Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)

Go down 
+3
Edalborez
Alice
Best_Sociopath
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Best_Sociopath

Best_Sociopath

Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty
PostSubject: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:04

I'm planning to build DI's in the near future, and I wanted to know how this will function...

Grade 0's = 17
1x Rock the Wall Vermillion Gatekeeper
4x Dark Knight of Nightmareland (Critical)
4x Cursed Doctor (Heal)
4x Hysteric Shirley (Draw)
2x Mad Hatter of Nightmareland (Draw)
4x Blitz Ritter (Critical)

Grade 1's = 14
4x Prisoner Beast
3x Demon Bike of the Witching Hour Alluring Succubus
3x Doreen the Thruster
4x March Rabbit of Nightmareland

Grade 2's = 11
4x Werwolf Sieger
4x Hades Carriage of the Witching Hour Dark Soul Conductor
3x Imprisoned Fallen Angel, Saraqael

Grade 3's = 8
4x No Life King, Death Anchor
2x Dark Lord of Abyss
2x Stil Vampir

Last edited by Best_Sociopath on 2013-02-24, 18:47; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:10

What...is this deck trying to do?
Back to top Go down
Best_Sociopath

Best_Sociopath

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:17

Yeah, I'm planning to build it, and I want to know what everyone's opinion on this...
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:22

1) Need 4 perfect guards instead of 3.
2) Rock the Wall does literally nothing as a starting VG. Use Vermillion Gatekeeper or Greedy Hand.
3) You have no way to soulcharge before G3 except effects on your triggers. X of the Witching Hour is therefore vanilla or worse most of the time. Devil Child also does nothing as a booster in this case.
4) Saraqael kills your soul, which the aforementioned units need. There's a reason she isn't used much in DI.

To be frank, your deck is vanilla DI. Having a cost on an ability doesn't mean you have to use it right now, if ever. Start with the blog. There is a reason all of those decks are there and constructed the way they are.
Back to top Go down
Best_Sociopath

Best_Sociopath

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:25

The reason why I ran with Rock the Wall is that it's a controllable +1 soul with no counterblast, rather than Vermillion Gatekeeper which is +1 controllable soul charge; and +1 uncontrollable soul charge , and as for Greedy Hand, I wanted to save Counterblasts for Stil Vampir and No Life King, Death Anchor.

Last edited by Best_Sociopath on 2013-02-24, 13:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:26

It's like Edalborez is a clone of me.

This is kinda freaky.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:29

Rock the Wall's effect only applies when you guard with it (which you can't do as a starter). Vermillion is better in every way possible if you do not want a retreating Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
Best_Sociopath

Best_Sociopath

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:30

I know that Rock the Walls effect only applies to when it moves into (G); however I don't want a retreatable Vanguard and want a controllable Soul Charge.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:32

Wait, do you consider riding over as a soulcharge?
Back to top Go down
Best_Sociopath

Best_Sociopath

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:32

^Yes
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:33

Weird.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:35

Ride over Vermillion: 2 cards in soul.
Ride over Rock: 1 card in soul.

You don't care about what goes in there when your deck needs things to go in there to function.

Still Anchor deck list. Give it a read. This is what you're trying to do but in a way where half the deck doesn't trip over itself. Witching Hour stuff really only works reliably in Reijy because of his on-ride skill. Unreliable everywhere else where you can just use Amon and/or Doreen.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 13:53

Why not greedy hand?
Back to top Go down
pantheron

pantheron

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 15:00

Why is Amon in there at all? Your soul is going to be so consistently small that he's basically a 10k vanguard who can eat things. Hell I run a build that's completely BUILT AROUND making the soul gigantic and there are still times where I can't get it to nearly the size i'd like. I'd Replace him with , 2x No Rife King, and 2x Stil Vampir at the very least to make this deck more focused.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 16:14

There isn't much of a Soul Charging element (other than some of the triggers). It may behoove you to rethink your strategy a little bit and try to add some more units to add cards to the Soul. Maybe replace Saraqael with Decadent Succubus. That would (in theory) protect your Soul and help to expand it as well.

Last edited by Omnigeek on 2013-02-24, 16:20; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Not Blue Dust.)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty2013-02-24, 19:31

OP, the only time you run Vermillion Gatekeeper is if you can't pay counterblast for Greedy Hand. Do what Edalborez said and check my Stil Anchor deck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)   Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...) Empty

Back to top Go down

Counterblast-less DI's (Until Grade 3...)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: Decklists-
Jump to: