Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Werekill

Werekill

My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty
PostSubject: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2012-11-22, 20:29

Here's my current Kagero deck. It's pretty consistent, but I need to iron out some of the finer details for sure.

Grade 0: 17
1x Conroe (duh)
4x Genjo (heal)
4x Gatling Claw (draw)
4x Blue ray (crit)
4x Tahr (crit)

Grade 1: 14
4x Embodiment of Armor, Bahr
4x Wyvern Guard, Barri
3x Iron Tail Dragon (This is the iffy slot)
3x Dragon Monk, Gojo

Grade 2: 11
4x Dragon Knight Nehalem
3x Cross Shot Garp
2x Berserk Dragon (yes, should be run at 4. Just realized the extra 1k from garp makes no difference)
2x Dragon Knight, Berger

Grade 3:
3x Dragonic Lawkeeper
3x Dual-axe Archdragon (currently 1x Overlord is in here; I need another Dual-axe)
2x Dragonic Executioner
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2012-11-22, 20:36

Looks like your deck is only capable of doing anything useful in the Late game with very little but vanilla for other stages of the game. Kagero is best at a mid-game focus. So if you like Lawkeeper, the best option is running 9-10 Grade 3s, removing Executioners and an archdragon for max Goku. Since you don't have any Kimnaras, you don't need Nehalem or Garp at all (16k is what you're aiming for generally).
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2012-11-22, 20:49

In my opinion, Berger isn't great. I'd max out Berserk Dragon. I also suggest maxing out Iron Tail, and taking out your Gojos for 2 Aermos. Letting your opponent guard with 1 less card just to swap a card from your hand isn't worth it. At least to me.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2012-11-22, 21:12

There's no reason to run Iron Tail at all. This isn't a superior ride build and Kagero can spend CB much better. Even having Gojo as an option for 7k is better. Obviously max berserks, he mentioned in the decklist that he should. Berger is actually fine at 2. And as you said Aermo is great.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2012-11-22, 21:30

Ah, completely forgot Gojo was 7k. It's like I think 7k cards don't exist besides the ones that CB1 for 1k :T
And I have a deep hate for special intercepts for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2013-01-08, 19:15

Old topic here, but as a Lawkeeper player, I think Lawkeeper does very well in early game. And 2 Executioner would be fine since there's only 3 Lawkeeper and no Kimnara. I think Berger is a bit suffering though, he seemed useful...I tried......he's really not so great (unless you've had better experience with that). Same with Tejas, the 8k is just not consistent enough for this deck. Maybe take out Berger and put in some more Berserk Dragon or a vanilla. Iron Tail is fine IMO.

This is my personal build: http://triggercapital.blogspot.com/2013/01/kagero-lawkeeper-personal-variant.html with some explanations of the finer workings and alternative units, etc.

I personally have a heavy preference for Archdragon and a slight aversion to Executioner so I run more "retiring" capable units so Archdragon can get his effect early game if I'm forced to ride it.

If you don't have a problem with Goku/Lawkeeper hybrid and are willing to change a deck focus, go with what Alice said. Oh, and by my experience, Aermo is terrible for Lawkeeper (but good with Goku).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2013-01-08, 19:50

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
I think Lawkeeper does very well in early game.
You realize that's literally impossible right? Grade 3 ride is defined as the start of mid game, meaning Lawkeeper cannot be used Early game. To address this statement: Firstly, it's only useful if the opponent has a screwed field somehow by the third turn of the game. Secondly, even when it's used for power increase, that third stage you get (with bahr) isn't even useful for forcing more guard since midgame is no-guard territory. Lawkeeper only really does anything in late game. Both his limit break and his power increase.

I also don't understand how Iron Tail is fine when not running a superior rider. Kagero have FAR better uses for counterblast and Gojo at least fills an optional role better than Iron Tail. Tejas is amazing for decks with heavy vanguard costs, but I agree that it's not very useful for a deck that doesn't invest in vanguards much like lawkeeper. That having been said, Berserk is too good to pass up, so Tejas IS still useful as a nice booster-killer.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2013-01-08, 20:00

GAHHH!!

SORRY! Wrong term there. Should've said MID-GAME and yea, only IF your opponent has a screwed field (which I'm seeing quite often).

Oh, actually, that's a good point. I think my love for the card itself is skewing my argument. Uh, but yea, I guess pure Lawkeeper decks aren't really impressive until late game. (But that does depend of whether or not you want to run Goku......if you don't, you might as well go with the pure 4x Lawkeeper / 4x Archdragon)

Iron Tail being 7k makes him great for Dual Axe and Lawkeeper but Gojo is equally useful to me (once again, I think the reason I run both is in part due to the fact that I like Iron Tail's art). But I stand that there isn't much room for Aermo in a non Goku hybrid Lawkeeper deck.
Back to top Go down
Vendetta98

Vendetta98

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty2013-01-18, 16:18

Um, well since I run Lawkeeper IRL ill give my opinion of what you should do:
1. Your grade 0 line-up is fine in all ways.
2. Now you grade 1s are a little iffy. now I understand that Iron Tail is a 7k booster, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you can use those CB better. Instead put in 1 Raopia at the least and run at least 2 Aermo. now i know what your thinking, "Aermo, he's only 6k. I have Gojo who discard-draws too, but he's 7k, what do i need Aermo for?" Simple, Aermo boosts, while Gojo......falls asleep. Which means no boost. Now you have either an unboosted column or just a Gojo in a back corner resting. Aermo at least boosts by a stage.
3. Your grade 2s are also a little messed-up IMO. Max out Berserk Dragon, and drop Berger. you can keep your Vanillas here.
4. Your grade 3s are pretty good, but 1 recommend running 2 Overlord, 2 Archdragon, 3 Lawkeeper, and for spot 8 tech in like a Waterfall or Goku or something. If you want to run 9 grade 3s then drop 1 vanilla grade 2 ( making your grade 2 line-up equal 10) and add 2 Waterfall or 2 Goku, or 1 more Lawkeeper and 1 of those guys, or 1 more Lawkeeper and 1 more Archdragon, the choice is yours in the end though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?   My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

My Kagero Lawkeeper build. Any advice?
Page 1 of 1