Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kagero Eclipse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 21:49

Just read the update to the Kagero Deep Clan, and I felt a few cards in the deck build for Eclipse could be tweaked. Proxied this and been trying this for a while, but I'm wondering if there's anything I should replace?
My current build is as followed:

Grade 0
1 Lizard Soldier, Conroe
4 Dragon Monk, Genjo
4 Blu-ray Dracokid
4 Embodiment of Spear, Tahr
4 Demonic Dragon Mage, Yaksha

Grade 1
4 Wyvern Guard, Barri
4 Embodiment of Armour, Bahr
3 Heatnail Salamander
3 Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara
1 Flame of Promise, Aermo
1 Amber Dragon, Daylight

The idea is to save counter blasts for Eclipse. Placing Heatnail behind Tejas will cause any back row rearguard that isn't a grade 3 with the exception of Diamantes, to guard for 10k. Kimnara is there, when I really want a certain rearguard dead, such as a Marron boosting Palamedes, or a Vanguard booster. Daylight is there for when I don't have Eclipse in my hand before I ride grade 3. He's at one since I can search him with Conroe. Aermo boosts Overlord to 21k, simple as that. I'd search for Aermo if I don't need Daylight.
Considering to run 4 Heatnails and 2 Kimnaras, or do something about Aermo.

Grade 2
4 Amber Dragon, Dusk -> Bellicosity Dragon (?)
4 Wyvern Strke, Tejas
2 Lava Arm Dragon

Since I really dislike 10k Vanguards (except for Amon), Dusk is there for the maximum possibility for Eclipse being 11k. Tejas is to save counterblasts for Eclipse, and Lava Arm can slap for 20k with Bahr. Only running 2 Lava Arms, since riding him is oh so fun.

Grade 3
4 Amber Dragon, Eclipse
3 Dragonic Overlord -> 4 Dragonic Overlord

For me, if I want Eclipse's skill to go off, I'd aim for a rearguard, since people (at leats the ones I go against) feel like letting 3 rearguards go is better than taking 1 or more damage and losing 2 rearguards. Overlord is there cause well, I like him. And with Aermo, he can force a 15k guard off of anything that is not a crossride.

Last edited by Traesive on 2012-11-06, 22:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 22:06

The 11k isn't probable enough or important enough to really include the ride chain. Also it's going to be difficult to ride G3 when you only have 7 of them yet only one Aermo to make it more consistent. The probability to ride all of your rides equally well is best at the ratio 13-11-9 or 83% maximum. So if you don't want to misride, I suggest at least going to 8.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 22:23

Aermo for consistency? I'd imagine you mistaken the Aermo for the 6k card cycle. The Aermo I'm talking about is the 4k booster that soul blast 1 to become 10k. And now that you mention it, 11k for Eclipse doesn't sound too important, especially since I'm going to be focusing on sniping everything.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 22:29

Yeah...that's...even less needed.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 22:40

....Why does this list 1x Daylight, 4x Dusk? If you're going to use the ride chain at all, isn't the best thing to reverse that since riding Daylight is a guaranteed Dusk search?
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 22:42

Cause I'm willing on betting Dusk in my hand, as he makes up 40% on my grade 2s. Daylight is to to call to the rearguard circle to discard an overlord for an Eclipse. Since I'm gonna replace Dusk, since 11k on Eclipse isn't needed as Kagero can just snipe the back row, and cripple the 12k rearguards.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 23:01

But if you're going to do that, it's better to take advantage of the unique math of Rank 1 ride chains by using less Grade 2s.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 23:07

Well I'm already struggling on choosing what grade 1s to cut. If I were to run 4 daylights, then that mean an instant 12 slots for grade 1s is filled (Barry, Bahr, Daylight), which leaves me even less room for Heatnail and Kimnara. In this event, would 18 grade 1s and 7 grade 2s be too inconsistent?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 23:09

A bit too inconsistent, yes. 8 is the realistic minimum if you run 4 G1 rank 1 ride chains.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 23:25

Alright, so for a grade 1 line up, how does
4 Barri
4 Bahr
4 Daylight
3 Heatnail
2 Kimnara sound?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 23:34

Not sure that you need 17 G1s when you're not even going to rush. Might as well add a 9th Grade 3 to make riding it more consistent. I'd drop Heatnail down to 2 in that case since you already have Conroe.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-06, 23:39

Ah, just realized that if I wanted to run less grade 2s, then I'm forced to run Dawn. I might just stick to ditching Dusk and running 1 Daylight.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-07, 00:27

This is why I don't use the ride chain for Kagero. They aren't helped by it.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-07, 00:48

Point taken.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-09, 18:48

So why Lava Arm over Nehalem?
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-09, 19:12

Taking advantage of Conroe's effect to fish out Daylight, and Daylight's effect fishing for Eclipse, Eclipse should almost always be my ridden grade 3. Lava Arm will almost always be 12k, and can punish 10k cards easily when boosted by Bahr.

That being said, I might just replace him with Nahalem soon, should I feel that Lava Arm being my only grade 2 in my hand by turn 3/4 happens too often.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-09, 20:12

If you want to punish 10ks, why not run Dragonic Executioner over Overlord? You're not riding Overlord anyway (because if you do, you screwed Lava Arm anyway).
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-09, 20:24

I just really like Overlord. Although I usually choose effects over a card's appearance, god damn I find Executioner extremely hideous. I guess I might as well suck it up.
Also, is Hex Cannon Wyvern a possible card to splash?
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-09, 23:38

Yes and no.

Yes you can technically splash it since its skill isn't clan-dependent and will almost certainly occur during a game.

No it's not a particularly good card to splash into anything. 11k attackers aren't particularly helpful on their own in a deck like this.

Personally I'd be ditching Lava Arm and using Eclipse/Overlord/Goku rather than Executioner. Leave the attempts at 20k+ columns to Royal Paladin and just focus on what Kagero can accomplish (good units for cycling through cards if you want to, strong 11k ride in Overlord, RG hatred, and cheap sniping of the backrow).
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty2012-11-10, 00:22

Well that sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kagero Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kagero Eclipse   Kagero Eclipse Empty

Back to top Go down

Kagero Eclipse