks and have charters in the show be like "Your old cards are all worthless, BUY MORE NOW!"

CFV's "realism" always lead to it being more commercialized, like how they name drop the booster packs . They all but go 'IN STORES NOW!"

That said, the severe lack of Homosexual Subtext may be holding it back. CFV was best when it was a gay soap opera between Ren, Kai and Aichi using cardgames as a metaphor for sex.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-29, 13:49

I agree SoulKaiser. It's obviously just milking the success of Season 1. Even to the point of resetting ALL character development just to rehash the same shit. They do blatant product placement in it now. Whomever is working the anime needs to be fired. They can't write and they're screwing up everyhing.

3 minutes into the new episode and I'm seething again. Yet another bullshit broken as fuck rule. OH GUESS WHAT THE FUCK IT IS THIS TIME?

Only 3 units may stand during the Stand Phase.
I WONDER WHO THE FUCK THIS FAVORS?
Could it be...decks that focus on the Vanguard and don't have field presence?
LIKE THE NEW FUCKING DIMENSION POLICE STUFF THAT JUST CAME OUT AND APPEARED IN THAT EPISODE FUCK FUCK FUCK I AM SO FUCKING MAD WHY DO THEY KEEP MAKING BROKEN FUCKING RULES TO SHIT ALL OVER EVERYTHING

THIS IS NOT VANGUARD

IT'S A FUCKING CIRCUS.

On the other hand Ren is weaking a skirt and panty hose so I'm okay.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-30, 08:33

Quote :
On the other hand Ren is weaking a skirt and panty hose so I'm okay.

He wore it in Season 1 too, it was just covered under his huge jacket. You can see it in those Character designs thing that are around.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-30, 08:40

It's nice that the show wants to promote the lesbian love between Asaka and Ren as well as the gay love between Aichi and Kai.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-30, 08:50

Alice wrote:
It's nice that the show wants to promote the lesbian love between Asaka and Ren as well as the gay love between Aichi and Kai.

Asaka x Ren would be my favourite, I love Derp Ren so much and Asaka with all her BDSM-esque hints, om nom.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-30, 16:55

Alice wrote:
I DIDN'T THINK IT COULD POSSIBLY GET WORSE

http://www.gogoanime.com/cardfight-vanguard-episode-80

SHIT FUCK FUCK NIGGER TWATS EIGHT HUNDRED DICKS AND DEATH

THERE ARE TOO MAY THINGS WRONG HERE TO EVEN LIST.

At least GOOD!Ren was enjoyable...
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-30, 17:15

HOLY FUCKING FUCK CEASER DIDN'T JOB!!!!

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind, they just wanted to hawk the new D Police cards so they had him win but still let team Mary fucking sue win again.

ARGH!!!!

Christ, I'd be okay with this if they did'nt have a history of crap like this.

Last edited by SoulKaiser on 2012-07-30, 17:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-30, 17:16

I have never understood that colloquial. I assume it means do poorly or fail.

Yeah but I knew he'd win. There were all these like subtle hints. Plus Bushiroad had to show off their new product, the crossride. At least it was damn cool.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-30, 17:20

Jobbing comes from wrestling slang. It's when they have an allegedly strong fighter lose to whomever they're trying to hype up to show how good they are. Someone who this happens to a lot is called a "Jobber." See Worf in Star Trek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7nqb-o1ub54
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-31, 03:27

Yep, they certainly fuck over Koutei like that a lot. I hate when they make some character who's supposedly amazing at the game but he loses too much due to plot advancement reasons and the animators forget that this makes him BAD at the game.
Back to top Go down
MechaCrash

MechaCrash

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-31, 06:32

Something I couldn't help but notice is that an attack got through that should have bounced. On Kenji's first turn, he attacks Ren for 11k, and they show the card landing in the damage zone. It's a critical trigger, but Kenji's next attack with his unboosted 7k Vanguard hits Ren's 7k Vanguard. That critical trigger wasn't even mentioned, and neither was Kenji's drive check. He had the right number of cards in hand later, so I guess they just did it quietly since he didn't get a trigger.

I also noticed a cockup in the design of the robot, namely that for yusha robots, the first form has the face with a mouth and all that, while the later forms have masks, but that's not specifically a Vanguard thing, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-31, 06:43

Yep I noticed that too because they never damage check triggers in this show. And they finally did. But Ren didn't even add the power.
Back to top Go down
MechaCrash

MechaCrash

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-31, 07:04

Another thing I noticed is that Ren switched decks, and other than some surprise from Team Q4, nobody made a big deal about. This bothers me for two reasons.

One of those reasons is that the deck you use in the anime is given considerable narrative weight, and swapping your clan is seen as a major thing. Aichi played Royal Paladin exclusively for most of the first season, and his switch to Shadow Paladin was part of his fall to evil, and his use of a mixed Royal Paladin/Shadow Paladin deck was part of his growth. It's so integral that "oh hey Royal Paladins are gone, find out why" is the second most important driving force in the second season (the first, of course, being "sell cards"). But Ren switches from Gold Paladin to Dark Irregular and it's not seen as a thing? Maybe it gets a pass because he borrowed Tetsu's deck instead of switching completely, I don't know. But it feels like this was supposed to be an important thing and just...wasn't.

The other is that he was allowed to switch decks in the middle of a tournament. When I said I was thinking of switching out my deck during a tournament, the guys next to me were surprised and asked what the hell kind of tournaments I'd been to that let me do something like that. Maybe whoever was in charge of making sure you didn't muck about with your deck for the finals was busy drawing up more arbitrary, asinine rules to throw at people.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty2012-07-31, 07:21

The reason I didn't like the deck switch is because it's cheating. It was the same tournament he used Gold Paladins in and yet he switched decks. That's a bannable offense in any tournament.

I'm glad he did it. I can't bear to watch the anime writers destroy probability by letting him get off that ride chain every time. I was already mad that they acted like it was no big deal he got a 1/8 hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Season 2 so bad
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next