Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changing Shield values

Go down 
+2
thym4n
LittleFighterFox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

Changing Shield values Empty
PostSubject: Changing Shield values   Changing Shield values Empty2013-06-10, 17:19

*This is not intended to be a broken mechanic that needs to be fixed. It's just a little idea open for discussion.

Currently
Crit \10/
Stand\10/
Heal \10/
Draw\5/

Suggestion
Stand\10/
Crit\10/ *Actually thinking about making it 7500, but that's just stupid.
Heal\5/
Draw\10/

My Points:

HEAL
Ergodiel needs a Counterblast of 2 and a Persona. CB2 is usually a +1, but since the counterblasted card is usually the one healed its more of a condition CB1. The persona is on average a +2 relative, so it seems that 1 healed card is worth about 2.

Given a martirx tree for guarding a 2/2/2, and extending card advantage for opponent trigger checks the cards saved per damage is roughly 2 (or maybe 1.5 if I'm doing it wrong, because Alice said 1D=1.5C). So healing will allow you to 'save' 2 cards. Crits can deal 2 damage so it gets a +2 in cards saved, but in damage you still get a 55% chance of counter triggering and 'reduce' the advantage to.

Since a Heal is +2 and not a +1, I think [HEAL] should be go from \10/ to \5/

DRAW
The card you draw can either:
> Become \5/ guard material, therefore making you gain no advantage (All other triggers are \10/ with an additional effect, so if the card drawn was also used for shield then you got 10k without any additional effect)
> Called to R. If you had no unit previously you'll force the opponent to guard with 1 more stage. however, your draw is one stage less then a normal trigger.

Since a Draw is +0 and not a +1, I think [DRAW] should go from \5/ to \10/

CRIT
> Well, since damage is worth about 1.5 cards, then a crit would have a higher output.

STAND
> Useless with burger bliss
> Only useful in specific decks in (whatever you call a non-burger area, darn my lack of imagination)

Implications
> A 12C/4H deck is know SLIGHTLY lower in terms of guard.
> Draws will see some light.
> Idiots will think Heals are bad and remove them
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Changing Shield values   Changing Shield values Empty2013-06-10, 17:42

i would kind of agree with the heal shielding

but i think the reason that draw triggers have 5k sheild is becuase of the draw power. Drawing allows you not only to increase yuor hand, but also your shielding. Say you could have drive trigger checked stand trigger or so. Minus the stand ability and +5k, it is 10K shield for use later. Now if that trigger is a draw trigger, it is only 5k sheilding. The draw ability tries to make up for the -5k sheild the trigger has, becuase most probably you would have drawn a grade 1 or 2, which auto adds +5k shielding for making up for the other triggers you could have gotten, not to mention add cards you might need. IF you draw a trigger with the draw's effect, then really the draw is 5k extra sheilding, and a bonus (of course thats a -1 trigger count in the deck). I think draw triggers should stay where they are...
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Changing Shield values   Changing Shield values Empty2013-06-10, 23:58

That's why Heal is limited to 4 in a deck.
besides, why would bushiroad change any of the shield value. ppl will not buy them and use the old card with better shield instead.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Changing Shield values   Changing Shield values Empty2013-06-11, 04:38

Leonheart wrote:
That's why Heal is limited to 4 in a deck.
besides, why would bushiroad change any of the shield value. ppl will not buy them and use the old card with better shield instead.
in the same way some retards in my shop insist they can have more perfect guards in their deck because their old ones don't have "sentinel"
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: Changing Shield values   Changing Shield values Empty2013-06-11, 08:58

Suddenly draws are broken as fuck.
Back to top Go down
The Pirate Guy

The Pirate Guy

PostSubject: Re: Changing Shield values   Changing Shield values Empty2013-06-11, 09:38

LittleFighterFox wrote:

Crit\10/ *Actually thinking about making it 7500, but that's just stupid.

And suddenly, my 12 crit Granblue build is the most powerful defensive deck in existence, what with 90,000 shield value in crits alone.

Yeah. The shield values are fine as is. If any numerical value were to ever need to be changed, it'd be the disgustingly high numbers that all of this break ride shit about to come out is going to hit for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing Shield values   Changing Shield values Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing Shield values
Page 1 of 1