Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shadow Paladins Advice

Go down 
+3
Alice
smellmybox
sageco
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sageco

sageco

Shadow Paladins Advice Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-02, 08:04

Welp, this is my first post here. Figured that this was the best place to ask for advice .I run the below Shadow Paladin Build:

Quote :
Vanguard: (1)
Fullbau

Grade 0: (16)
4x Grim Reaper (Critical)
4x Darkside Trumpeter (Stand)
4x Abyss Freezer (Draw)
4x Abyss Healer (Heal)

Grade 1: (14)
4x Blaster Javelin
3x Dark Shield, Mac Lir
4x Black Sage, Charon
1x Witch of Nostrum, Arianrhod
2x Gururubau

Grade 2: (11)
3x Cursed Lancer
2x Knight of Darkness, Rugos
2x Skull Witch Namein
2x Blaster Dark
2x Darkness Maiden, Macha

Grade 3: (8)
4x Origin Mage, Ildona
2x Dark Mage, Badhabh Caar
2x The Dark Dictator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Needed Cards:
Grade 1:
1x Dark Shield, Mac Lir ($22)

I have ordered that last perfect guard. The deck performs well against all of the decks i have competed against but seem to be stuck when dealing with Gold Paladins. I just can't seem to deplete their guards, and thanks to super efficient calling, their rear guards just seem endless. What tends to happen is that they just produce 21k columns and overwhelm my defenses. I am tempted to just say that its because the Shadows are lacking in support. But the deck was able to take down every other deck at the 14 man tourney. I lost to Gold Paladins in both the swiss and top 8 single elimination stages.

Since I have only been playing this for a month, today was my first experience dealing with Gold Paladins. In the 6 games against the Gold Paladin player (he went on to win the tourney), i was never able to secure a win. They were also my only losses. Perhaps my approach to dealing with them is wrong. But the Ezel superior ride and Garmore's abilities proved to be too efficient for me to deal with. He barely had to play cards from his had in all of games and just saved everything for guarding.

Anyway, thats that. Thanks in advance :)
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-02, 10:35

Yep, gold paladins are douchers because they'll flood their fields and still keep everything in their hands for later. Not sure what to tell you about how to beat them since it's been a long time since I've last faced them.

One thing I'll note though is that you may want to get 4 more crits to replace those stands, especially if you're using Ildona. Since you always want to attack with a column then sac it with Ildona, those stands can end up pretty useless. Now that we have our second crit, rejoice in the fact you'll never have to stand an empty column again.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-02, 17:57

The Gold Paladin players are simply getting fortunate. The average call power for a given deck is 7000, meaning the more calls they do, the more 14000 columns they make on average. It's just dumb fortune if they get anything better than that. That's why Golds are bad and why they're a huge noobtrap. Also why they're no fun to fight. Some day 1 retard can get a one in ten chance to fuck you over, then gloat because they think they did good. If they just happen to make those good columns, they keep hand. If they get shit columns, their hand either becomes normal (from calling over) or they keep a shit field and die horribly because you gain just as much advantage.

0. 4 Death Feather Eagle to replace 4 stands
1. Replace Arianrhod with MacLir when you get him
2. Add two more Gururubau. He's too good to pass up more of. Rushing combined with taking on the roles of an attacker OR booster. Should give you 16 G1s, which is important because...
3. The probability that Javelin rides to search Blaster Dark changes your grade ratio. Therefore, Rank 1 ride chains like this can have less Grade 2s (down to 8 minimum) than other decks and ride EXACTLY the same as normal decks. This frees up room to put in more G1s to facilitate rushes. SInce those G1s are Gururubau, he's either a 9k attacker or a 7k booster. Basically the best of any world and the perfect rush card.
4. Subtract 2 Rugos. You don't need him. Even with all the Javelins, your deck can clean up after itself. Put any excess Javs behind the Vanguard.

Otherwise looks fine. I'd personally take out one Catha and put in PBD just for an emergency searchable 11k in case my opponent gets 20k-happy. But that's up to you.
Back to top Go down
sageco

sageco

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-02, 23:34

0. Was already done, forgot to update the list to reflect that i managed to scavenge death feathers before the tourney

1. Pretty much the plan :)

2. Need to get 2 more, Gururubau is proving hard to find

3. I do get that, I perceive there to be only 9 grade 2 units since i do not consider Namein to be rideable ever

4. Will definitely give it a shot, but the fact that Rugos is the only way this deck has to make 18k columns means that he is the only way i have to force cross riders to guard for 2 stages.

When i can afford the $30+ for PBD, i shall certainly give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-03, 00:01

Oh god you play that crossride meta shit. Well good luck with that one. I have no way to help.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-03, 17:25

Man, i really need to get my hands on a deck for these guys!
Back to top Go down
specrtalduke9387

specrtalduke9387

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-11, 00:46

Alice wrote:
Oh god you play that crossride meta shit. Well good luck with that one. I have no way to help.

you talk about being a decent human being yet shun someone for running something you dislike? i wanna know why? because the last time i checked (regardless if this is your forum or not) human beings have the right to dictate there destiny (within reason).
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-11, 01:05

You're completely misreading that response. It's more in the vein of "good luck playing against crossrides without also using crossrides". Because you are likely to lose.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-11, 04:27

Edalborez wrote:
You're completely misreading that response. It's more in the vein of "good luck playing against crossrides without also using crossrides". Because you are likely to lose.
^This

And it shows that someone didn't even bother to read the about page before they started posting. This site doesn't deal with crossrides and almost no one here plays with them. This response tells me you, yourself also haven't done this so you should take a few minutes and read it:
https://vmundi.forumotion.com/t356-what-is-v-mundi-about

Don't be so quick to judge people.
Back to top Go down
specrtalduke9387

specrtalduke9387

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-11, 13:12

i am not judging anyone i'm just sayin that it's not right to hate crossrides because they were created. it's just like saying (from an yugioh side of things) i hate wind-ups because there too broken. (before the band list) besides the cfv band list will hit us and then we'll be back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-11, 13:55

Believe me when I say I speak for everyone here: The banlist can't come soon enough. And it can't include nearly enough cards.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-11, 17:02

specrtalduke9387 wrote:
i am not judging anyone i'm just sayin that it's not right to hate crossrides because they were created. it's just like saying (from an yugioh side of things) i hate wind-ups because there too broken. (before the band list) besides the cfv band list will hit us and then we'll be back to normal.

Lol. "It is not right"

The morality of disliking pieces of cardboard by specrtalduke9387/
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty2013-03-12, 03:04

Shhh meeb! You'll hurt the card's feelings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Paladins Advice   Shadow Paladins Advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadow Paladins Advice
Page 1 of 1