Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Karma Mod

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Karma Mod Empty
PostSubject: Karma Mod   Karma Mod Empty2013-01-08, 12:50

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

This Mod was actually intended to be used as a Post Reference Mod. However I feel it can also be used as a Trade Reference. There will be a this thing underneath a Members Avatar that has a +/- with a number beside it (I think it's green when positive, red when negative).

It would be easy enough to change the "Karma" text to simply "Trader Reference".

I'd probably suggest keeping it to an Admin Approval only so that only Admin can post a Reference to a users Trader after they've been given one by a member in the main thread in the Traders forum. In the comments section of the Karma Mod, the Admin would post the +1 or -1 Reference while linking the post by the member who gave the ref.

I feel this could do well to be implemented rather sooner than later because as the site grows, that trade index will become a bitch to crawl through to find a few references before a trade.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Karma Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma Mod   Karma Mod Empty2013-01-08, 13:49

As far as I know, this may not be possible in forumotion. I'm looking into being able to either mod or just move elsewhere. Unfortunately, moving means we can't move over all the member accounts and posts which is STUPID. So as bad as the backend is, I'd rather try to find a way to mod it.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Karma Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma Mod   Karma Mod Empty2013-01-08, 13:57

I was under the assumption that since this is a phpbb board, that you should be able to edit any phpbb mods into it easily enough.

Well, it is just a suggestion anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Karma Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma Mod   Karma Mod Empty2013-01-08, 16:09

You can if you buy PHPBB source and host your own forum.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Karma Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma Mod   Karma Mod Empty2013-01-08, 16:39

Alice wrote:
You can if you buy PHPBB source and host your own forum.

Huh?

PHPBB is Open Source and Free. I was running an Irish Vanguard forum that never came to Fruition but still managed to install Karma Mod there.

So it's just forumotion being an awkward server not allowing you to access the database?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Karma Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma Mod   Karma Mod Empty2013-01-08, 19:43

Huh, odd. I could swear that was the paid one. Perhaps I'm thinking of some other bulletin board.

It does not allow you to access the source or database so far as I can tell. I'll do more research on this later.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Karma Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma Mod   Karma Mod Empty2013-01-08, 21:40

VBulletin is generally viewed as the Best Paid Software, PHPBB as the best Free Software.

You should be able to go to your account on the forumotion site and access the forums database from there.

I've done this before so I could help provided you do two things 1) Give me some access (passwords and things) and 2) Make a backup of the forum (or at least the important posts) if I fuck it up.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Karma Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma Mod   Karma Mod Empty2013-01-08, 22:42

Alright, good to know.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Karma Mod Empty