Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN

Go down 
+2
ScarletWeather
Kaji Motomiya
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

[HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty
PostSubject: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-16, 15:12

So with EB03 - Cavalry of Black Steel and BT03 - Demonic Lord Invasion coming out in English within two months, I thought it'd be time to up my game with a brand new deck, a step for the English Meta to move away from Goku.

-Grado Zero-
Lizard Soldier, Conrad (Starting)
Dragon Monk, Genjo (Heal) x4
Blue-Ray Dracokid (Critical) x4
Embodiment of Spear, Tahr (Critical) x4
Gatling Claw Dragon (Draw) x2
Dragon Dancer, Monica (Draw) x2
-Totale 17-

-Grade One-
Wyvern Guard, Barri (Perfect Guard) x4
Embodiment of Armor, Bahr (8k Vanilla) x4
Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara x3
Iron-Tail Dragon x3
-Totale 14-

-Grade Due-
Dragon Knight, Nehalem (10k Vanilla) x4
Cross Shot, Gaap (10k Vanilla) x4
Berserk Dragon x3
-Totale 11-

-Grade Tre-
Dragonic Lawkeeper x3
Dual-Axe Archdragon x3
Dragonic Overlord x2
-Totale 8-

I'm aware I use Italian in my stuff. I did the same in my shop (which you can access in my signature =D ). Here are some of my conflicts for the deck:
  • What is a desirable Trigger count between Criticals and Draws? Is 6/6 more balancing, or is 8/4 more significant?
  • Will adding more Aermos be better than running 6/6 Critical/Draws? I was told by someone from Vanguard Rider to replace Iron-Tail with Aermo, but I don't think Aermo will be that much help compared to Iron-Tail.

I'd ask more questions, but I can't think of anyway. Well, tell me what you think and what I should do to improve?

This deck is inspired by Chan's Lawkeeper deck in his video. One of the differences include missing certain cards like Crawling Dragon, Striken and differing numbers.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-16, 16:58

Strictly speaking, the big issue i see here is that without more 7k to pair your Dual-Axe Archdragons (and Lawkeeper) with, you're not getting a lot out of this deck you couldn't get from Sealed Dragon Blockade. I'm also not sure on why you went to Gaap for your alternate G2, eight vanilla is excessive given you're not using a Striken. With Berserk already covered, I'd recommend trying something else- your options are slim until we get Bellicosity, but testing the deck with Berger, Tejas, or Sutherland in those slots wouldn't be a bad idea.

Iron Tail would be best replaced with Gojo tbh, the draw cycling would help. Otherwise I recommend going -1 Barri, -1 Kimnara, -1 Gaap- yes, I'm suggesting the HORROR of reducing a perfect defense count, they're a serious clog in your G1- and going +3 Dragon Monk Gojo, who makes a good first-turn ride and bumps up your 7k count to the point where you can be reasonably confident that your lanes will be 20k or so when you start swinging with Lawkeeper. Don't worry about the lost G1s, you are running Conroe so you're perfectly capable of getting the one you want when you want it if you don't auto-search.

As for your trigger ratio? Well, up to you. The deck is heavy beatdown so maximum critical would push the opponent into the exact state where you want them faster, but six draws will theoretically keep you alive a bit longer when you reach the four-damage mark you want to be sitting at for Lawkeeper. If you can, test with both (assuming you have a Kagero trial that shouldn't be hard), and determine which you personally like better- I haven't played Lawkeeper enough to make that call.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-16, 19:04

ScarletWeather wrote:
I recommend going -1 Barri, -1 Kimnara, -1 Gaap- yes, I'm suggesting the
HORROR of reducing a perfect defense count, they're a serious clog in
your G1
Please stop being bad at Vanguard. I'm kidding. But no, really. Perfect guards are never a clog. That's nonsense. If you get too many and are screwed, you can just ditch one as the cost for another or use it as a boost. They're not cloggy.

Anyway Kaji,

>New Format
>Running 10/6k pairs along with 7/9k pairs

WHYYYYYYYY
Just pick one.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-16, 19:33

Alice wrote:
ScarletWeather wrote:
I recommend going -1 Barri, -1 Kimnara, -1 Gaap- yes, I'm suggesting the
HORROR of reducing a perfect defense count, they're a serious clog in
your G1
Please stop being bad at Vanguard. I'm kidding. But no, really. Perfect guards are never a clog. That's nonsense. If you get too many and are screwed, you can just ditch one as the cost for another or use it as a boost. They're not cloggy.

Anyway Kaji,

>New Format
>Running 10/6k pairs along with 7/9k pairs

WHYYYYYYYY
Just pick one.

Poor choice of phrasing then? Four is expensive (in actual COST, monetary) and overall they're on the flimsier end of boosters, so you'll forgive my kicking of the established dogma in a deck running Conroe by saying you can probably make do with three, still have the consistency you're after, and fit in some decent 7k units.

The -1 Barri was only a suggestion though, in theory it could be -1... anything. Ten out of 15 high impact boosters isn't the worst thing in the world to be running?
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-16, 19:34

@Alice: ...I'm totally not following you. Can you clarify that part about the 10/6k and 7/9k pairs?
Back to top Go down
mastermune

mastermune

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-16, 22:20

She means that you have 10 monsters with 6000 power and 7 with 9000 if I am not mistaken
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-24, 13:14

Yeah, no that's impossible. I have 7 monsters w/ 6k and 3 w/ 9k. And none of my G0s are over 5k, with Gatling Claw Soldier having the lowest Power.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-24, 21:47

How has the testing been?
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-25, 01:11

I can't test without a computer that can cooperate and without BYOND.

But you and meeb have seen what it can do. It was that deck I faced you with when you were testing that Gold Paladin Dragon...thing...the black one that Retires units...that thing. Albeit, I never got to use Lawkeeper that match.

Against meeb, it worked...somewhat. It didn't win, though. This deck mainly caters to EB03 and BT03, but it SERIOUSLY needs Bellicosity and Raopia from EB01 and BT04 respectively...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-25, 22:53

I forget, did I win that game?
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-06-30, 04:16

No, I wasn't supposed to win. I never pulled off Lawkeeper because you Damage Checked it, but I pulled off Berserk and Kimnara in one turn early game and, as you said, "Fucked up your field". You got SDD out, but you couldn't break through at end game and you just gave up.

I'm thinking of remodling this deck so it still retains the deck elements with Goku in it. I just gotta find the right balance of G3s to accomodate 10 G3s. I got...

Dragon Monk, Goku x4
Dragonic Overlord x2
Dragonic Lawkeeper x2
Dual-Axe Archdragon x2

Actually, this is what I came up with:

-Grado Zero-
Lizard Soldier, Conroe (Starting)
Gatling Claw Dragon (Draw) x3
Dragon Dancer, Monica (Draw) x1
-Totale 17-

-Grade One-
Iron-Tail Dragon x3
Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara x2
-Totale 13-

-Grade Due-
Dragon Knight, Nehalem (10k Vanilla) x3
Berserk Dragon x3
Cross Shot, Gaap (10k Vanilla) x2
Dragon Knight, Berger (Special Intercept) x2
-Totale 10-

-Grade Tre-
Dragon Monk, Goku x4
Dragonic Lawkeeper x2
Dual-Axe Archdragon x2
Dragonic Overlord x2
-Totale 10-

Though I wonder if adding Berger would hurt more than help. Because I'm trying to combine the efforts of Goku and Lawkeeper, especially because Lawkeeper is lategame, I want to all-out rush with it.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-02, 20:44

Sorry but I want to repeat Scarlet's advice. Replace 1 Barri and a couple of Gaap out and with Bellicosity.4 vanilla is actually a little more than enough in my opinion. And it is ideal to some people for replacing nullifies with other cards with other effects. Riding a Perfect Guard is NOT an option, to be harsh.

I'm not sure if you want to continue focus on Lawkeeper or combine him with Goku. I have no much opinions on your Grade 3 build. Just a tip, you can switch to Goku if you want, to keep Dual-Axe running and replace the Limit-Breaker with Dragonic Waterfowl. He's an essential in a Goku deck.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-04, 10:04

He plays English—he said so in his OP. He cant use Bellicosity.

Don't replace Barri. (He's not going to take that advice anyway, because he knows that 4 Perfect guards is better).
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-12, 23:21

Okay, so I talked with Alice via chat a while back, and I made some changes.

-Grado Zero-
Lizard Soldier, Conroe (Starting)
Demonic Dragon Mage, Rakshasa (Critical) x4
-Totale 17-

-Grade One-
Iron-Tail Dragon x3
Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara x2
-Totale 13-

-Grade Due-
Dragon Knight, Nehalem (10k Vanilla) x3
Berserk Dragon x3
Cross Shot, Gaap (10k Vanilla) x2
Dragon Knight, Berger (Special Intercept) x2
-Totale 10-

-Grade Tre-
Dragon Monk, Goku x4
Dragonic Lawkeeper x4
Dual-Axe Archdragon x2
-Totale 10-

3 sets of Crits, and trying to dress the G3s to cover Early and Late games. I believe this setup would make use of 3 Crits, which would be mostly guaranteed if not Heal Triggers, compared to having 3 different types of Triggers. Draw Triggers don't really give me that proper edge I want when I want to go for the kill. Also, 10k guards.

Last edited by Kaji Motomiya on 2012-07-13, 01:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-12, 23:58

Wat. You only have 10 grade 1s, why do you say 13?
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-13, 01:13

lololol Stupid me. I had to leave, so I forgot to put back the Iron-Tail Dragon after I deleted it.
Back to top Go down
HerO

HerO

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-14, 00:02

Just screw Dragonic Overlord, it does nothing for the deck x_X Your rearguards should be your Dual Axes to swing for 20/21k constantly. 4 Lawkeeper 4 Dual Axe is best imo. Everything else looks solid.
Back to top Go down
HerO

HerO

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-14, 00:06

And wtf why would you take out Iron Tails, they become pseudo 8k boosters to hit for 21k with Dual Axes. AND WHY WOULD YOU TAKE OUT A BARRI WHEN ALL YOUR VANGUARDS ARE 10K. WHY!??!?!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-14, 00:17

HerO is the ultimate authority on Kagero. I fully endorse what he's saying
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-17, 00:35

That's why I decided to keep the Iron-Tails in the end. Gojyo is one of the only other 7k booster, but it's effect sucks, making it acceptable as a 7k booster. But 7k boosters aren't acceptable unless they can become pseudo-8k boosters.

And I never said I was taking out Barri. If I was gonna take out a Barri, I'm one-card in of suiciding.
Back to top Go down
HerO

HerO

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-18, 00:02

Yeah I know Kaji, I was referring to other people's suggestions. I know you're better than that :D
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty2012-07-18, 00:35

DAT'S CUZ I NO MAH SHIT, SON!

Seriously, I studied Kagero cards for far too long that I'm pretty bad at knowing other deck types. I tested this deck out against PuppyCop and Wolfren, and out of 5 total deck types, I won against only NGs.

And what's even worse is that I never learned the flaws of my strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN   [HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN Empty

Back to top Go down

[HELP] Dragonic Lawkeeper Deck - For EB03EN and BT03EN
Page 1 of 1