Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is Season 2 so bad

Go down 
+29
haxie-kun
Traesive
Gelatin
Oflari
WingZero
Kirosnefakman
ScarletWeather
NavyCherub
Omnigeek
HugeMcLargeTall
pantheron
zawarudo
Lockon Stratos
CyprusWHM
Nysonin609
Biorhythm
meeb
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
Kaji Motomiya
Lotus
MechaCrash
3XXXDDD
SoulKaiser
ShinkenRed
Klaus
smellmybox
HerO
Alice
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-07-31, 10:47

I dont have a big issue with the lucky hands and whatnot since that'd be like a Soldier complaining that an action movie was more realistic. I believe as long as it serves the narrative its ok to have Kai sack into two Triggs and they did show examples of awesome playing in season 1 (Misaki's Nats win being my fav).

But now its just doing what got me off VG in the first place. Superduper awesome people (Like Kai and AL4) who never loose vs. our heroes who get there asses kicked all the time. I raequit Season 1 in the summercamp ep when Kai beat The Emporer but got back when Evil!Aichi showed up. I was okay with them loosing in Singapore(even if Misaki magically sucks now since she doesn't have any new gimmi- i mean limit Breaks) but this went to far. It's recursive storytelling. I though that the Kai New AL4 thing would be like the awesome Kai Blitzkreig Boys arc from Beyblade G-Revolution but NOPE recursive storytelling.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-04, 23:34

And THEN there's THIS episode.
>Pendragon
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This is just laughable. The writers forgot vanguard is not some ancient legendary game. It's a normal card game in that universe. They already fucked the lore by having young Misaki have Tsukuyomi, nay, ANY cards given that only set 1 was out 6 years later. And now HURR LEGENDARY CLANS THAT ARE ANCIENT. AND ONLY ONE FAMILY STILL USES THIS ONE EVEN IF IT'S CARDBOARD AND MASS-PRODUCED. Also everyone suddenly knows royals exist. At first everyone played dumb when Aichi talked about them. Dear fuck this anime is shit
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-05, 06:15

Royals only exist while Daigo isn't stuck in the Time-Space warp apparently.

Also, wtf, Daigo teleporting?!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-05, 10:47

That was clearly just a marketing episode to show off their new crap. Both the Aqua Force and Pendragon stuff. They realized it wasn't in the show yet but the products would be out so they had to make an episode showing them off.

Look at it. It's episodic as hell. Some random fuck shows up, destroys the plot, shows off new toys, and then leaves presumably forever.

HURRRR.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-05, 11:30

Alice wrote:
That was clearly just a marketing episode to show off their new crap.

That's all they've been doing the entire season... That's also the reason Misaki keeps losing. There's no marketing value in someone winning with year old cards.
Unless of course at this training camp she switches to Coco, in which case she'll start winning again.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-05, 12:39

Misaki switching to CoCo would make me write a public article telling people to fuck off the Vanguard anime.

CoCo is the LEAST thoughtful deck in existence. And giving the character with actual skill a no-skill deck would piss me off beyond my limits.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-05, 13:27

Alice wrote:
Misaki switching to CoCo would make me write a public article telling people to fuck off the Vanguard anime.

CoCo is the LEAST thoughtful deck in existence. And giving the character with actual skill a no-skill deck would piss me off beyond my limits.

I can already see it:
Training camp with AL4, Misaki sees Asaka and she realizes she can't keep doing the same things if she wants to win. Misaki will cry about switching her tou-san and kaa-san's magic time traveling deck, realize that she can't keep relying on them forever, and switch over to Coco to show that she's strong enough make her own deck. She will then face someone, and the people watching the match will continuously say "sugoi... misaki-san has become so much stronger!", and when she wins in dramatic fashion, Asaka will lower her head and go "hmph, I knew you could do it" then walk off. A newfound sense of strength and acknowledgement from her peers will be followed by Misaki gazing out to the sunset, ready to face whatever lies ahead. IT'S A DATE FIGHTING GROWING ZANY ROCK BAND STAND UP
Back to top Go down
MechaCrash

MechaCrash

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-05, 13:39

I'm willing to overlook their fuckery about the relative release dates, since Vanguard was basically the card game when the show started, and in reality it wasn't even a year old. So if they have to say "no no, these cards are actually really old/brand new" when we know they're not, I'm willing to go with it if it serves the narrative.

I could even give Psyqualia a pass because it was framing the "heart of the cards" thing as bad because it's relying on someone else's power and not your own.

But Daigo being unstuck in time and space? This is crashing headlong into Yu-Gi-Oh bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-05, 14:00

No dude. In the actual lore itself, Vanguard is 6-7 years old. And for all 6 years, only Set 1 was out.

Seriously.

That's actually a thing.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-05, 14:16

I at least liked this ep for how awesome the cards were.

Also, hily fucking fuck are you serious? Man, I thought that was actually a plot hole but they tried to "explain it" with THAT bullshit?
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-07, 07:17

I guess I was wrong. Kamui and Misaki are getting their own extra boosters.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-07, 10:09

And I don't have to hate Vanguard because Misaki won't be using CoCo

But now we have to endure like 10 more episodes of her losing because it'll take too long to show the new extra boosters.
Back to top Go down
Lotus

Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-08, 01:51

But isn't this just as bad? Of course they'll both be using new cards from the new boosters and start winning more.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-08, 12:35

If the cards are cool enough then it's ok. See: Ultimate Robo Daiyuusha.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 00:01

Alice wrote:
No dude. In the actual lore itself, Vanguard is 6-7 years old. And for all 6 years, only Set 1 was out.

Seriously.

That's actually a thing.

It's true. Set 2 cards doesn't come out until Aichi starts participating in his regionals. And everyone's all "OMG he mastered a Onslaught of Dragon Souls card when it hasn't been out too long!" Yet SOMEHOW, loli-Misaki has Full-Moon Goddess Tsukuyomi as a treasured keepsake and beardless Tetsu is playing Dark Irregulars, both listed cards not released until Set 3, which is revealed during the actual Championships.

Seriously. How the fuck.
Back to top Go down
Lotus

Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 00:04

I finished season 1 and watched first episode of season 2 and NOPE'd out of it.

Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 ZfO3v
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 00:20

I think we should just wait till its over and cheRry pick the non-stupid parts like i did in season 1.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 02:33

Good luck with that
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 04:54

Re-watching episode 1 of Season 2 and even though Shadow Paladin was sealed, Skull Witch, Nemain manages to appear at 22:11 on the VF Circuit advertisements. Perhaps they're going to become a "Legendary Clan" like Royals.

Also Vermillion is behind the whole thing. Three simultaneous thunderbolts. A coup of the political structure of the entire Dragon Empire! But they're probably just make the big bad some huge shadow or something.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 07:17

Epideme wrote:
some huge shadow or something.

It is a shadow. Vermillion's true self.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 12:23

Damn, good eye Epideme
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 14:42

Well its not ALL bad.

Lets see here

1. Derp Ren

2. The Ceaser finally stopped being a jobber in the most badass way possible.

3.Daigo!

4. New Cards

5. Team Super Brain was kinda cool.

6. The Abominble Snowman episode was crazy fun in a camp sort of way.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 14:59

Daigo would have been cooler if he wasn't a Magician of Quantum Mechanics.

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2012-08-12, 03:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 15:49

3XXXDDD wrote:
Daigo would of been cooler if he wasn't a Magician of Quantum Mechanics.
>Would of
I think you know what I'm going to say.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty2012-08-09, 19:34

Ms. Mundi IS a sticker for Grammar and Syntax.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Season 2 so bad   Why is Season 2 so bad - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Season 2 so bad
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next