Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mindless violence - Stand Kagero

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty
PostSubject: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 12:43

0: 17
4x Lizard Runner, Nafd
4x Lizard Soldier, Ganlu
4x Flame Seed Salamander

4x Dragon Monk, Genjo
1x Lizard Soldier, Conroe

1: 14
4x Embodiment of Armor, Bahr
4x Wyvern Guard, Barri
3x Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara
3x Heatnail Salamander

2: 11
4x Dragon Knight, Nehalem
4x Berserk Dragon
3x Wyvern Strike, Tejas

3: 8
4x Dragonic Overlord
4x Dragonic Executioner

Step 1: Fill field
Step 2: Kill everything
Step 3: Win game
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 13:04

•Lack of Aermo D:
•Executioner is meh. Kagero shouldn't focus on hitting columns like Royals more than killing shit. Trying to hit 3 columns with Execution is extremely conditional any who. Use Goku or Waterfall :v
•When EB01 arrives, use Stricken over Nehalem, because Overlord with 21k and 2 crit is fun.

Other than that, Stand Kagero is funfun.
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 13:55

Traesive wrote:
•Lack of Aermo D:
•Executioner is meh. Kagero shouldn't focus on hitting columns like Royals more than killing shit. Trying to hit 3 columns with Execution is extremely conditional any who. Use Goku or Waterfall :v
•When EB01 arrives, use Stricken over Nehalem, because Overlord with 21k and 2 crit is fun.

Other than that, Stand Kagero is funfun.

Executioner isn't even a reliable column maker in this deck, since he only works against 10Ks. He's only here to be a decent stand target. I'll definitelly be trying Goku in place of him.
I'll be using Striken as soon as it's released. A 21 crit 2 Overlord is pretty sexy (and since many of the players near me run crits and don't have any/all of their perfect guards yet... :D).
I'm not really sure what I should take out for Aermo. Bahr and Barri are off-limits, so I can only tweak Kimnara and Heatnail...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 14:43

Eggy is correct. Executioner is present there for a stand target. That's the issue with stand decks, that they have to completely devote themselves to their trigger.
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 18:06

Well, from what I can see at this point, Goku = no. He's good as the vanguard, and is kickass in his own build, but he's not doing so well here.

Plus it sucks getting a stand trigger when your opponent checks a heal and gives the power to his 11k.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 18:53

I was testing 4x DOtE 4x Overlord 12x stand decks before DOtE was cool!

lol JK JK, I stopped using that after a very short time of testing due to feeling bad about it. It wasn't bad. It was just......*insert Alice's opinion of DOtE here*

But dear god, Overlord decks with stand triggers are GREAT. And Tejas is great too, it ALWAYS hits something.

I haven't tested this before, but perhaps Garnet Dragon, Flash is a good tech? I can't vouch for it over Executioner (solid choice there), but it seems interesting...

What about 2x Kimnara and 1x Aermo? Not that Kimnara is bad in this deck...

Also, Goku doesn't fit here. And I can't vouch for Striken's inclusion either. But maybe Bellicosity can have a spot? Being able to use Overlord's effect twice sounds nice (since that works SO WELL with stands).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 19:05

PFFFFT How bizarre, I never even realized Garnet could be used to make standing targets. Though I still wouldn't bother.
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 19:19

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
I haven't tested this before, but perhaps Garnet Dragon, Flash is a good tech? I can't vouch for it over Executioner (solid choice there), but it seems interesting...

What about 2x Kimnara and 1x Aermo? Not that Kimnara is bad in this deck...

Also, Goku doesn't fit here. And I can't vouch for Striken's inclusion either. But maybe Bellicosity can have a spot? Being able to use Overlord's effect twice sounds nice (since that works SO WELL with stands).
Flash = No. 9K Grade 3s scare me.

Remember, Striken is a vanilla 10K2 when he's not the Vanguard. Plus free power and a crit for riding something (LOL VOWING SWORD/GAUNTLET BUSTER) is worth losing a drive check.

As for Belicosity... I don't know. He's the only unflipper the Kagero have, but I just don't know what to take out for him.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 19:26

Keep in mind you're not just losing a drive check. You're losing a free damage too. 1 damage and +1 goes away for the chance to hit with Crit +1. It's basically evened out into just having hit with your G2 anyway since no one guards that.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 19:35

Understandable. Having to ride a 9k grade 3 is suffering. (My problem with Vanisher as well.)

Striken isn't a bad choice, but it does occupy the vanilla slot (so i suppose it's a matter of preference).

I don't want to suggest it almost, but maybe take out a Berserk and a Tejas? Hmmmmm, it's a difficult choice.

TEST IT! TEST IT YOU MUST! Tweak the balance and retest; deck looks good for now!

EDIT: I just remembered, when I was experimenting with Stand Style Kagero, Berserk was kinda crap (well, not crap but non-cohesive with the deck). Just my experience though.

Last edited by Dragon∞Blade on 2013-01-09, 19:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 19:37

The problem with 9k Grade 3s in any deck that doesn't have at LEAST 9 total Grade 3s, is that it takes up a slot that you can't ride with. So 8 becomes virtually the same as 7 which we know only scrubs use. So it's possible to tech one copy in a 9-setup but bad for an 8-setup. It's why my SP and MC decks can have Violent Vesper and clones.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 19:40

Ooooh, if you take into account that 14-10-9 is a very consistent ride ratio.............and maybe add Aermo in somewhere........

Eh, but what grade 2 to lose?
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 20:01

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
Ooooh, if you take into account that 14-10-9 is a very consistent ride ratio.............and maybe add Aermo in somewhere........

Eh, but what grade 2 to lose?

Berserk maybe? The Salamanders snipe the backrow while Tejas gets the sides of the backrow. I can always attack the front row if they have special intercepters, and stands let me attack again afterward. With these many on-hits to keep the pressure high, Kimnara and Berserk become a bit less essential. This deck is filled with 6K boosters, so I'll want all 4 of the 10K2s, be they Striken or Nehalem/Garp.

4 10K2s/ 2 Berserk / 2 Belicosity / 2 Tejas

Anything wrong here?

As for the grade 3 to add, i'm still not in favor of a 9K grade 3, but it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work i'll go 15/10/8 and toss in a second Aermo.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty2013-01-09, 21:16

Oh, that looks good to me. Less counterblasters also means more for Overlord (whose much anime hyped effect works well in this deck). Good luck with the testing process!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mindless violence - Stand Kagero   Mindless violence - Stand Kagero Empty

Back to top Go down

Mindless violence - Stand Kagero
Page 1 of 1