Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Sacking" and other CF:V Terms

Go down 
+16
Chestnut_Rice
VesperGhoul
WingZero
Trinam
Omnigeek
ScarletWeather
Traesive
Another Leather Lung
Vendetta98
The Pirate Guy
HugeMcLargeTall
meeb
Epideme
Alice
3XXXDDD
CyprusWHM
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

"Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty
PostSubject: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-12, 11:55

Hello everyone,

Is there a glossary out there for CF:V terms? I keep seeing the phrase "sacking" thrown around amongst others and I'm not quite sure what it means.

Since I'm a newb and this is super basic info I figured this is the right place.

Thanks!

Last edited by CyprusWHM on 2012-11-13, 10:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-12, 12:31

CyprusWHM wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there a glossary out there for CF:V terms? I keep seeing the phrase "sacking" thrown around amongst others and I'm not quite sure what it means.

Since I'm a newb and this is super basic info I figured this is the right place.

Thanks!

Sacking isn't a CFV term. It's basically the insult butt-hurt players throw around when they lose due to impact bias of a winning trigger.

Well really, sacking is just term for players that get the lower odds of chance above average. (e.g Like double checking triggers on each Twin Drive) and basically winning via what many people wrongly call "luck".
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-12, 12:37

Ahh, got'cha. Thanks for the explanation!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-12, 23:04

Sacking is a general gaming term that was adapted from the meaning of "sack": to end abruptly or unexpectedly; terminate. Players use this term to describe games that have an overwhelmingly "unfair" advantage on one side that causes the game to end abruptly, usually with their loss. Nowadays it pretty much means any time someone beats you using a chance element in the game, however small. I use it ironically to discourage people from being whiny babies about it.

When any of this happens, it should just be called chance (measurable scientific randomness). Though people love to throw around improper terms like sack (ending abruptly) or luck (supernatural force shaping your life).
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-13, 00:13

Double crits at 3 damage. Really gets people salty, myself included.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-13, 02:22

Yeah because that's just one of those things. At 3 damage how can you realistically be expected to contend for that?
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-13, 12:52

Epideme wrote:
Double crits at 3 damage. Really gets people salty, myself included.

But I thought getting double crits proves how strong I've gotten as a Vanguard fighter?! You mean the anime is lying to me?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-13, 13:15

hahahah
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-13, 14:06

Alice wrote:
hahahah

U THINK THIS IS JOKE?

No. I'm tired of you sitting in your ivory tower with your "math" and huge ego. You think double criticals isn't a skill based task just because of the math? Well the math says one thing, but math can be wrong. You can will your triggers into existence. I used a double twisted T-tailed test and did 5 trials. I wished really hard for a trigger once, and got it. This happened at least once per game.

Don't believe me? Well sorry, but I don't need to provide evidence. More like... evidon't.

Or rather, it is evident(ce) that you can will your triggers into existence.
Back to top Go down
HugeMcLargeTall

HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-13, 16:46

meeb wrote:
Alice wrote:
hahahah

U THINK THIS IS JOKE?

No. I'm tired of you sitting in your ivory tower with your "math" and huge ego. You think double criticals isn't a skill based task just because of the math? Well the math says one thing, but math can be wrong. You can will your triggers into existence. I used a double twisted T-tailed test and did 5 trials. I wished really hard for a trigger once, and got it. This happened at least once per game.

Don't believe me? Well sorry, but I don't need to provide evidence. More like... evidon't.

Or rather, it is evident(ce) that you can will your triggers into existence.

heh..
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-13, 23:23

Meeb your impression of OGTriggerz was a bit too good.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-13, 23:25

Alice wrote:
Meeb your impression of OGTriggerz was a bit too good.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
The Pirate Guy

The Pirate Guy

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-14, 00:40

While I have heard the term "sacking" used by those who get crapped on in their games, we also use it in a different context around here. We use it as a shortening of "Sacrificing." For example, "I will use Spectral Duke's effect, and sack these 3 units."
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-14, 00:44

The Pirate Guy wrote:
While I have heard the term "sacking" used by those who get crapped on in their games, we also use it in a different context around here. We use it as a shortening of "Sacrificing." For example, "I will use Spectral Duke's effect, and sack these 3 units."
Yeah but that's "sac" which sounds the same but it spelled differently
Back to top Go down
Vendetta98

Vendetta98

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-17, 13:12

Well if I wished rly hard could I get a Dark Rex faster than everyone else.......?
Back to top Go down
Another Leather Lung

Another Leather Lung

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-17, 19:56

I just hate when you get "sacked", and the person who did it to you wins and makes a really big deal out of it. Like they just accomplished an awesome feat. Things like "Now that's how my deck is supposed to work.". THAT makes me want to beat them with a corner of my deckbox.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-17, 20:08

Another Leather Lung wrote:
I just hate when you get "sacked", and the person who did it to you wins and makes a really big deal out of it. Like they just accomplished an awesome feat. Things like "Now that's how my deck is supposed to work.". THAT makes me want to beat them with a corner of my deckbox.

Must be a very sturdy deck box.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-17, 21:16

Or a very fragile person.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-11-17, 21:43

Another Leather Lung wrote:

"Aww yeah, my Spectral Duke ride chain went right into a 16k column with no triggers lost. Also I'm going to limit break and check 3 triggers in a row."
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-12-01, 03:41

Well, it is possible in a Tsukuyomi ride chain to have an Instant-Kill sack and see it coming, particularly during the Late Game. Granted, even then could be considered chance working well for you but it still required the forethought to make it work that way.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-12-01, 07:56

Omnigeek wrote:
Well, it is possible in a Tsukuyomi ride chain to have an Instant-Kill sack and see it coming, particularly during the Late Game. Granted, even then could be considered chance working well for you but it still required the forethought to make it work that way.

Not only that, it's a feature of the deck. You have to work hard and play it right to get that payoff, and it's really the only thing the deck can do.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-12-06, 00:00

Even with that being a feature of the deck, on the occasional hand your first five cards have no triggers, which I've found to mean 'haha good luck looping' for that game.

Probably the least fun setup you'll ever have with a Tsukuyomi deck is when you get no triggers at all in your first two superior ride checks and have to rely on your heightened chance to hit lots of triggers in the midgame.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-12-06, 00:25

I've done that. It actually worked out well.

Getting no triggers in the first 5 meant I just needed to push 5 more (I used CEO's Megablast, no problem, but there are other more reliable ways)
Getting no triggers in the first 10-15 cards was even better because now CEO could predict the future RIDICULOUSLY well.

First situation was worse but manageable. Second situation was preferable because it was a Surprise! Trigger! deck.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2012-12-20, 19:09

Crystal saying I was Sacking every time I beat her. Love the Salt <3
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty2013-01-16, 17:49

The first time I heard the term sacking caused a little confusion since I assumed that the other person meant that their opponent got up and sacked them in their nether region. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I found out that it meant something nowhere near as amusing.

On topic- Some terms that people use are "X to pass" which is how many triggers that you will need to pass their guard with your VG, and there is also "X 5's" which is how many shield stages you will need to block with for that attack. At least those are some of the ones my playgroups uses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms   "Sacking" and other CF:V Terms Empty

Back to top Go down

"Sacking" and other CF:V Terms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: