Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread

Go down 
+25
Traesive
CyprusWHM
WingZero
Kaji Motomiya
AstoXx
zawarudo
Pcyborg
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
corundum
meeb
veldrien
Dark5ide
Kotters
HugeMcLargeTall
PuppyCop
FBZyphere0101
Epideme
smellmybox
MechaCrash
Klaus
SoulKaiser
HerO
Wolfen
Alice
3XXXDDD
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-08, 20:43

Results from Dallas.

1st - Spectral Duke
2nd - (Generic?) Gold Paladin
3rd - Spectral Duke
4th - Kagero
5-8 Spectral Duke, Spectral Duke, Tsukuyomi

Worthy of note, there is some talk of the winner cheating in the final match, with four judges watching, apparently there is a video of it as well but we'll never get to see it due to lack of permission from the winner.

It went like this, apparently so. During the final match, the winner twin drive checked with a Grade 2 as an *accident* and apparently everyone but the 4 (now 6) judges didn't notice.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-09, 05:40

Dallas had 220 participants or so I hear. Biggest one yet.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-09, 21:40

3XXXDDD wrote:
Results from Dallas.

1st - Spectral Duke
2nd - (Generic?) Gold Paladin
3rd - Spectral Duke
4th - Kagero
5-8 Spectral Duke, Spectral Duke, Tsukuyomi

Worthy of note, there is some talk of the winner cheating in the final match, with four judges watching, apparently there is a video of it as well but we'll never get to see it due to lack of permission from the winner.

It went like this, apparently so. During the final match, the winner twin drive checked with a Grade 2 as an *accident* and apparently everyone but the 4 (now 6) judges didn't notice.

That angers me and someone from Bushiroad needs to conduct an investigation

Also Dallas scrubs all playing Duke ahahahahha
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 02:35

Gotta love the Tex pride. It good to know Bushi is on this though, they banned the Bermuda cheat for like 18 months.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 07:14

Dallas Chart up.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 17:23

Wow. This is the lamest format ever. I hope this rampant fanboyism dies down. Oh wait, it won't. It'll just fuel more fanboyism because people will get it in their heads that Golds are somehow better than everything else.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 17:30

Alice wrote:
Wow. This is the lamest format ever. I hope this rampant fanboyism dies down. Oh wait, it won't. It'll just fuel more fanboyism because people will get it in their heads that Golds are somehow better than everything else.

Set 7 may shake things up...

...hopefully.

I'll pounce on them all with my Luquier and start the new fad!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 17:56

I really don't see 7 making big changes to the game.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 19:37

Alice wrote:

Great Nature could do something in it's first event. Dark Irregulars might also actually get played with a better trigger line up from it (I wouldn't be sure of them topping though).

Regardless, we don't need something to do really well in the game all over the place, we need just one deck, anything, non-GP to win a single thing and then maybe, just maybe, people will decide this game isn't as imbalanced as they think it is (English-wise) and start playing stuff they actually like and are possibly much more competent with.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 19:45

I still blame the ease trial decks give to GP, RP, Kagero, and Naru for the large numbers of them in tournaments.

Which still makes me wonder; when will we see the NG and OTT trials? lol

At least in Dallas there was a nice number of Spike Bros players and someone trying to mix up clans.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 20:20

3XXXDDD wrote:
Alice wrote:

Great Nature could do something in it's first event. Dark Irregulars might also actually get played with a better trigger line up from it (I wouldn't be sure of them topping though).

Regardless, we don't need something to do really well in the game all over the place, we need just one deck, anything, non-GP to win a single thing and then maybe, just maybe, people will decide this game isn't as imbalanced as they think it is (English-wise) and start playing stuff they actually like and are possibly much more competent with.

Well you've hit the catch. Due to the game's well-balanced nature, it's extremely improbable for a deck that's played as a minority to win. Due to the fact that each deck is equally likely to top, the deck that is more present is the one that's more likely. Simple probability.

Due to the circular logic fallacy that people are making in relation to "top decks", it will continue to get worse, too. In other words, we need to hold lots and lots of tournament events until finally the margins of chance catch up. And even then, there are no guarantees that the bandwagon will be stopped just by one instance. Not even a little bit.

My hope is that at some point, Spikes win 2 tournaments by chance. Then people see this, emulate it, and it spreads a bit until Spikes enter part of the top. Then people might get it into their heads that other clans can "underdog" to the top.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 20:24

Klaus wrote:
I still blame the ease trial decks give to GP, RP, Kagero, and Naru for the large numbers of them in tournaments.

Which still makes me wonder; when will we see the NG and OTT trials? lol

At least in Dallas there was a nice number of Spike Bros players and someone trying to mix up clans.

That's an interesting hypothesis. Mine is that the main 2 characters have their decks pimped the most in the anime. Yours would explain why the decks are popular for people who don't watch the anime OR follow group trends but still end up with the same decks due to anything other than preference. Once we get the NG and OTT TDs we'll know more.

And I think subconsciously I'm predicting AQ to be somewhat big due to their inclusion of a TD.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-10, 22:47

It's a bit of mixture of correlation and causation if I may bend the vernacular. The cartoon pimps certain clans, so the tcg gives these clans trail decks, this leads them to be more popular, leading to tourney tops leading to more play. It's a triangle of stupidity.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-16, 13:32

Top 4 Seattle
1. Naru
2. EzelMore
3. SDD
4. Tsuku

Top 4 Mexico
Champion: Narukami
2nd: Nova Grappler
3rd: Gold Paladin
4th: Royal Paladin
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-16, 14:30

SUDDENLY, narukamis.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-16, 19:50

God damn it all. Mexico doesn't even HAVE the cartoon, Is the Diffusion that frikkin' strong? At least Novas came ahead. I wonder if it would be possible to make an "adjusted for popularity" view of tournies to see what actually is good or not.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-16, 22:05

SK, America doesn't have season 2.

Mexico watches it the same way we all do. Subs. Also I might actually be able to make an adjusted view. If I can get Mexico's demographics, that'd help a lot so it can be accurate.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-17, 04:13

Kickass! I'll put that up in the sugs thread.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 07:24

Updated with Seattle.

30% GP
10% NK

1 NK wins
1 NK tops
4 GP top

Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 07:58

Sigh. Big 4 are still the big 4. and GP are still overplayed. It's only going to get worse from here.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 08:19

Narukami might not be the best alternative to see winning but at least there is some level of proof that GP aren't Tier 0 as some believe.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 08:50

I can't wait for the random DI/TK win.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 11:50

Alice, you were in the scene for Early YGO and Pokemon right? How long did it take them to get out this phase? Or is VG's balance working against it here? (Holy crap Tom Rogers was right. Kill me now please.)
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 11:53

SoulKaiser wrote:
Alice, you were in the scene for Early YGO and Pokemon right? How long did it take them to get out this phase? Or is VG's balance working against it here? (Holy crap Tom Rogers was right. Kill me now please.)

Pfffthahahahaha. Yugioh has turned into nothing more but fad after fad after fad.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty2012-09-18, 13:54

What 3D said. I was in YGO since 2001 and never stopped until this year. So a little over a decade of experience. If by "this phase" you just mean people being stupid and randomly asserting shit; well, it took a long time actually. The top players always knew the best stuff to use and do, but the bottom players really didn't know shit and always asserted nonsense like in Vanguard. It really didn't start becoming more cohesive until 2005, maybe 2004. So 3-4 years for everyone to get in line with concepts like Card Advantage and how to make strategic decks/plays. That's mostly due to the fact that there were no REAL tournaments for so long.

If Vanguard keeps the tournament scene going, we might see a change sooner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread   WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WCQ 2012 - Results Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next