Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what do you all think about my spectral duke

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
specrtalduke9387

specrtalduke9387

what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty
PostSubject: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 01:16

so what do you all think of my gp's spectral duke

grade 0's
1x black dragon whelp, vortimer
4x elixer sommoner
4x fortune bell
4x scilent punisher
4x flame of victory

grade 1's
4x scout of darkness, vortimer
4x halo shield, mark
4x knight of elegant skills, gareth
2x little battler. tron

grade 2's
4x black dragon knight, vortimer
3x knight of superior skills, beaumains
2x player of the holy bow, viviane
2x mage of calamity, tripp

grade 3's
4x spectral duke dragon
2x gigantech destroyer
2x great silverwolf, garmore (might get switched for ezel)

this deck got me my regional qualifier sat i want to know everyones input
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 01:23

How are the stands doing for you?
I always felt like draws worked well for this deck so I haven't tested much with stands.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 01:34

Stands are a weird choice.

Grade 3 selection is erratic. Just stick with 4 Duke and 4 Gigantech. You only have so much counterblast and everyone there is just a vanilla 10k on RG except Gigantech.

Edit: Eh, actually not that sure about the G3s. My concern with Garmore is that he isn't calling anything of particular importance and at only 2 copies. Seems more practical to just let the CB go to Duke or whatever else is convenient.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 04:20

Looks like Generic Spectral Duke with non-optimal triggers and grade 3s.
Back to top Go down
specrtalduke9387

specrtalduke9387

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 12:21

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
How are the stands doing for you?
I always felt like draws worked well for this deck so I haven't tested much with stands.

stands allow me to guard more efficiently and the ability to stand a rearguard unit while twin driving with spectral duke you nine times outta ten stand the rear guard behind duke.
Back to top Go down
specrtalduke9387

specrtalduke9387

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 12:24

thanks for the advice you-guys i've got a lot of testing between now and the next regional season to get this done right. when it's coming to garmore i run him as a secondary ride jic i don't run into duke. better to have a potential 25k beater in the vg circle than nothing at all lol. but i understand what you guys are tellin me and i appreciate the comment alice
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 12:39

Sorry I couldn't offer much help. Duke is a really vanilla build, so there's not much to say.
Back to top Go down
specrtalduke9387

specrtalduke9387

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 13:07

what exactly is a vanilla build?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-11, 13:35

Just goes for power. Like 10k vanillas, 8k vanillas, 12 power hitters, etc. "Lacking in gimmicks". Duke's ride chain only goes off in 1/3 of games which doesn't make it a viable candidate as a main gambit. Therefore, Duke is an entirely late game deck since you have to rely on limit break skill. The rest of the deck is simply vanilla. There's not really much else you can do with it in Gold Paladins that isn't worse than vanilla on average (AHEM RANDOMCALLING AHEM).
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-17, 00:56

it seems like you're using spectral duke to do all the heavy lifting if you ask me witch in a gold paladin build are n't the rear guards just as important as the vanguard (minus crossride's witch i hate with a passion)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-17, 13:36

Depends. Duke decks don't really have a way for rears to do much lifting.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty2013-03-18, 19:03

i know that now running my own build. it's a whole lot different than this though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you all think about my spectral duke   what do you all think about my spectral duke Empty

Back to top Go down

what do you all think about my spectral duke
Page 1 of 1