Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gold Paladin Bunny Build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty
PostSubject: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-22, 11:40

Well I'm not sure if BT07 will be coming in English meta soon so I will just post this anyways. (I play Japanese meta by the way.) Don't feel bothered by the name cos I really prefer to call it this way myself.

Grade 0:
Spring Breeze Messenger x 1
Elixir Sommelier x 4 (Heal)
Falcon Knight of the Azure x 4 (Draw)
Weapon Dealer, Gwydion/Speeder Hound x 4 (Draw)
Flame of Victory x 4 (Critical)

Grade 1:
Blade Feather Valkyrie x 2
Charjgal x`1
Halo Shield, Mark x 3
Hearer of Truth, Dindrane x 3
Little Battler, Tron x 2
Player of Holy Bow, Nimue x 2

Grade 2:
Flash Edge Valkyrie x 3
Lop Ear Shooter x 4
Player of the Holy Bow, Vivianne x 3
Scared Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion x 2

Grade 3:
Great Sliver Wolf, Garmore x 4
Moonlight White Hare, Pellinore x 4

So let me explain !bout my build for those who are not aware of GP in BT07. I try to put cards which effects require them to be superior called from the deck as much as possible, and therefore I have to completely sacrifice the vanillas in order to make room for them. Spring Breeze Messenger, Nimue, Vivianne and Garmore are the superior callers, though Garmore can let me choose to. So I put 1 Charjgal just to in case I really have to go out full force out of desperation. Maxed out Pellinore means I can superior call and then superior ride him at the highest possible chance. Stand triggers are somehow useless in this build because my rearguards have to hop back into the deck when Pellinore is my Vanguard. This means I can recycle triggers. The draw triggers allow me to fix the setbacks of using Pellinore and Lop Ear Shooter's effects. I may consider taking out 2 of them for 2 Slient Punisher. I welcome comments about this build.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-22, 18:06

You have no 8k boosters, yet you're running 5 Grade 2s that are 8k.

You're running the Valkyrie set which also can't hit 16k. You're going to have a tough time if a player just drops an 11k vanguard down. That pretty much kills your deck. When I first started building Golds, I thought I had to sacrifice good field lineups just to superior call a lot, and I was wrong. Hence my article no longer says to use Valkyries.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-22, 18:51

Alice wrote:
You have no 8k boosters, yet you're running 5 Grade 2s that are 8k.

You're running the Valkyrie set which also can't hit 16k. You're going to have a tough time if a player just drops an 11k vanguard down. That pretty much kills your deck. When I first started building Golds, I thought I had to sacrifice good field lineups just to superior call a lot, and I was wrong. Hence my article no longer says to use Valkyries.

I will make sure I will try out more test-outs. Most of my decks have only a couple of vanillas yet they somehow work in my opinion. Focusing on effects and giving up hitting magic numbers has really become my style.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-22, 18:57

Something can't work in your opinion. It can only work or not in fact. Vanguard is emperical, so test it more.

But my hypothesis is that, given two equally skilled players, your deck is going to impede the player that uses it due to having a huge field filled with random garbage and nothing to take advantage of the swarm such as Sleygal Dagger.

Not to mention, you get your field full by turn 3 and then what? You just sit on a bad field.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-22, 21:15

There's also the fact that all 8 of your grade 3s are 10k vanillas in the RG, and, aside from Pellinore boosts, Garmore + Charjgal/limit break is the only combination in the entire deck whose attack isn't stopped by a 10k guard.
Back to top Go down
HerO

HerO

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-23, 02:04

Focussing on effects and not on numbers will make you lose. Vanguard is a game based around numbers. Good numbers win games. If you're hitting for bad amounts and your opponent is guarding everything for 5k while you're dropping cards left and right to defend because your opponent isn't stupid and can do basic math, who do you think is going to win?
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-23, 13:10

-cracks knuckles-

Right, let's go at this deck piece by piece then.

Grade 0/Trigger Base

Eight draw triggers? In Pellinore? Not that I don't see the logic, but I'd consider bumping the deck up by two to four Criticals in the place of some of those extra draws. Pellinore decks max at 10k for your Vanguard's power, and rely- like most Gold Paladins- on aggression and pressure to keep the opponent from building up resources. Even if you cut Flash-Edge, you'll be running enough straight superior calls to handle most fights the english meta will be able to throw at you, so I'd consider upping critical triggers in order to maximize your chances of inflicting cheap damage and threatening when it comes time to break out Garmore or Pellinore's power-bumps.

Suggested cut-

-2x Falcon Knight of the Azure OR -4x Falcon Knight

Suggested Replacement-

+2x Silent Punisher OR +4x Silent Punisher

Grade 1

Oh... dear. What... I...

Well if you're going to run Flash-Edge at all, you're going to want more Bladefeather than that. While the Valkyries can be a lot of fun though I don't recommend them, particularly since you already have Spring Breeze, Viviane, Lop-Ear, and Garmore for superior calls- you know, more consistent alternatives anyway. Tron is also an odd pick in this deck, you can boost to significantly high levels with him in ideal circumstances but once you get to the point where your opponent has a full formation, he's unlikely to be quite as useful. I'd cut him in favor of more consistent boosts.

Suggested Cuts-

-2x Hearer of Truth, Dindrane (while you'll get the skill less often, Dindrane is best as an alternate target for Garmore's superior call)
-2x Little Battler, Tron

Suggested Replacements

+4x Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth

Other Suggestions

-2x Player of the Holy Axe, Nimue

+2x Bladefeather Valkyrie

(I don't particularly recommend this, but if you're going to continue using Flash Edge at least give her enough support that she can serve as an alternate Viviane)

OR

-2x Player of the Holy Axe, Nimue
-2x Bladefeather Vaklyrie

+4x Sleygal Dagger

(More consistent than either, and also it's a puppy. Everyone loves puppies!)

Grade 2-

Not really much to comment on here, it's pretty straightforward. Flash-Edge Valkyrie, however, is doing you no favors. I'll leave it up to you to make the call, but I'd recommend-

Suggested Cuts-

-3x Flash-Edge Valkyrie

Suggested Replacements-

+2x Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion (OR) Mage of Disaster, Tripp
+1x Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane

Yes, I realize Viviane's a bit of a pain to pull at RRR rarity, but if you can get her, she'll serve you better nine times out of ten. If you don't have the capital to invest in another one, try adding Sleygal Sword, Beaumains, or an extra Tripp as a placeholder. Lion vs. Tripp I won't weigh in on- I personally prefer more Lions in a deck that's so low on blasts and high on calling, but go with what tests best and what you enjoy playing with most.

Grade 3

Well, not much to say here. You're pretty straightforward, and Ezel won't really add anything to this deck. With such a low CB count outside Garmore and Messenger I suppose you could consider adding Sagramore to give yourself a rear guard who can bump Gareth or Sleygal columns to 21-20k, but that's optional, and this build does give you the highest possible chance of superior calling Pellinore.

Yeah, basically, to sum up: You've got a good base going, but you really do have enough skills at this point. Being able to derp a formation out of nothing does you no good if you can't actually assemble a decent attacking force with it.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-23, 22:08

Well, thanks for all who saw this post and were kind enough to give me their own opinions. To be frank, it was hard for me to accept them. Perhaps this deck build has really a lot of flaws. But this particular kind of build so far worked in my Dimension Police and Bermuda Triangle builds. Of course it's too early to determine whether I should follow your suggestions. I need to do more testings with my 'versions' of RP and Kagerou trial builds. (Stronger than the original ones of course)
And lastly, a big thanks to you Scarlet. You seems to understand my thoughts about this build, though it's about only half of the whole thing. I'm a extremely stubborn person by the way, as I can remember I spent about 2 weeks discussing with my friends about finalising my DP deck 2 months ago.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty2012-07-23, 22:17

Being stubborn doesn't help in a competitive game. It's evolve or die, no nice way to say that.

But if you can do better, do it. Always. That's the idea behind competition. Because if you don't, someone else will. Like if you run no perfect guards or few of them, someone else will run 4 and take advantage of you. If you run 15k columns, someone will run 11ks and take advantage of you.

The problem I see in Vanguard is that people get to make bad plays with impunity because equally stubborn opponents won't shuck their pride and just run the counter cards they need. Pretty much every deck has the +2000 G3 and 8k Vanilla boosters. So not running an 11k if you have one means you get taken advantage of by a free third stage. You could easily screw two of their columns just by riding that 11k, but yet I see people saying an 11k "sucks" just because it might have a mediocre effect or one they don't quite like.

Same goes for perfect guards and a plethora of other things. Stubborn, highly opinionated people in Vanguard are the majority right now. And while that's great for me if I want to rack up easy wins, it's not so great for the game as a whole when both players are playing poorly and they start thinking that some really easily-countered tactic they used was good just because their opponent was equally ignorant.

Probably the most common thing admitted to me by Vanguard players is their stubbornness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold Paladin Bunny Build   Gold Paladin Bunny Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Paladin Bunny Build
Page 1 of 1