Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garmore Gold Paladins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lotus

Lotus

Garmore Gold Paladins Empty
PostSubject: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-06, 22:55

English meta. Starting to build Gold Pallies but trying to do it a little differently, taking somewhat of a toolbox approach with Garmore.

Starter - 1
1x Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph

Grade 0 - 16
4x Elixir Sommelier
4x Falcon Knight of the Azure
4x Flame of Victory
4x Silent Punisher

Grade 1 - 15
4x Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4x Sleygal Dagger
4x Halo Shield, Mark
2x Charjgal
1x Silver Fang Witch

Grade 2 - 11
4x Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
3x Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane
3x Mage of Calamity, Tripp
1x Flash Edge Valkyrie

Grade 3 - 7
4x Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
1x Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
2x Battlefield Storm, Sagramore
Back to top Go down
corundum

corundum

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-06, 23:37

I'm gonna take a guess, but is that Flash Edge Valkyrie going to be swapped out for a Lop Ear Shooter come October (assuming you still have this build)? Shooter has greater attack power, uses a discard instead of a counterblast (which in my eyes is good considering the competition for counterblasts in this clan), and you have more choice in what to superior call.

I know Lop Ear isn't out in English just yet, but late September/early October is close enough where I'd think it'd be worth consideration.
Back to top Go down
Lotus

Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-06, 23:41

For Set 7, I definitely want to swap out the Witch for Listener of Truth, Dindrane and the Valkyrie for Lop Ear Shooter.
Back to top Go down
corundum

corundum

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-07, 00:44

I see.

Would you mind sharing how you plan to defeat the opponent with this deck? I'm no expert at deck analysis, and I understand a lot of how the deck is supposed to function can be gleamed simply by what cards are present and the ratios, but it certainly would help if you disclosed how you plan to roust your opponent.

I'm guessing you plan to be riding Garmore as your first Grade 3 for the majority of your matches. Garmore will then toolbox for...Valkyrie (soon to be Lop Ear), which will fish another unit. I suppose Ezel is there as a finisher? The superior ride is nice, but I don't think the conditions will be filled consistently enough to rely on Ezel as the primary Grade 3. Do you plan to use Garmore as a Vanguard for the majority of the game? Is Garmore/Chargegal meant to be an impromptu 21k rearguard column a la Sagramore/Gareth (or Dagger)?

...as you can see, I can only guess, as I don't really know what your "Winning Image" is. I'd appreciate some direction on this.
Back to top Go down
Lotus

Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-07, 00:57

Ah, yeah, you pretty much got it right.

The main plan is to ride Garmore and fish out whatever I need most at the moment. Valkyrie would probably bethe best if I have the 3 Counterblast, otherwise I can get the Silver Fang Witch for an extra card in hand or a Charjgal to put behind Garmore or even just a Beaumains to support my front lines.
Ezel is the backup plan, not the win condition. I don't like that he's useless as a rear guard (As you pointed out, with Charjgal my additional Garmores can boost up to 21k even in a rear guard slot.) so his purpose is to get me to Grade 3 if I can't otherwise. Since Superior Riding him is a -1 I don't plan to use it often, just if i would otherwise miss my Grade 3. I want to experiment with switching to Spring Breeze Messenger and taking out Ezel when Set7 is available, but he's mainly there right now because I don't want to run the Vortimer chain (SDD is way overrated imo.) and I don't really lose anything by running just one.
So yes, my "winning image" is using Garmore to basically to cascade into card advantage by calling units that benefit from being called from the deck, and using his ability to set up my field with whatever I need at the moment.
Back to top Go down
corundum

corundum

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-07, 01:25

If Valkyrie/Lop Ear and Silver Fang/Dindrane are that important to your core strategy, I suggest running more than one of each. If you draw/damage check one or more of them while running only one apiece, you will be a very, very sad cardfighter. It's not the end of the world, but losing the advantage Garmore's toolbox would've catalyzed could slow your momentum. On top of that, you'd still want the flexibility to pick between a free cheap rearguard or an extra card in the hand.

My personal rule of thumb is that unless a unit's a tech, run 2+, especially if said unit is a notable component of your play. Personally I'd switch out a Slaygal Dagger and a Tripp, but I don't know how many counterblasts and soulblasts you plan to use, although I'm guessing it would go something like this:

Counterblasts
Garmore (-2x1) = -2
Sagramore (-1x2)=-2
Viviane (-1x1)= -1

Total usage= 5

Soulblast
Charjgal (-2x1)
Didraine (-1x1)

Total Usage= 3

Now, these are only rough guesses, assuming you stick with your primary plan and only use dagger if you really, really need it to clinch victory. Assuming one heal and normal riding, you have ... around 4-5 counterblasts and 2 soulblast available. Obviously, Flame of Victory and Tripp can net you more resources, but it looks to me that you will be using up most of your stock each match, even with the Set 7 units with lower costs. Maybe my math's wrong, or I'm looking at it from the wrong perspective, but I think Slaygal Dagger could be reduced for more Didrane in the near future. What is Slaygal Dagger i here for? A pinch booster? No attractive alternatives?

Oh, and BTW, there will be numerous instances where you will ride to Grade 3 with only 2 counterblasts at your disposal. Valkyrie might miss its window more often than not.
Back to top Go down
Lotus

Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-07, 01:30

Yeah. Sleygal Dagger is just the best choice it seems. I only put one of each of the search targets because if i have to search for something like a Vivane of Beaumains instead, it's not like my entire gameplan is shattered. The Valkyrie is terrible if it's not played from the deck. I don't want to actually draw it. If I damage deck it, I won't be particularly disappointed. I'm not attached to the Sleygal Daggers, and I could see running more than one Didrane (But definitely not more than one Silver Fang Witch until then.)
Back to top Go down
corundum

corundum

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-07, 01:46

2 each of Didrane and Lop Ear for sure (well, in my opinion). At this amount, there's a low chance of drawing them early, and they likely will still be in the deck when Garmore is ridden. But yeah, I understand why Silver Fang and Valkyrie are run at the lowest.

As for Grade 1 units to replace Dagger, there's...Tron? Yeah, boosters for GPs seem kinda bleh. There's Disciple of Pain to get Garmore's Limit Break prematurely. Counterblast a trigger/unit you want back, +5k, return the flipped trigger/unit to the deck - maybe you'll get a heal-cheat (i.e, get off a heal when you normally shouldn't have). Funky twist plays aside, she'd be a meh unit for power and consistency, but fun as hell to play around with.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-07, 09:56

I can tell you right now, 1 Ezel is suicide. Between chance to draw it, chance to damage it, and chance to draw trigger it, you need it at 2.
Back to top Go down
Lotus

Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-10, 12:25

I've changed a bit.

Starter - 1
1x Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph

Grade 0 - 16
4x Elixir Sommelier
4x Falcon Knight of the Azure
4x Flame of Victory
4x Silent Punisher

Grade 1 - 15
4x Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4x Halo Shield, Mark
3x Sleygal Dagger
2x Little Battler, Tron
1x Charjgal
1x Silver Fang Witch

Grade 2 - 11
4x Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
3x Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane
3x Mage of Calamity, Tripp
1x Flash Edge Valkyrie

Grade 3 - 7
3x Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
2x Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
2x Battlefield Storm, Sagramore
Back to top Go down
corundum

corundum

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-10, 13:23

Garmore + Tron + Limit Break = lol Stage 4 attack against 10k vanguards.

...well, assuming you can get Tron's skill off too. Forced perfect guard or 3 card drop minimum to cover for a trigger. Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lotus

Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty2012-08-10, 13:36

Charjgal does the same thing with Garmore (abliet at the cost of Soulblast 1). =P Seems good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garmore Gold Paladins   Garmore Gold Paladins Empty

Back to top Go down

Garmore Gold Paladins
Page 1 of 1