Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regional Qualifier choices

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

Regional Qualifier choices Empty
PostSubject: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-03, 09:43

So my store owner informed me there is a regional qualifier at our store next month. So of course I am at an in-pass as to what i should pilot at it. My current choices are: Rutile unflip, BlauKluger(Alice's probably obvious choice :3) and Laurel/Storm. All of them I have had great success with and have kept me going with my continual undefeated streak at my store So yeah, I'm kinda stuck as to what i should pilot.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-03, 10:54

Laurel Storm is too reliant on field setup and therefore has inconsistencies
Rutile is abusable by 10ks

Go stern.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-03, 10:56

I figured as much, hopefully my lack of grappler p.guards wont hinder my deck too much. But thus far it hasn't.
Back to top Go down
TwinPsionic

TwinPsionic

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-04, 18:17

Sorry to jack your thread Rider. But I was also curious with his same question. My decks in progress are

reindeer bermuda
school or dominator great nature *if for the love of me I can finish it*
siefried spike brothers
Possibly MiracleRain
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-04, 18:29

Raindear. You don't have GN finished, Seifried is extremely difficult to use (and if you could use it, you'd have already chosen it hands down) and Miracle Rain requires lots of set up, though less than Storm.

Raindear is pretty hard to screw up and gives lots of advantage which helps clobber intermediate and lower level players.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-04, 18:30

No worries, I guess just sit and think what is the most consistent deck you have and how does it fair in my meta. Right now like I suspected Blau is the most dangerous and consistent. Mostly because I know how to play the pressure game in Vanguard really well now.(Thanks for that article Alice) I just hope my lack of perfect guards doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-04, 18:39

It will in the long run.
Back to top Go down
BlackManticore

BlackManticore

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-04, 19:30

Alice wrote:
It will in the long run.

^This. If you have 3/4 Perfects, you might live, but that one bugger of a G1 that comes in at the wrong time will still bite you. Just bear in mind that you're baiting Murphy's Law and plan accordingly. If you think you can play the pressure game well enough to make Perfects not matter as much, by all means give it a shot.

That said, I made a fun Raindear deck that did surprisingly well, despite my not intending to use it seriously. If you have any doubts about Blaukruger, heed Alice's advice. This is just my personal experience talking; yours might be different. If your experience says Blaukruger, go with that, especially if you think it can blast decks with Perfects before they become a problem. Use what you know best.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-04, 20:53

Having less than four is suicide in today's format and competitive suicide on average.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-05, 17:26

Well i'll be putting up a trade thread later tonight, see if someone can't spare this poor grappler some Space Sheriff Gavans.....I mean twin Blader.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty2013-02-07, 13:44

Huh? Oh no the raindeer is someone else's deck. I'm running Blau 12 crit deck. I just need to find some way to get Twin Bladers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regional Qualifier choices   Regional Qualifier choices Empty

Back to top Go down

Regional Qualifier choices
Page 1 of 1