Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clan placement TESTING

Go down 
+22
Mr. WoW
3XXXDDD
FoodForThought
Rider Kick
zawarudo
Shadowbane
ShinkenRed
Kaji Motomiya
Tryston
WingZero
GalladeTheAbsol
Kirosnefakman
LittleFighterFox
Traesive
Omnigeek
Some Gamer Dude
DragonāˆžBlade
VesperGhoul
Klaus
smellmybox
Lockon Stratos
Alice
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-19, 20:11

Omnigeek wrote:
Fascinating, it put me in with the Bermuda Triangle that time.
Mind telling me if that's semi-accurate and how you chose to answer?
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-19, 20:22

Some of the answers are a little redundant, like the aforementioned cute things and fairies thing, and my mention of the fact that the first three answers of the first question are obviously refering to the three Paladin clans, who could all be summed up as warriors. Personally, I'd add a few more questions (Of course, what I have in my head is a branching question tree that leads you to a grouping of 2 or 3 clans that fit best, but that seems a little complicated, and something tells me that you can't do that with the tools at hand. Just wanted to give what my "ideal" solution would be.) and simplify the answers somewhat,making them have about two or three answers. "Science Fiction or Fantasy?," "Cool or Cute?" and other stuff like that are what I'm thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-19, 20:49

This test wouldn't look anything like what I have now if my tools were more powerful. I'd create a conditional branching questionnaire that adds points and loops around to relevant questions based on previously asked questions. Then at the end I'd give people a full report of where they fit with each clan. And I'd have multiple selection too.

Online quiz sites that are free are garbage so don't blame me for my tools. Anyway I made some updates.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-19, 22:07

Alice wrote:
Omnigeek wrote:
Fascinating, it put me in with the Bermuda Triangle that time.
Mind telling me if that's semi-accurate and how you chose to answer?

It was probably close to accurate. I think I may have unintentionally changed one of my answers, however, the second time. After another try and changing one of the responses it gave me Oracles again. So the change was probably my own fault on that one (really the question "What advantage do you prefer" [paraphrased] had about two answers that worked for me).
Back to top Go down
GalladeTheAbsol

GalladeTheAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-21, 13:50

I ended up with Pale Moon, then retook it once more with 3 different answers and still ended up with Pale Moon. I'd never really considered the deck much before, but it does really seem to fit what I'd be looking for in a clan. Will definitely have to test it out and see how I pan out with it.

At the very least, it got me thinking about what I like in terms of playstyle, which for a guy still sort of bouncing around and exploring clans is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-21, 16:20

I got Bermuda.

Nope.Dek.jpg.

I'm not entirely sure how I ended up there. I said I like Mechas So lets give you mermaids(Though I do also enjoy cleavage)

I think it came from the field advantage and "technical" choices.

Edit: Okay so I just took the test again, this time I got Shadow Paladin(Sorry Alice if you don't want us taking the test more then once). I changed up a few of my answers. I really dont see how this is taking all the information I gave during the test and spitting out a proper clan, I dunno, just doesnt seem right.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-21, 16:30

Did the test a couple times in the last couple days, each time getting either Dimension Police again or OTT, lol.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-21, 17:18

WingZero wrote:
I got Bermuda.

Nope.Dek.jpg.

I'm not entirely sure how I ended up there. I said I like Mechas So lets give you mermaids(Though I do also enjoy cleavage)

Edit: Okay so I just took the test again, this time I got Shadow Paladin(Sorry Alice if you don't want us taking the test more then once). I changed up a few of my answers. I really dont see how this is taking all the information I gave during the test and spitting out a proper clan, I dunno, just doesnt seem right.
Okay time out. You guys need to stop this. If you're going in with a mindset that you want fucking mechas, then pick a clan with mechas in it and don't take the goddamn test. Aesthetics are weighted, but I am not making it a one-question test. There are only so many play styles for mech fans, TWO in fact. You don't need a test to tell you which of the two. Don't fucking complain about the aesthetics of the results. Do you think Bermudas match a mechanical basis in your choices?
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-21, 17:41

Alice wrote:
WingZero wrote:
I got Bermuda.

Nope.Dek.jpg.

Okay time out. You guys need to stop this. If you're going in with a mindset that you want fucking mechas, then pick a clan with mechas in it and don't take the goddamn test. Aesthetics are weighted, but I am not making it a one-question test. There are only so many play styles for mech fans, TWO in fact. You don't need a test to tell you which of the two. Don't fucking complain about the aesthetics of the results. Do you think Bermudas match a mechanical basis in your choices?

I apologize, I thought I read earlier that Aestetics were weighted heavily thats all. The fact that it came with something not Mecha doesn't bother me. I'm just not entirely sure that the answer that are being generated are completely accurate with the answers being given. Like, Bermuda Triangle I can sort of see, I said Technical, and that I like Field Control, seems about right. However for when I took the test a second time, I'm not entirely sure considering I only altered to answer and even the end desciption of why it generated Shaladins wasn't accurate with what I had answered.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-21, 19:13

Price is also weighted.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-21, 19:40

Both times I said Price was not an option :P
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-22, 06:06

WingZero wrote:
Every question also matters. Mind telling me what question you answered differently from Bermudas and Shadows?
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-22, 17:58

I got spike bros three times in a row. Well fuck, I've always loved watching them when kyo plays them. And the demon/Lovecraft aesthetic and gladiator beast-like game play appeals to me... :3
Its kinda funny becuase i would've ran them originally
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-22, 18:16

Alice wrote:
WingZero wrote:
Every question also matters. Mind telling me what question you answered differently from Bermudas and Shadows?

Sorry, its been too long I'm pretty sure I forget, but I'll go through the test again and see if I can remember.

So yeah I went through it a few times. I got Shadow Paladin and then Bermuda Triangle again. I don't really understand the Shadow Pally(I do and I don't) but I think the "requirements" for Bermuda are a bit too broad.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-22, 21:24

Decided to be more true to myself this time around.
Aesthetic- Knights
Ideal- Mixing Tactics during the game
Overall play style- Defensive
budget- No concern.
What do i want out of the game- a challenging fight
Level of play- Grade 3 now that i mastered bizarroblue.
Is generating card advantage a concern- Nope
Is deck consistency a concern for you- fuck yes
Which describes how you play any deck- Makes small plays that add up
Are a bunch of builds important to you- Nope
What i hate the most about card games- Opponents setting up against me easily
Which weakness is unacceptable- Being chance reliant
Which statement do you agree with- Options lead to victory.
I GOT SHADOW PALS!!!!
Any ideas of what else i would've gotten?

Last edited by Tryston on 2013-01-23, 21:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-22, 21:59

See, I don't think I've mastered everything so I can't list myself as grade 3, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure who here can (Based on what I know about certain people I've played/Discussed). Like Fira said I was average, so I can't say im an expert now can I?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-23, 00:23

Bermudas will be tagged onto anything advantage related. They really are versatile enough to come up often.

Tryston, just so you know, mastering Bizarooblue does not make you a master at vanguard. See, this is why I put a damn disclaimer in the question to begin with. Being a master means you make 0-1 misplays per game and can pick up any deck build and play it like butter. Can you play with the absolute best this game will ever have to offer and be their equals?

As for your questions, all of those point directly to Shadows. Royals were close behind.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-23, 02:36

I ended up with Royal Paladins. I was expecting something about Nova Grapplers, but I was surprised I ended up with this. I thought I answered the questions to the best of my honesty, but I may have been confused by my own play style (I can never define my playstyle into "words", so describing how I play usually boils down to aggressive offense or tactical defense).

But due to playing Crystal and Feath a lot with their Gamore RP decks, I maybe I should try playing that...

Oh god, Iseult...
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-23, 03:29

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Alice on this one, Tryston. Bizzaroblue is easy to master, as, in my experience, either you get it, or you don't, and you got it, it becomes putty in your hands. Rotting undead putty... yeaaaah, wrong image there... REALLY wrong.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-23, 03:55

I'm aiming for Dimension Police but I got Nova Grapplers instead. I guess they are just suitable for me for some unknown reasons. Can I suggest a "lots of power-ups" answer for question 2? As in can be either frequent power boosts or a seldom big boost. I chose big explosive plays but that didn't really specify the playstyle that belongs to me.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-23, 17:09

Alice wrote:
Bermudas will be tagged onto anything advantage related. They really are versatile enough to come up often.

Tryston, just so you know, mastering Bizarooblue does not make you a master at vanguard. See, this is why I put a damn disclaimer in the question to begin with. Being a master means you make 0-1 misplays per game and can pick up any deck build and play it like butter. Can you play with the absolute best this game will ever have to offer and be their equals?

As for your questions, all of those point directly to Shadows. Royals were close behind.
Damn i'd say grade 2 then. I was just a little hyped that i mastered my first deck.
I don't know about playing the best and being their equals, seeing as though my locals is trash.
But i'd love any chance to get better!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-23, 21:22

ShinkenRed wrote:
I'm aiming for Dimension Police but I got Nova Grapplers instead. I guess they are just suitable for me for some unknown reasons. Can I suggest a "lots of power-ups" answer for question 2? As in can be either frequent power boosts or a seldom big boost. I chose big explosive plays but that didn't really specify the playstyle that belongs to me.
Unfortunately Novas and Dimension are really hard to separate. A few key questions can do it like number of builds and weakness. But for the most part they have similar aesthetics and Stern is part of Novas with a similar play style.

Tryston wrote:
Alice wrote:

Damn i'd say grade 2 then. I was just a little hyped that i mastered my first deck.
I don't know about playing the best and being their equals, seeing as though my locals is trash.
But i'd love any chance to get better!
Yeahh....no. I'm going to get rid of this question. The thought just occured to me that Pojotards are going to all say Grade 2-3 when they're more like Grade 1.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-23, 21:26

They'd most likely say grade 3 if they are as dumb as you say.
Still got shadows.
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-24, 02:28

Thought about each question thoroughly, and got Royal Paladins, which wasn't all that surprising.

Q1. Knights
Q2. Field consistency
Q3. Aggression
Q4. Money is no concern
Q5. A challenging fight
Q6. G2 Adept/Intermediate
Q7. Somewhat a concern
Q8. Very much a concern
Q9. However it needs to be played to win
Q10. Not important
Q11. Being screwed over by my own deck
Q12. Bad ride consistency
Q13. Inclined to neither / Both equally
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty2013-01-24, 20:54

Alice, were you planning on putting the test on your blog when you're done working on it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan placement TESTING   Clan placement TESTING - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clan placement TESTING
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next