Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attack Order

Go down 
+10
LittleFighterFox
TehNACHO
Mizuki
luis
Tryston
Traesive
ScarletWeather
Alice
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
PedroMar
14 posters
AuthorMessage
PedroMar

PedroMar

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-19, 13:20

Hello, i'm really new, and i want to ask, what's your attack order in late game when you dont play stands and why you prefer that order?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-19, 13:44

VG first. That way if you get Criticals, you can put them on your RGs and also seals of potential fifth damage check gambits.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-19, 14:25

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
VG first. That way if you get Criticals, you can put them on your RGs and also seals of potential fifth damage check gambits.
This, you don't want your triggers to go to waste.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-19, 14:26

Depends on what I'm playing and my current field make-up.

If I'm trying to get a +critical Vanguard through- usually rear guard attacks any intercepts before sending in the Vanguard.

If my rear guards aren't boosted for some reason or I want to target a rear guard- do that first.

Otherwise default to the above for those reasons.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-19, 15:18

Regardless of my triggers, I always go rg vg rg. Unless it's Aqua Force.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-19, 16:55

If playing a shit ton of stands, go rg rg vg.
Back to top Go down
luis

luis

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-20, 14:22

If you are playing a set of criticals with those stands, you should go rg vg rg.
Back to top Go down
Mizuki

Mizuki

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-20, 15:46

Asura/Azure I go RG/RG/VG except if I've gone through a bunch of stands/g3s and only have draws/heals left/more draws/heals than stands/g3s, then i go rg/vg/rg

in decks where my RG columns are 3/3/2 i go 3 RG 3 VG, put all triggers on the 2 column

in decks where i have a 1 stage column and they have interceptors i send the 1 stage column(s) in to interceptors first.

in decks like royal which are consistently 2/3/2 or 3/3/3 i always attack with VG first.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-20, 16:32

12 Crit Azure Asura:
If I have an all standable field (as in: Full DA column, one DA and one non-DA column, with Asura Vanguard OR all DA field) then I attack with vanguard last.

If I have a semi-standable field (one or 1.5 columns) then I attack RG, VG, RG.

Same exact situation for critstand decks. RG, VG, RG.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2012-12-20, 18:16

Depends on my field. If I have an on-hit skill that will only force out 10K and I know the opponent has 10K or so in their hand, I'd usually attack with it first to see it get blocked, then swing with my Vanguard and see the opponent with *technically* 10K less shield than they normally would to stop my attacks should I pull a crit.

Another situation I'd attack with a Rearguard column first is in those situations I'd attack a rearguard. This could mean between attacking a 5K intercept because attacking their Vanguard would only force out 5K anyway, or just for killing a high priority target and setting up for my earlier example, letting my Vanguard through and making Crits just a little scarier with the opponent maybe having less shields to compensate.

I'd attack with the Vanguard in any situation that rhymes with the opponent is at schmour damage. For rather obvious reasons, of course. Depending on my Vanguard, that can change here or there, but I like sticking to making sure to make the most of my threats.

The only time I'd attack Vanguard last is either very situational moments in the early game, or if I'm playing an exceedingly Stand-Heavy deck.

Also as a note of attacking order, I find that by the time the opponent hits 5 Damage, it's usually most effective to attack in a way that capitalizes on atleast stage 3 attacks per column. Like if I have a Palamedes, Alfred, and a Blaster Blade all with 8K boosters because durr, I'd attack with Palamedes first, then Alfred, and pass off triggers on Blaster Blade in an attempt to force out the most possible amount of cards.
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2013-01-04, 15:22

I was actually working on this problem and posted my data on my own blog, but it feels akward linking it here so I'll just go over what I found. It was originally for my RP friend and put alot of conditions, but in general if follows common scenarios. With a little spreadsheet magic I tracked all power levels from 5k-25k. (This was before I read Alice's post on Game theory, but I already knew it was kinda off. I might rework it if I knew a good place to start). Whatever. I'll just tell you what I found out, composed in a little chart:

List each column as odd or even
If there are more even values then odd values
- Attack with Vanguard First
- Then the Weaker Rearguard followed by the stronger one
If there are more odd values then even values
- If opponent has less then 4 damage
- - Weakest Rearguard column first
- - Vanguard then Last Rearguard
- If opponent has 5 damage
- - Weakest ODD Rearguard column first
- - Vanguard then Last Rearguard

So for a 2/2/2 column it is best to start with your vanguard. For a 2/3/3 though you also neeed to consider what your opponent choices are. On average attacking with the weaker odd columm is better, but for a specific scenario (letting the first attack hit) you lose more then if you started with the other side. Of course, a smart opponent can always find the best case in each plan you choose, but I don't think everyone memorizes attack patterns and rather just focus on what has the most threat.

Honestly though, I only found this experimentally. There could be a lot of holes and I really hope someone looks over this. (Or you can just turn a blind eye, I don't mind) I didn't include probabilities for each case, nor any threat levels to dictate what the opponent would do. (But of course, my RP friend has no on-hit effects anyways). I've attached the spreadsheet here in case anyone wants to take a look at it. Just plug in three numbers at the top of the chart and it will do all the calculations in the blink of an eye: GuardChart
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2013-01-04, 18:44

I mostly go with the vanguard first, and then attack with the rear-guards to give any triggers the best chance of hitting. However, there is always some leeway and the situation may require an attack against an intercept first. The thing is you really won't be able to predict how your forces will need to be launched before each game. There is always some adaptation in the midst of a game.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2013-01-04, 22:10

I use Sham-wow and Phoenix in Angel Feather, so usually I'd attack with my VG to get a swap off and boost my field, then attack with my boosted Phoenixes and PONIES.
Back to top Go down
ZanderSteel_91

ZanderSteel_91

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2013-01-05, 14:27

Im a pretty conservative player so my order often goes with a RG atk usually unboosted to a opp intercept to get rid of it or bait a 5k guard which will then hopefully get my VG hit threw easier then any checked triggers goes to my then boosted potentially 20k+ RG column. Thats my fav set-up more often then not, but as a firm believer in 8 Critical Triggers sometimes VG first, mostly when there at 4 damage...you feeling lucky, punk?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2013-01-05, 15:29

>Unboosted RG
Totally wasted
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty2013-01-05, 16:12

Depends what damage they're at, whether or not I'm planning to go for rears, and how many heals they have left.

Oh, and if it's Shamsiel or not.

Umm, and what my rear guards are.

Well, assuming normal circumstances, no stand deck, 2/3/3 columns, 4-5 damage for opponent, 3 or less heals left in deck, not attacking rear guards this turn: Vanguard first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attack Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack Order   Attack Order Empty

Back to top Go down

Attack Order
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: