Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Criticals Vs Draws

Go down 
+13
Char Aznable
chromereaper
The King of Hearts
Alice
Omnigeek
DragonāˆžBlade
Featherine
Traesive
Donkay
WingZero
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
VesperGhoul
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WingZero

WingZero

criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-13, 22:47

Draws are a neutral trigger which effect goes off during both drive and damage checks.

Critical triggers are an offensive trigger which allows the user to potentially do +1 damage in a game where the object is to do 6 total damage.

Verdict - Run crits unless hand advantage is a necessary thing. Considering most decks have alternate routes of gaining cards in hand, they become even less necessary.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-15, 13:21

Especially considering Draws have 1/3 chances to go off of all checks and net some legitimate return. Heals have a 3/3 and Stands and Crits have a 2/3. Draws are the only trigger type that have less than 2/3 checks as a strictly positive gain (as stated, avg shield ends up the same but you don't end up with another effect).
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-15, 14:38

Wait. Why does what you just said confuse me...?

Oh wait, I think I see what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 02:22

WingZero wrote:
Wait. Why does what you just said confuse me...?

Oh wait, I think I see what you're saying.
You should be taking about 1 damage per turn on average. So that's Drive, Drive, Damage chances for each full round approximately.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 02:38

Well, one to two if you factor in the critical triggers.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 04:54

Read: on average
Back to top Go down
Best_Sociopath

Best_Sociopath

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-19, 21:23

In my opinion, I add both to the deck, sometimes it's 8 Crits Vs 4 Draws, 8 Draws VS 4 Crits, or 6 Crits VS 6 Draws; with the obvious removal of Stands. As I want to keep the Crits in order to add pressure to my opponent, and Draws to intimidate with hand size, and as for Stands, I find them not to be useful in most clans that I enjoy playing, except for Dimension Police and such. but the reason why I remove the Stands is because of the possiblity of my opponent damage checking a trigger, thus screwing up the chance of attacking again if they are at a certain amount of power.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 04:51

You do realize units can attack rearguards, right?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-02-20, 06:18

Nacho if you attack a vanguard for 2 stages, they can -1 from hand, -2 from hand, -2 from hand and field, -2 from field. If you just attack a rear-guard, they -1 from field. Point being number of stages on an RG makes no difference because it's -1 until you hit stage 3, in which case it's almost always -1 unless they're bad.

I only run stands if my on-hits are worth more than crits, or my deck is significantly power-based enough that I both want the extra shield and want to mix up my strategy.
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-04-10, 14:33

Sorry to have to necro this old thread again, but I feel that this is more efficient than making a new thread about this.

So after reading some of Alices posts and articles about trigger line-ups. I just want to ask something about the 12 crit over 8/4 choice. While previously stated in this thread that a critical will on average get you as much shield as a crit without the offensive bonus effect. However I was just thinking whether or not it's okay to ignore the options provided by the presence of draws.

A draw trigger has the potential to new up to 15k in total shield (if the drawn card is a 10k), or 5k (if a grade 3) with an average of 10k. But I feel that what makes draws more appealing is the ability to make small blocks without loss of shield while still getting away with a free card off the craw.

Ex: You are being attacked by an opposing vanguard and you need 15k shield to block for 2-pass, Assuming 12 crit your hand is assured to be a combination of 10k shields and replacement rgs that can be used. This leads to you pitching 2 10k shields, OR 1 10k shield + a card that you can on your turn which you may or may not have depending on how much you need the cards in your hand.

The above situation with draws could allow for the above problem to be resolved while still getting away with an extra card if the draw was drive checked, and when a damage check happens it's no question which is the better choice. The only sub par time to have a draw trigger would be when drawn for the turn. Leading to it being effective 2/3 of the time, which is the same as the efficiency of a draw.

There is also the increase in cards drawn for strategies that need certain cards to be drawn. (ex MLB)

This is the logic I have been using when running draws, I just want to know if there is a flaw in my thinking.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty2013-04-10, 15:56

Just FYI, I hate fora with some dumb "no necroposting" rule. If a thread fucking exists with relevant discussion, its age shouldn't matter unless you're being a mongoloid and starting up an old fight.

Also I've actually already looked into that scenario long ago, but I fully encourage you to do your own math and work it out and post it here. Try to come to a conclusion about Draws given those scenarios. It's no good just seeing people bat around ideas all the time if no one follows through. That's how so many communities, especially in vanguard, just start arguing for no reason because no one went far enough to get definitive answers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criticals Vs Draws   criticals - Criticals Vs Draws - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Criticals Vs Draws
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2