Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Excessive (?) Grade 0's

Go down 
+3
TehNACHO
Lockon Stratos
Smittons
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Smittons

Smittons

Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty
PostSubject: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 20:49

Here's an idea I've been tossing around while considering an Oracle Think Tank deck.
Given that a lot of OTT builds get a ton of card advantage, I don't imagine missing Rides is as big a likelihood as it may be for other decks, particularly in the Tsukuyomi Ride Chain.
So if you can worry less about missing rides, would you consider running more Grade 0's instead of the usual Grade 3's/2's to allow for higher shield stages? Again, I think this is particularly relevant to OTT due to their Early Game issues, but this is all in my head until I test it.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 20:56

No, mostly as OTT doesn't actually HAVE any Grade 0s that aren't starters or triggers. I AM right on that, correct? If there is a G0 OTT unit that doesn't fall into the above, please inform me.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 20:59

It really isn't necessary because said draw power tends to give OTT more cards to work with, more cards to guard with, and a higher overall amount of shield already.
Back to top Go down
noobsuser

noobsuser

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:01

Ask yourself these question:
Which type of G0 OTT are you going to put in your deck?
What can you do with your g0 aside from guarding?
If you are going to put G3 searcher, is it going to waste too much on counter blast?
Back to top Go down
Smittons

Smittons

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:03

Lockon Stratos wrote:
No, mostly as OTT doesn't actually HAVE any Grade 0s that aren't starters or triggers. I AM right on that, correct? If there is a G0 OTT unit that doesn't fall into the above, please inform me.
I believe you may well be right, but a starting vanguard has 10,000 shield, same as most grade 0's, so if I wanted to run extra for the express purpose of having more 10,000 shields, then that would work fine. Wanting a whole deck of Grade 0's is a bit excessive, I should think. With just one Grade 0 extra at 4 copies, you're already hitting 20 Grade 0's, although your starter may not play into the whole guarding idea.

TehNACHO wrote:
It really isn't necessary because said draw power tends to give OTT more cards to work with, more cards to guard with, and a higher overall amount of shield already.
Fair enough.
What about a different clan? If it was a decent ride chain in particular, it may have a decent chance of not misriding too. Any more applicable, you think?
Back to top Go down
noobsuser

noobsuser

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:09

You play Jap?
There is new ott which is able to add 3k to other rear guard by putting itself into soul with counter blast
Back to top Go down
Smittons

Smittons

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:11

I hadn't heard of that.
Really, everything's up in the air for me right now, being pretty new. Just tossing ideas around.
Back to top Go down
noobsuser

noobsuser

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:17

Oh, i see.
Your G0 about 18 or 19, might not hurt the deck very badly
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:24

But OTT's thing is about drawing a fuck-load of cards so they already have defence in that and they aren't the strongest on the offensive either.

If you really wanted more shield though, I'd run Battle Sister Vanilla before running any more Grade 0.
Back to top Go down
Smittons

Smittons

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:31

Mm, I'm getting that impression from you guys. Would this be more viable with a different clan, do you think?
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:38

Reeeaaally depends on the deck(not clan, a Duke deck is far different from a Garmore deck), as with Oracles many of them have their own strongpoints that would greatly mitigate the want for more guard by just being so good at preserving/generating advantage already.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:43

Drawing enough for the purpose of guarding it doesn't matter too much what kind of shield it is (thought it's nice to have a PG).

Having a big hand of 5k shields to me is more preferable to a hand of a few 10k ones, and Bermuda and OTT are pretty good at loading up on 5k shields, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-13, 21:44

Granblue. Chappie the Ghost. Need I say more?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty2012-12-14, 03:06

OP one crucial detail: More Grade 0s means a less reliable ride. Instead, run Battle Sister Vanilla and Security Guardian for 8 more 10ks :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excessive (?) Grade 0's   Excessive (?) Grade 0's Empty

Back to top Go down

Excessive (?) Grade 0's
Page 1 of 1