Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I would like some opinions :D

Go down 
+3
Alice
VesperGhoul
devasilva
7 posters
AuthorMessage
devasilva

devasilva

I would like some opinions :D Empty
PostSubject: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-09, 19:02

So, I just got into Vanguard and I really like the idea and mechanic's or Granblue. However, is it worth investing my money into at this point? From what I've read, crossrides are generally considered to be very strong, despite their fallbacks. Can Granblue compete with these new cards? And will they even be receiving new support soon? Should I go with Granblue, or find another clan to invest in?
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-09, 19:30

Ihaving built granblue, as well as multiple other tribes I can say that it is a solid deck for causal play. As for your question about whether Granblue can compete with cross-rides, the answer is for the most part no, most decks, especially those without cross-rides of their own can't compete well against the massive defense that they passively get. Also since we haven't seen any support for granblue yet, it's probably a safe bet that they won't be getting some for quite a while. On the upside though granblue is pretty cheap to build, with only a few cards being over $10, so it's a decent deck for a low investment.

tl;dr - Granblues is a good cheap casual deck, can't really compete against the likes of cross-rides effectively.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-10, 01:38

Nothing can compete with Crossrides except other Crossrides. And in English The End is the most powerful of those. So if you play the official meta, prepare to shell out for The End and only that. OR you could actually have fun and play with us and avoid that nonsense.
Back to top Go down
devasilva

devasilva

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-10, 01:51

Do we know the official text on the cards in the English set? If not, is there not a slight chance that the CR's will get reprinted to be "fair"?
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-10, 02:02

devasilva wrote:
Do we know the official text on the cards in the English set? If not, is there not a slight chance that the CR's will get reprinted to be "fair"?
AFAIK they've already been "previewed" in English, and the text is the same. Why would Bushi reprint some thing, only to make it shittier? Unless they completely ban the Xrides and reprint more "fair" versions, but that's unlikely.
Back to top Go down
devasilva

devasilva

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-10, 02:06

I see, I see. I really wish I started this game two years ago, because now i'm just starting when it will soon become unbalanced. Would it be possible to convince my locals to play the V-Mundi format? Or would they lose to may sales because of it?
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-10, 02:18

Well it's not like every one is going to burn their non-crossride decks after Set 5 comes out. Ask around for matches and refuse to play against crossrides if you don't want to. There will still be enough people around to play a game or two with, I'm pretty sure. Don't get too discouraged!
Back to top Go down
devasilva

devasilva

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-10, 02:25

Perhaps I could get everyone to play with CR's going back to 11k on the opponents turn, seems that would solve the problem mostly :)
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-10, 05:32

devasilva wrote:
Perhaps I could get everyone to play with CR's going back to 11k on the opponents turn, seems that would solve the problem mostly :)
That's pretty much what V*Mundi does for the crossride units that they do allow, if I am not mistaken. In any case, a lot of my friends are of the opinion that Gold Paladin will hold as the most popular clan, as building a Kagerou deck from scratch would be difficult. This of course does not include those players with enough foresight to gather the pieces required early on, or those players who have been devoted to Kagerou to begin with.
All we can do is wait and see how the metagame changes with the release of BT05 and the introduction of the dreaded crossride units.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-10, 19:27

VMF actually bans all crossrides. Soon to put Ultimate Daiyusha under restriction since he fits the image of DP. But in the new format I proposed, all CRs will be erratad here to be usable. That does include a "During your turn" clause.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-11, 09:21

Honestly, the non-crossride deck that's least likely to break the bank and still win is Spike Brothers. Set 10 coming, only 3 cards at most will be thrown in the deck (Dragger, Catapult, and Mason). The rest is made up of cards that came before.
Back to top Go down
TwinPsionic

TwinPsionic

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-11, 11:14

I agree Spike brothers are getting some nice boss monster's and I really like the idea of running four jelly beans with some of the new stuff. On grandblue it is pretty difficult to pilot, but its a god of consistency. If you can get it really low would be best. The other issue is they are not very popular so trading wise you would be stuck with them for a good bit.
Back to top Go down
devasilva

devasilva

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty2013-02-11, 17:27

TwinPsionic wrote:
I agree Spike brothers are getting some nice boss monster's and I really like the idea of running four jelly beans with some of the new stuff. On grandblue it is pretty difficult to pilot, but its a god of consistency. If you can get it really low would be best. The other issue is they are not very popular so trading wise you would be stuck with them for a good bit.

That'd be fine with me. I like having things that are challenging to play and I like the archetype
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would like some opinions :D   I would like some opinions :D Empty

Back to top Go down

I would like some opinions :D
Page 1 of 1