Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deck help for a special tournament

Go down 
+16
Dakota
Jabberwock
junri
Kirosnefakman
Alice
thym4n
3XXXDDD
Chestnut_Rice
zaglier
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Pendragon
ResourcefulGeneral
BrookylnRage
Mongoose
bradon
Vulcanpeace
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-20, 11:44

Well after play testing my Hit n Run, it was a bit bad...okay it was terrible
back on the drawing board and running out of both ideas and cards that are available to me(owned,lendable)
I tried:
Zeal, nubatama, and megacolony
i thought if i could fuse the most mentally sadistic clans i could make them cry but
i soon realized that i exhausted my counterblasts way too early ,
maybe i could sacrifice some power for damage unflippers like nociel,CDM,or humpty.

THE PALLADINS:
perhaps this might have been a good idea but i didnt have the cards needed to make this tournament ready

well those are the ones i thought but i just cant find the right "completely" broken combo i need to break this tournament...perhaps there isnt one,by making all clans broken maybe the game balanced itself out..ha ha
Back to top Go down
Mongoose

Mongoose

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-21, 01:35

Just a thought, if you are playing in a Japanese format you can breakride Zeal over Bad End Dragger.

Then just add in some Sky Divers and Storm Riders, and you're good to go.
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-21, 03:25

Mongoose wrote:
Just a thought, if you are playing in a Japanese format you can breakride Zeal over Bad End Dragger.

Then just add in some Sky Divers and Storm Riders, and you're good to go.

Oh god, that's so mean.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-21, 07:28

How about dauntless descendant?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-21, 08:21

OHHHH CHRIST
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-22, 12:14

BrookylnRage wrote:
How about dauntless descendant?
you sir,are a genius :D
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-22, 20:01

Doesn't work. Seal Dragons and Eradicators are still required to be in the name regardless of clan.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-23, 07:26

Alice wrote:
Doesn't work. Seal Dragons and Eradicators are still required to be in the name regardless of clan.
I think it might,the only non clan requirements come from Descendant:

[AUTO](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):
[Counter Blast (1) & Choose three cards with "Eradicator" in its card name from your hand, and discard them]
At the beginning of the close step of the battle that this unit attacked, if the attack did not hit during that battle, you may pay the cost.
If you do, [Stand] this unit, and gets [Critical]+1 until end of turn. This ability cannot be used for the rest of that turn.

whereas dauntless drive is a clan requirement:

[AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage): When a «Kagerō» rides this unit,
choose one of your vanguards, that unit gets [Power]+10000 and "[AUTO](VC):[Choose three cards from your hand, and discard them]
At the beginning of the close step of the battle that this unit attacked,
if this unit did not [Stand] during this turn, you may pay the cost. If you do, [Stand] this unit." until end of turn.

My point is that to make it work one simply needs to make an eradicator deck with dauntless.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-23, 14:46

I know what his effect is. I want to know why you will gimp your deck with all Narukami except 4 Kagero when the criteria is break the game as much as possible within clan limits.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-24, 13:26

Alice wrote:
I know what his effect is. I want to know why you will gimp your deck with all Narukami except 4 Kagero when the criteria is break the game as much as possible within clan limits.
You're right,I almost forgot the point of this thread ^_^

the idea before dauntless descendant would have been awesome if it were already available in english.
It just guarantees you a win almost all the time even when you're at 5-2 dmg disadvantage
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-24, 20:05

I feel stupid asking this... but how does dauntless descendant work?
I read both their effects, but I'm not getting it...
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-24, 20:32

thym4n wrote:
I feel stupid asking this... but how does dauntless descendant work?
I read both their effects, but I'm not getting it...
well you see both their effect allow you stand again if their attack didn't hit
let me give you this scenario:
opponents dmg:5
your dmg:also 5

You attack with your vg:let's say somewhere between maybe 16-18k
he guards for 2 to pass discarding between 2-3 cards(#of cards discarded is baesd on your power and quality of guards): you add all effect to vg
you activate one of their skills either your vg or the effect given by breakride
you stand again this time he guards between 1-4 cards depending on how many triggs you got and which effect you used
still not dead?
you use the skill that hasnt been used yet and stand it again
on attack he now has to guard between 2-8 cards and you have +1 crit (not counting the crit triggs you got while checking)
Keep in mind that by now you twin drived 3 times and your rgs still haven't attacked
So to keep from losing he had to guard 5 cards at worst case and over 15 cards at best.
This isnt a fair fight against a normal deck but in No clan rules this isnt even the tip of the iceberg in broken power.
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-24, 21:50

So really, his best bet then is a heal trigger?
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-25, 02:06

Even a heal trigger won't be enough to save him/her.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-26, 02:05

what do you guys think of Dudley Mason/Pellinore build?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-26, 04:03

Better have a backup plan in mind unless you like sitting on a 10k Vanilla for most of the game.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-26, 04:47

I just realized since Mason's skill works in rear guard as well you could have a mason on rg and vg at the same time and potentially have your vg attack 3 times with 2 of those times being twin drive.

I can't think of a good back up plan in case it goes wrong which it likely will cause I'm guessing they will guard the fuck out of Mason,Vg or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-26, 13:15

if it's pellinore-mason, then try running seifried as your vanguard. Twin driving a grade 3 pays off for another twin drive :)

I also had another wierd idea while i was in the shower O.O

could you mix spectral duke with some of the tachikaze brachio units? Putting a dauntless for a break ride in case duke is null guarded or something. But under that, I had 1 questions:

1. if duke already lost twin drive, can it stand up a second time to attack?

one more disadvantage about that idea is counterblast management...
Back to top Go down
Phantokaxl

Phantokaxl

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-26, 14:03

[1. if duke already lost twin drive, can it stand up a second time to attack?]

It can but remember that you have to give up 3 units to use Duke's effect again
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-26, 14:35

1) Yes, As long as the cost can be paid.

I am really surprised no x.rides have been mentioned.
I'm going to ignore the breakrides and x.rides, for some cheaper alternatives (Brackets indicate different deck):

Invincible KAGERO/BLASTER BLADE Traps
> Instead of using Megacolony to trap, kill

Tri-stinger BESERK Dragon
> Costless retirement, and late game can provide +3k boosts

Tamamo BLASTER SPIRIT (COCOA)
> Again with the retire theme (or psuedo-Amaterasu)

SNOWGAL Sephirot
> Relieves Sephirot from its ride chain

Metatron COCOA
> Double Anticipation

Genovious (Nova Grappler) Palamedes
> Palamedes with almost anything really, becasue 13k can compete with x.rides

Commander Laurel Descendant [Think this was mentioned, but just in case]
> Bet on Heal

AMON Purple trapezist/Peek-a-boo
> With the rights cards, infinite pluses every turn

Dark Irregular - AGRAVAIN(DAIMU)
> Megablast and sit on 15k defense. (Or blow up the field)

PERFECT Pale moon RAIZER (Machinings)
> Can use other cards to put raizers in the soul (Or machinings that you need)

Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-26, 15:54

Rumble Gun Dragon, Goku, Berserk Dragon, Dragonic Deathscythe.
Done.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-26, 20:44

Goku+shitload of G3s with gancelot edel rose and palamedes+Barcgal(Casual,Only)
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-27, 09:38

Pendragon wrote:
I believe someone already made that in page 1...THE MORIKAWA I am a huge faggot please rape my face
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-27, 11:40

Vulcanpeace wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
I believe someone already made that in page 1...THE MORIKAWA I am a huge faggot please rape my face

I don't even remember what I typed ,how did I get censored 0_0
I'm pretty sure I didn't type 3D's screen name
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty2013-05-27, 11:45

I just realized something useless
Even though it’s not out, you could use ethics buster when it comes out
I wasn’t thinking about a deck, more of a field strategy, and this is what I thought of;

Break ride (A really good Grade 3 which i can’t think of at the moment) over Ethics Buster

[Miracle Beauty] [Really Good Grade 3] [Miracle Beauty]
[Toolkit Boy] [Commander Laurel] [Toolkit Boy]

Basically, your really-good grade 3 will keep attacking, ethics keeps standing, and laurel stands vanguard. The only problem is if your opponent null guards your first vanguard attack. I was thinking of putting EDD for that reason, but getting 3 Eradicators in your hand in such a combo might be hard... Therefore, you have to manage 2 things;

1. A card that can stand the vanguard if it misses (where you can just reset the positions of your backrow rearguards)
2. Get a really epic vanguard :D

Just to explain one thing, I put the toolkit boys in case if you need damage unflipping. Of course, it can be changed.

Also, i found a real-life application to an altered combo that can go off really well again if your vanguard isn’t stopped:

[Lifeform Storm] [Stern Blaukluger] [Lifeform Storm]
[Cray Soldier] [Dancing Wolf] [Cray Soldier]

The combo is attack w/ stern, counter blast, stern stands, storms unflip 2, stern attacks, storms stand, etc. For this, the formula for maximum attacks possible is # of novas in your hand + 1 attacks for the vanguard, x3 if you include the storms. This keeps a lot of pressure. But there are 3 problems the deck faces;

1. If stern is blocked the first time, that’s kind of game because the gambit failed
2. If stern can’t be blocked, the storms are the next targets. That’s why you need to keep as many counter blasts as possible, so it can go on for as long as possible
3. Again, my back-row rearguard choices aren’t the best. But I had to put Cray soldier because if you put tough boy behind the storms then the storms stand again, there is nothing to boost it. Storm doesn’t hit a vanguard, can’t flip the damage

This theme if more of a final gambit, and can easily be squished into any stern deck
Again, sorry if someone came up with this combo >.<

Even though this didn’t help the “best deck” idea, I was trying to apply this to real life
(I actually came across the combo when thinking of the “best deck”. I was thinking of an infinite-standguard deck. Then I came across Beast Deity Ethics Buster...)

Now my question is, Bad End Dragger or Beast Deity Ethics Buster?

And the deck is completely legal :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck help for a special tournament   Deck help for a special tournament - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck help for a special tournament
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next