Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

anti-meta

Go down 
+3
junri
WingZero
phoenix_yamato
7 posters
AuthorMessage
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 13:42

hello eveyone,

it's your friendly neightborhood bird here for some ideas that have been brewing in my head to deal with the current meta.

for bushiroad
ok the first and formost thing i think that needs to be done s after the team challenge take all the data recieved from that challenge and the stand-up challenge then create the u.s. ban list. second is that they finish gettng us caught up on the sets, then begin with season three sets. third. give us a fair and very well balanced tournament structure. where the judges actually know the game and how the mechanics work in the game. (i'm sorry but most of the populaton of cardfighters don't like it when your lack of judgment on judges makes us pay when we know n fact according to the floor rules we are correct and we have to give up time when we should be playing to win to deal with such trivial things.

for us in the current format.

right now according to a thread i read on pojo:
Edit: No pojo pls

there are mostly going to be as we suspected "Dragonic Overlord, The End and mlb's" all over the place. so when preparing for regionals take note that's what you'll have to deal with 9/10 times (i can't do math that well so if i'm exagetating please help me with that) so if we plan on playing n this current format our best bet is to make good collums very quickly and use the mechanics of our fractions to there maximum, but not only aggression is going to save you in the rq. a good deffence is going to work wonders as well. so pay attention to what's going on on every front. that means hand size on both players, the current field presence, how much pressure is being applied on both sides and how to over power that pressure to your advantage. also improving your chances on the draw or drive checks are gonna be key. making sure your trigger line ups are good and your grade ratio is balanced according to your play style is gonna be what makes or breaks your deck. the best ratio that most players use are 17:15:10:8 basically:

17 grade 0's (be sure that one of them is your starting v/g)
15 grade 1's
10 grade 2's
8 grade 3's

the reason this ratio is so sucessfull is because it can easily give you that 1,2,3 you need in your hand so you don't have to worry about re drawing as much unless you get triggers.

i hope you enjoy this thread and please check the link to see what the ratios are gonna be. because that's not my strong suit lol.

Last edited by Alice on 2013-03-26, 15:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit)
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 14:25

Okay so for starters, I do believe that 15-10-8 is bullshit but I'm not going to get into that. I've had huge success running Sarah Tamers against crossrides and such recently because while they may have ridiculous effects, generally I end up dealing with 18-19k columns which arent too bad for guarding.

I clan like Pale Moon works well against Crossrides because of the Tamers. Turqouise boosting for 9k against any of your 10ks or higher = Win.

However I do struggle more against MLB because generally I end up facing a 12k MLB boosted by a 8k Marron. Aka a 20k Vanguard column Critical 2. Sarah is a 10k Vanguard. Yeah, guarding for 15k gets me one pass. For this reason Im considering running Mistress Hurricane. I've been experimenting with her and Robert, its going alright, still needs work.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 14:49

WingZero wrote:
Okay so for starters, I do believe that 15-10-8 is bullshit but I'm not going to get into that. I've had huge success running Sarah Tamers against crossrides and such recently because while they may have ridiculous effects, generally I end up dealing with 18-19k columns which arent too bad for guarding.

I clan like Pale Moon works well against Crossrides because of the Tamers. Turqouise boosting for 9k against any of your 10ks or higher = Win.

However I do struggle more against MLB because generally I end up facing a 12k MLB boosted by a 8k Marron. Aka a 20k Vanguard column Critical 2. Sarah is a 10k Vanguard. Yeah, guarding for 15k gets me one pass. For this reason Im considering running Mistress Hurricane. I've been experimenting with her and Robert, its going alright, still needs work.

i like the palemoons chances at the regional qualifier because they've proven them-selves time and again to be unpredictable and win most of there matches with either sarah or liquor. mlb is alla bout that one huge attack and trying to finish you off the next turn. (mlb puts dark & blade into the soul shnnanigans is the big attack) so as far as i know as long as you can deal with that attack you should be fine. even though he becomes 30k when attacking as long as you either perfect guard or 45k guard you should be fine. as far as 15-10-8 being bs it works when it comes to the consistency of getting the 1,2,3. i've been using that ratio for the longest time and i consistently get the 1,2,3. i need in shadow paladin. if i don't then 7/10 of the times get pbd and javelin and still don't miss my ride chain. because of the way built the deck. but if 15-10-8 dosn't work that well then what would be a better ratio?
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 15:13

You should read the deck-building article on the blog.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 15:16

junri wrote:
You should read the deck-building article on the blog.

i have, t's just that the 15-10-8 works for me. it's not a matter of emotional compramise it's a matter of personal choice as far as i'm concerned. it just works for me better than most that i have used
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 15:35

13-11-9: 82.8%
14-11-8: 81.5%
15-10-8: 80.5%

Calculated chances to ride to grade 3 unassisted. 1-2% worse. Not an enormous difference but at the same time not something that should be advised for every deck. Can make a case for this if you need the G1 space (Dark Irregulars does this, off the top of my head).

"X works for me/you/anyone" is a cop-out argument. As are emotional/personal choice.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 15:42

i understand what you guy's are saying. and i know the numbers. but that 80.5% works better for me thand the higher precentages. don't ask me how i have no clue. logically i should be doin better with 82.8% but 15-10-8 just dose more for me.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 15:49

15-10-8: This has an 80% chance of success which is 3% below normal. This is legit. 14-11-8 which is common is 2% below normal. 1/100 games doesn't mean shit. But don't ever let me catch you saying "it works for me" again. That's a bullshit cop-out of having to back up your claims (which I did for you). Nothing about any of us sacks of meat and bones makes us more special than any other in an area of objectivity like probability. Probability is completely independent of your brain and your experiences and remains unbiased forever. It's the same 80.5% for every human being on this earth.

Pojo links: NOPE. Don't do this. Partly my fault for not wordfiltering it, but we're not a board that wants to be associated with that site. There's too much drama there and we prefer keeping our minds on the game instead of drama and board culture.

Your suggestions to bushiroad: Banning whatever tops just bans what's popular, NOT what is necessarily strongest. For example, if Ji Endo players suck and there are few of them, you'll expect to see few Ji Endo tops regardless of the deck being a freight train of death. This is why Alfred and Tsukuyomi got hit despite NOT being broken decks in Japan. That's a terrible system for banning that punishes players just for being too popular, and thus ruins expensive decks and makes collector value go down overall. No one wins from this. Instead, bans/restrictions should be done on a card-by-card basis with an intellectually honest panel of quality control that doesn't let shit like 13k uncosted bodies through the door.

They cannot "catch up" the sets. There's a reason for this. They're working as hard as they can just to maintain the current equilibrium pace of ~6months gap. This means, in order to catch up, they'd need to hire more workers (significantly increasing the price of production, which they obviously don't have the means to do, thus passing the cost to the customers) or reduce production quality on cards, thus letting more broken/useless dogshit pass quality control for expediency. Along with a smaller pool of cheaper artists for less great/diverse artwork. Either case, the customers suffer greatly just for a slightly faster product. Then, you get to the time delays: You can't just snap your fingers with a bigger workforce and make it caught up. You might be able to catch up one week at a time, so at a ratio of 1 month per month, it would take 6 months to catch up the 6 month gap. Basically if they start Apr 1st, it would take until October 1st to be "caught up". That would require double the workforce. One team to make new stuff, and one team to make the translations. Except English and Japanese are two DIFFERENT teams, so both teams actually have to double. Horrific. Once you get caught up, what then? You just end up having to keep that second team on permanently so you can get translations out the door faster. Maybe your lag time is only 3 weeks now (translations and marketing) but everyone suffers either in quality, work hours, payment or all of the above. And both sides suffer.

It's a terrible idea and everyone I've seen adamantly suggesting this has no idea how either studio production cycles work, nor the logistics of such an undertaking. The Queen of Hearts said it best:
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

Agreed on tournament. I wrote about that. And cert your judges. This is why the VMundi Circuit is being created.

Also
>23 The End tops
>14 MLB tops

>rest of the tops COMBINED barely competes with them
WAT WAT WAT goddamn the power finally caught up. Looks like people got on the ball getting the best decks.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 18:22

Yeah, I went to a tournament one week after release and 40% of the decks were complete MLB, Dragonic Overlord, The End or PBO. The rest were the regular shiz.

Also I love that quote from The Queen of Hearts.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 19:03

Lewis Carroll was actually talking about new math at his university through the entire Looking Glass series. The Queen of Hearts was I think referring to the paradox of Zeno of Eleas before Calculus solved it.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 23:30

look i'm not highly educated. but you don't have to fuckin call me out like that no wonder spectralduke and dehart68 didn't like yaw
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-26, 23:43

phoenix_yamato wrote:
look i'm not highly educated. but you don't have to fuckin call me out like that no wonder spectralduke and dehart68 didn't like yaw

Don't post if you can't take criticism well. Do you see an insult or slander anywhere in Alice's post? She can be incredibly cruel at times, this isn't one of them.

You have to understand that these arguments (catching up product, banning popularity, every game needs power creep and so on and so forth) come in here too often only to be refuted time and time again. V-Mundi does get tired of repeating itself.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-27, 10:43

Call you out? Wow, none of this is personal. If you say stuff, don't expect people to just sit back and let it go unanswered. And I thought you were trying to read the About page. You gotta chill.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-27, 22:47

phoenix_yamato wrote:

Uh...... nobody called you out they were just responding to your topic. The topic you posted? Did you just want us to look at it and say nothing?
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-28, 15:35

ok sorry had a horrible day when i posted that
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty2013-03-28, 15:39

phoenix_yamato wrote:
ok sorry had a horrible day when i posted that

You should relax then instead of coming here for serious discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anti-meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-meta   anti-meta Empty

Back to top Go down

anti-meta
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: