Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to start as a "pauper"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

How to start as a "pauper"? Empty
PostSubject: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 09:28

hi there, it's been a week since i've indulge myself in vanguard... it all started when i found a random binder here in the house (prolly my bro's) that has a few cards in it.. i took it.. and here i am right now...
i really wanna start playing cardfight, but as of now i'm on a very, very strict budget and cannot afford buying in bulks... i'm still in college(not the typical western tradition, so i have no job, and still have to rely on allowance, consider it like im a high school student)i might get a job this april or may, til then i cannot mostly likely indulge with the cards i want... not to mention my favorite card right now has no specific value or cannot be a deck of his own (robert)...
but onto the real issue... shall i be able to build a deck..how should i start?, what units to buy first?... when to save for the rares? should i save up for perfect guards first before buying some commons? how should i start as a "pauper"?

Thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 09:43

Start off with a Trial deck (Kagero or Nova Grappler are the best ones in terms of useful:shit ratio). Try to get the hang of that before you decide to get started on any other clan.

If it turns out you want to improve on your first deck, you need to start investing in Perfect Guards before you buy anything else, since all other cards can be gotten round by running cheaper but weaker substitutes, like running Bors instead of Palamedes in Royal Paladin.

Specific advice (Robert): Okay, that's certainly not one of the cheaper decks to start with. There is no Pale Moon Trial deck so you'll have to do a lot of hunting. It's also difficult since Robert goes into almost any Pale Moon deck that isn't Sword Magician Sarah; Alice only has one dedicated Robert build on her blog.

But as always, start investing in PG's first. Individual triggers should be gotten seperately, so you don't have to buy tons of packs for specific commons. Alternatively you could do that and just sell or trade off the rares you don't want.

For Pale Moon start on sets 3 and 7 to get support. Really it all comes down to getting PGs first (Set 3) before getting others. The most pricy cards will be Robert, Nightmare Doll Alice, Hades Hynotist, and whatever Grade 3s will act as a backbone such as Sarah and Luquier.
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 09:50

if that so... i might go nova grappler or dimension police... and might start with nova grappler trial deck...
checking the wiki, nova grappler has a ton of cards.. 0_0
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 09:55

btw (im well aware that playing CFV in the long run will be expensive) what clans are less expensive in the long run of playing CFV... i'll name out clans that has my interest rank them or just give comments if its ok...

nova grappler
dimension police
dark irregular
pale moon
angel feather
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 10:10

NG - Cheapest build as far as I know is Gold Rutile spam. Just get some more Rutile, PGs, and Magician Girl Kirara and you'll be set.

DP - Enigman Rain's a good starting point, since the only cards that are RR and above are Diamond Ace and Miracle Beauty. The others are commons and R.

DI - Not really the cheapest deck to make, but I'd probably say Bladewing Reijy is cheapest, but even then he'll need a backup plan in the form of a Promo or some other rare Grade 3. Save this clan for when you have more money to spare.

Pale Moon - See advice regarding DI.

Angel Feather - Shamshiel swap's cheapest but even then its price is still in the hundreds. PGs and other staples are cheaper here than other clans though so you can always take advantage of that.
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 10:17

how about oracle think tank and neo nectar?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 10:20

OTT - Yeeeeeeeeeeah no. OTT is expensive as hell. Cheapest build is Sakuya bounce but even then you need backups like Amaterasu and quite a few of its best cards are RR and RRR. Seriously. Prices start at around 200s.

Neo Nectar - Gene build's cheap but right now it's pretty much the only build. Something like Tachikaze is a better investment since only Archbird and Gigarex are the expensive cards, if you want a clan with only one build until Set 8 comes in 3 months.
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 10:28

thanks for that... hmm so i'll buy a nova grappler trial deck... choose a clan (NG,DP,AF) ...save up... buy 4 perfect guards...save up... start building deck... casuals...tourneys... sounds like a plan?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-06, 21:47

Did you just say Robert can't be a deck of his own? I'd like to differ. Look at my Pale Moon article and there's a deck using Robert as the Vanguard and Alice as the rear-guard.

Also I made an article all about budget vanguard:
http://vmundi.blogspot.com/2013/01/vanguard-on-budget.html
Back to top Go down
NightmareDraw

NightmareDraw

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-07, 10:57

apparently there's a clan of an interest i missed... any thoughts on murakumo?
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-07, 12:13

Murakumo seems like a good clan to invest in. Perfect guards and Mandala Lords are around 10$ each. Following Alice's mono Murakumo deck, the build should be less than 100$. The other Murakumo build that incorporates Nubatama should be around 40~50$s.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-08, 01:04

Traesive wrote:
Murakumo seems like a good clan to invest in. Perfect guards and Mandala Lords are around 10$ each. Following Alice's mono Murakumo deck, the build should be less than 100$. The other Murakumo build that incorporates Nubatama should be around 40~50$s.
No not really. After BT09, Murakumo might return a little on investment (not much due to low popularity) but that's not really why he wants to play. Until BT09, Murakumo is just absolutely terrible and unplayable.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty2013-03-08, 01:11

Well if all else fails in terms of money, take a right around the corner over there for the Custom Tournament.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to start as a "pauper"?   How to start as a "pauper"? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to start as a "pauper"?
Page 1 of 1