Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clan placement TESTING

Go down 
+22
Mr. WoW
3XXXDDD
FoodForThought
Rider Kick
zawarudo
Shadowbane
ShinkenRed
Kaji Motomiya
Tryston
WingZero
GalladeTheAbsol
Kirosnefakman
LittleFighterFox
Traesive
Omnigeek
Some Gamer Dude
Dragon∞Blade
VesperGhoul
Klaus
smellmybox
Lockon Stratos
Alice
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

Clan placement TESTING Empty
PostSubject: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 01:06

If anyone wants to help me test a new clan placement tool, please do so.

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=what-english-cardfight-vanguard-clan-are-you-vmundi

Let me know your result and how accurate you think it was. Helpful suggestions for questions are welcome.

Apparently I have to mention this. If it wasn't obvious, I've posted this in the invite only portion of this community. DO NOT repost this anywhere or share it with anyone. It doesn't help me at all if someone takes this in-progress beta test and I can't even contact them. Especially when they won't know it's in beta.

Last edited by Alice on 2013-01-20, 01:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 01:17

Uh, something seems to be a bit up. It says "my clan" is Nova Grappler, yet the highest percentage was in Shadow Paladin, with 23% in former and 31 in the latter. Is this on purpose, if so, please explain the rationale, or is it an honest mistake?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 01:26

Fuck sake do none of you people EVER read?

This is the fourth person I've had to tell that the pie chart is a comparison between you and the other testers. It says in red goddamn letters at the start of the test that the pie chart is NOT the result, and it's at the top of the page.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 01:39

Remember Alice, I'm just a dumb hillbilly who don't know no better. Okay, in all seriousness, that's just me showing my behind again. Whoops. Of course, a problem with the pie chart, is the fact that it's slanted. Most people taking it already play Vanguard, and have at least a passing familiarity with the clans, so it's automatically skewed. They'll pick the answers they think will give them the results they want, which would explain the glut of Shadow Paladins, as I highly doubt that many people are best fit by such a technical and skill oriented clan. Of course, that's my opinion of most "tests" like this, so take that how you may.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 01:40

The pie chart is totally irrelevant. Those are just testers
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 02:06

Bermuda Triangle apparently. I get the feeling it came to this conclusion solely because I said I highly value card advantage, since none of my other answers aside from desiring consistency really led to that. I'm not even sure consistency should go with Bermuda since as far as I can tell, sure you draw a lot, but if you don't actually get the combo of cards you need in the first place you'll do nothing all game. Maybe I'm wrong though. Never used them. I'm still pretty sure they don't fit the aesthetic of "futuristic warriors" though.

As for suggestions, is there a way for it to show how well you matched with the other clans too? Top 3, or even percentage matches for every clan. Just getting one feels pretty bleh and I'm sure newbies would appreciate more options.
Also the number of choices for the first few questions feels pretty overwhelming. Couldn't some of those be broken down into simpler questions like the ones at the end? It's just easier to answer those kinds of questions instead of picking from 14 different things twice in a row right at the start. For example, maybe the aesthetic question could boil down to warriors and knights, futuristic, mythical creatures, nature, and jailbait and just blanket multiple clans with those.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 02:26

Got Dimension Police, but I knew how to answer to get that, lol.

But is there some greater goal for this or is it for shits and grins?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 02:45

BT are consistent because of Pacifica. Clans are given status based on an inclusive level, not just their most popular builds.

There's no way to make the test show any more than one result. All the online testing creators are annoyingly limited. I'd code my own if I had the time and could be assed to.

This isn't for shits and grins; I want this to be a serious tool for new players who are indecisive.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 02:54

I seriously feel like the aesthetic question needs an overhaul. Players naturally want clans that they think look good, and forcing the person to choose one specific clan with that question then throwing it out when it doesn't match the playstyle they chose is a bad plan. I assume it must be possible to both cover multiple clans with each choice and make certain questions outweigh others, so I think a more general choice on aesthetics, each pointing to 4 or 5 clans, should heavily influence this, with the questions after helping narrow down the choices within. Of course, if the rest of the test points way off from what was chosen in aesthetics it should adjust accordingly too.

I mean c'mon. I said I liked futuristic warriors and got a harem of helpless little girls. That just ain't right.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 02:56

Ah, I see. Well then, I think that a few should be a little more simplified, ESPECIALLY the first two. Jeez, it's ridiculous. Personally, I'd put down something more along the lines of "Fantasy or Science Fiction?" and chalk up the answer as a point for the clans that fall in either category. Also, this plays into the first one, some of the answers are TOO specific, especially on Q2. I'd say, K.I.S.S. it liberaly.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 03:06

smellmy, the aesthetic question is already the most heavily weighted one. If you got mermaids, then you significantly overtook your first choice. This isn't here to help you decide what you think looks pretty. There are only 20 clans available and they're already listed with their full card libraries. This test assumes someone has at least glanced at them.
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 03:44

I don't know if you explained this already previously, but why is there no Dark Irregulars in the pie chart?

My Result: Pale Moon

Accuracy: 60% This rating I gave because my fav clan is DI's, but I feel that palemoon, has the same tribes, and since I put an emphasis on using technique, I believe that the questionnaire gave me pale moon because of that.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 03:51

Oh, this is unexpected. Shadow Paladins.

But in any case...OMG THAT TEST MADE ME FEEL ALL GIGGLY INSIDE.

I'm reposting this on my blog and telling all my friends to take it.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 04:17

I can see why having a nice test for it would be good. With card prices being wonky and people getting into the game don't quite know what they'd want, having a direction would help.

Been nice to have known I'd like Spike Bros before dumping into Granblue, lol.
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 09:32

I got Nova Grappler, which sounds about right. I main Emperor spikes, I like multiple attacks and from what I've tested, I like Nova Grapplers even more.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 13:43

Looks like most people aren't into the concept of random spam. Not terribly much of a surprise I suppose. Anyway, I got Oracles so probably accurate (or at least what I'd hoped to get).
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 14:01

Seems accurate at least for me. Tried each of the aesthetics and play styles I enjoy, and each time they directed me to the perfect clan that meets the criteria.
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 17:21

Perfect match with Nubatama.

I think you should remove the exclamation marks from the first question to remove bias. Also, why are there periods in question 6 but on none of the other ones?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 18:54

VesperGhoul wrote:
I don't know if you explained this already previously, but why is there no Dark Irregulars in the pie chart?

My Result: Pale Moon

Accuracy: 60% This rating I gave because my fav clan is DI's, but I feel that palemoon, has the same tribes, and since I put an emphasis on using technique, I believe that the questionnaire gave me pale moon because of that.
Yes I explained this. The pie chart is the comparison to everyone else's results. It's not the total number of clans nor your result. Just read the damn pie chart.

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
Oh, this is unexpected. Shadow Paladins.

But in any case...OMG THAT TEST MADE ME FEEL ALL GIGGLY INSIDE.

I'm reposting this on my blog and telling all my friends to take it.
NO. DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS. This is a tool that is still in beta for fuck's sake! If you posted it, IMMEDIATELY take it down now. There's a reason I put this in the invite-only portion of the board.

LittleFighterFox wrote:
Perfect match with Nubatama.

I think you should remove the exclamation marks from the first question to remove bias. Also, why are there periods in question 6 but on none of the other ones?
Some stuff was added in later while I was making it, so they ended up with different punctuation. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

@Everyone, so I've re-tooled the test a bit to not lean so heavily on Shadows. They were in a few areas that were odd. I'm glad the last few tests were really accurate though. Let me know how this one goes and if you have any question/answer suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 19:00

Also I'm still working on it, so if you get odd results that's why.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 19:41

Shadow Paladin.

And... WHERE THE FUCK IS MEGACOLONY

Hell, there isn't even an ''insect'' option on the aesthetics question.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 19:50

I still think you need to consolidate some of the first questions answers, especially like the first 3, which are basically different types of warriors. As my mother always said, Keep It Simple, Stupid.(Not an insult, just an expression with a fun acronym.)
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 20:00

Did it again with slightly altered answers. Shadow Paladin.

Lockon Stratos wrote:
I still think you need to consolidate some of the first questions answers, especially like the first 3, which are basically different types of warriors.

Already tried explaining that, but it felt like that bit of criticism was immediately discarded. First question could easily be brought down to 5 or 6 answers and make it much less frustrating to answer, but whatever. Fairies and cute things clearly need to be kept separate.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 20:05

Kirosnefakman wrote:
Shadow Paladin.

And... WHERE THE FUCK IS MEGACOLONY

Hell, there isn't even an ''insect'' option on the aesthetics question.
smellmybox wrote:
Did it again with slightly altered answers. Shadow Paladin.
I JUST SAID it wasn't finished yet so you'll get odd results.

smellmybox wrote:
Already tried explaining that, but it felt like that bit of criticism was immediately discarded. First question could easily be brought down to 5 or 6 answers and make it much less frustrating to answer, but whatever. Fairies and cute things clearly need to be kept separate.
Lockon Stratos wrote:
I still think you need to consolidate some of the first questions answers, especially like the first 3, which are basically different types of warriors. As my mother always said, Keep It Simple, Stupid.(Not an insult, just an expression with a fun acronym.)
I don't see why this would be the case. Why does it need to be simple with aesthetics are many and nuanced? The suggestion wasn't discarded. It was merely poorly explained and I don't have much of a reason to consolidate it. What exactly makes it bad to have more aesthetic choices? There are even more than this in the actual game. No one has yet to explain why they want less options in the first few questions. I'm sure as hell not reducing the options in the core mechanic question. That's deliberately varied.

Update: made some big changes to the system and added questions.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty2013-01-19, 20:10

Fascinating, it put me in with the Bermuda Triangle that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING Empty

Back to top Go down

Clan placement TESTING
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next