Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is Season 2 so bad

Go down 
+29
haxie-kun
Traesive
Gelatin
Oflari
WingZero
Kirosnefakman
ScarletWeather
NavyCherub
Omnigeek
HugeMcLargeTall
pantheron
zawarudo
Lockon Stratos
CyprusWHM
Nysonin609
Biorhythm
meeb
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
Kaji Motomiya
Lotus
MechaCrash
3XXXDDD
SoulKaiser
ShinkenRed
Klaus
smellmybox
HerO
Alice
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-18, 12:27

Meeb, they're both +1.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-18, 12:30

3XXXDDD wrote:
Meeb, they're both +1.

If you don't consider the opponent having to guard another (potentially trigger boosted) twin driving vanguard attack as advantage then sure.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-18, 12:40

I forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-18, 15:09

Ah, but with Amaterasu, you don't get JUST a raw +1. You get whatever plus one you want, period. Meaning you can grab that PG you need for next turn, or that Grade 3 you plan to call. As I said, watch out for the Goddess of the Sun, there's going to be a new dawn for OTT and it is blinding. Okay, in all seriousness, I believe that giving OTT a Crossride was simply one of THE worst decisions Bushi's made so far. Why? Well, you just made OTT's already superior lategame better. And you give their Crossride a built in +1? Really, even making it on hit isn't a good balance, cause now we have the same situation as DOTE but worse, as DOTE's +1 could end up being useless, but with the Sun Goddess here, it is always guaranteed to be EXACTLY the card you want, absolutely no chance involved.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-18, 17:19

Lockon Stratos wrote:
Ah, but with Amaterasu, you don't get JUST a raw +1. You get whatever plus one you want, period. Meaning you can grab that PG you need for next turn, or that Grade 3 you plan to call. As I said, watch out for the Goddess of the Sun, there's going to be a new dawn for OTT and it is blinding. Okay, in all seriousness, I believe that giving OTT a Crossride was simply one of THE worst decisions Bushi's made so far. Why? Well, you just made OTT's already superior lategame better. And you give their Crossride a built in +1? Really, even making it on hit isn't a good balance, cause now we have the same situation as DOTE but worse, as DOTE's +1 could end up being useless, but with the Sun Goddess here, it is always guaranteed to be EXACTLY the card you want, absolutely no chance involved.

Yeah that's so much better than ditching a G3 for 4 other cards likely to have some shield value, and forcing my opponent to dump their entire hand on guard.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-18, 17:26

Eh, maybe I AM overhyping it, but only a little. Frankly, this would be good on an 11k body, but giving it to a Crossride? Really, this is the same reason DOTE is COMPLETELY unjustifiable, but it's worse, cause they should no better than that.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-18, 17:29

Lockon Stratos wrote:
Eh, maybe I AM overhyping it, but only a little. Frankly, this would be good on an 11k body, but giving it to a Crossride? Really, this is the same reason DOTE is COMPLETELY unjustifiable, but it's worse, cause they should no better than that.

I think it's a fairly good skill, but its so vanilla. You lose out endgame certainty with Tsukuyomi, and you lose out on Divination with Amaterasu.

Worse is that this doesn't seem like Amaterasu taken to a greater extreme. PBO gained insane power and critical in exchange for CB and loss of cards, like PBD. The End restands much like Dragonic Overlord. This unit... loses divination, nor does it draw a large amount of cards.

Also consider that Tsukuyomi lets you know 12-15 cards of your deck. Late game (like when you'd have LB4 going off...) you will likely have hit your stack and will know exactly what you can draw, drive check, or damage check.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-19, 01:29

Yeah the huge issue I have with Sun is that she ruins Tsukuyomi's stack by shuffling. So you pretty much have to play a 4/4 crossride deck or play it with Whoracle Thoughtless Tank. Yet more boring vanilla crossrides. Do their blandness know no bounds?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-19, 05:07

You could however combine it with cards like Cocoa and Circle Magus alongside Dark Cat to have more of the 'Oracle' feel.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-19, 07:56

Alice wrote:
Yeah the huge issue I have with Sun is that she ruins Tsukuyomi's stack by shuffling. So you pretty much have to play a 4/4 crossride deck or play it with Whoracle Thoughtless Tank. Yet more boring vanilla crossrides. Do their blandness know no bounds?

This has made me question, were these X-Rides created in order to compete against the likes of Ji Endo? If so, it's not working so far, Ezel seems to be the only one I'd consider running instead.

If they weren't created to compete with Ji Endo, then why the fuck do they exist?

Also why does Ji Endo exist? I mean seriously, the card has got to go.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-19, 09:58

It might not ever come back. Season 3 still has Narukami, remember.

Anyway, back on track.

LEON YOU DUMBSHIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-19, 10:58

Why ? Money, dear boy.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-19, 12:27

3XXXDDD wrote:
Alice wrote:

This has made me question, were these X-Rides created in order to compete against the likes of Ji Endo? If so, it's not working so far, Ezel seems to be the only one I'd consider running instead.

If they weren't created to compete with Ji Endo, then why the fuck do they exist?

For defense, Ezel is best because the chance to crossride (even early) is the highest of all.

For offensive pressure, The End cannot be beaten. It's like they wanted the entire meta to be GP and KG!
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-19, 13:20

Alice wrote:
3XXXDDD wrote:
Alice wrote:

For defense, Ezel is best because the chance to crossride (even early) is the highest of all.

For offensive pressure, The End cannot be beaten. It's like they wanted the entire meta to be GP and KG!

Honestly, with how much support GP is getting I think you are half right. They want the meta to be GP... and only GP. -_-

Kagero probably isn't going anywhere though. It will probably make a good % of the decks at tournaments unless people get bored of it. And all the decks will be nearly identical, unless of course they give Kagero some more overpowered stuff.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-19, 14:13

Speaking of those fights and how horribad they were. Does anyone have a favorite cardfight? I want you guys to see who did the Fight Choreopgraphy for them to compare them with the season 2 stinkers.

That way we'll see if it's a change in staff or if it's editorial forcing the card choreographers to do this shit. I mean, that Double Crit was abismal. (Though I id like the retroactive crossride she did with Hare)
Back to top Go down
Biorhythm

Biorhythm

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-23, 23:49

SoulKaiser wrote:
Speaking of those fights and how horribad they were. Does anyone have a favorite cardfight? I want you guys to see who did the Fight Choreopgraphy for them to compare them with the season 2 stinkers.

That way we'll see if it's a change in staff or if it's editorial forcing the card choreographers to do this shit. I mean, that Double Crit was abismal. (Though I id like the retroactive crossride she did with Hare)

Anything Kai did was cool .__.

If sackers gonna sack, it might as well be Kai.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZ0wpY_wG0
Edit: My bad, the vid is more like "if cheaters gonna cheat..."
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-24, 23:56

Welp
Episode 99
PLOT! PLOT EVERYWHERE!

Leon is a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-25, 06:07

HOLY CRAP PLOT DUMP

...I don't see this ending well. I mean come on, Aichi (for plot reasons) won't lose against Chris. Is Chris really going to lose Psyqualia after doing virtually goddamn nothing with it?
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-25, 07:36

I'm still confused why shows built around games always struggle to show both games and plot at the same time.

Always have that episode to flatly explain why shit hit the fan 30 episodes ago instead of giving info as time goes on. Hell, with how much screen time they give Leon and his desire to go back into power it could easily have left hints of his alliance with Exdeath's Lover.

But then again the show isn't for plot or even games, just a 30 minute commercial for whatever is new in packs.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-25, 08:51

Klaus wrote:
I'm still confused why shows built around games always struggle to show both games and plot at the same time.

Always have that episode to flatly explain why shit hit the fan 30 episodes ago instead of giving info as time goes on. Hell, with how much screen time they give Leon and his desire to go back into power it could easily have left hints of his alliance with Exdeath's Lover.

But then again the show isn't for plot or even games, just a 30 minute commercial for whatever is new in packs.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Leon as Exdeath.
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-25, 13:39

To be fair, they never really tried to hide it. They always flat out said "Oh, that's the new card from < insert booster pack name >." SEE KIDS, BUYING CARDS GIVES YOU MORE POWER. GET MORE TODAY.

Last edited by CyprusWHM on 2012-11-25, 15:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nysonin609

Nysonin609

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-25, 15:00

The thing is that the first season was a commercial and people playing the game like normal people do with a little bit of magic and bullshitery, but not too extreme. The second season went Yu-Gi-Oh and made it less about the fun of the game and more about seeing which character can cough up the most bullshit to win the match.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-25, 15:36

At least we have plot D:

Just hoping it lasts now (preferably into Season 3, taking place on Cray mebbe?)
Back to top Go down
Nysonin609

Nysonin609

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-25, 15:52

Honestly, the only way I see the game saving itself from the power whore known as Gold Paladins is for there to be completely new characters in season 3 and for more nations to get more clans.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty2012-11-25, 16:31

Too late, S3 is all DUAL CLAN by which I mean Gold Paladin sucks up the entirety of US.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Season 2 so bad
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next