Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nova-Grappler Soul Build?

Go down 
+3
Some Gamer Dude
Dakota
Doomherald3000
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomherald3000

Doomherald3000

Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty
PostSubject: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-28, 20:55

So here's the deal. I quite like the Nova Grapplers, reasons being their card art, abilities, main play styles, and just the overall theme of them in general.
On the other hand though, I've always loved Soul Blasts and I wanted to know if anybody had an idea of how to make a Nova Grappler deck with a soul-based theme.
It'd be hard considering that Nova Grapplers don't have many cards that soulcharge or soulblast but I assume the deck might focus around riding to Mr. Invincible and using his ability to Megablast and stand everything.
If I had much of one set up, I'd provide a deck build, but all I have are the basics for any Nova Grappler deck.
Examples being Tough Boy, the triggers, perfect guards, and Mr. Invincible and/or Asura Kaiser.
Alternatively, if it's just not possible, perhaps help on a Shadow Paladin deck with a soul-based theme.
The reason I ask is because these two clans are my two favorite clans, but if it won't work I'll probably try out Oracle Think Tank.
Thank you for your help!

Last edited by Alice on 2013-05-29, 01:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do not use icons outside of the News forum!)
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-28, 22:07

Well, getting cards into the soul in a Raizer deck is fairly easy if you can ride Perfect Raizer. Ride Mr. Invincible on top and you're closer to megablasting.
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-28, 22:41

Mr Invincible, Shubiela and Kirara is a deck I've been personally toying around with. It uses soul.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-29, 01:39

Back to top Go down
Doomherald3000

Doomherald3000

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-29, 02:23

Sorry Alice.
I promise not to do it again! ^.^
Anyway, yes, I had been looking at Shubiela for a couple days now. It seems like that might be the most logical choice if I want a soul engine.
Back to top Go down
bradon

bradon

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-29, 10:20

Nova Grappler isn't a soul clan, so of course any kind of soul strategy will be inferior to the strategy of a clan with soul support. Here is my Invincible Shubiela build. Of course there are better Nova builds when it comes to drawing but this is the best I could think of when it came to an Invincible Shubiela build https://vmundi.forumotion.com/t723-mr-invincible-deck
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-29, 14:45

To answer your question, a megablast that's on-hit is one of the worst in existence (see my Megablast article that actually LISTS them all ranked in order of best to worst). So sure you could use Invincible but not for his megablast. Otherwise there really aren't any viable SB cards in novas. Sometimes you just have to take the cards as they come.
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-29, 16:22

Is it just me or do Novas also use less counterblasts until it comes up to the grade 3's?
Using no counterblasts and having a rearguard storm really annoys me >.<

Soul, that's not really what Novas were made for...
but I don't know if Alice put a choice in the clan chooser about souls... you could check it out.
Back to top Go down
Doomherald3000

Doomherald3000

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-29, 20:17

Okay, so I've been reading all of you guys' responses, and I realize now that there's not an ice cube's chance in Hell that I'll be able to make a fully soul based deck using the Nova Grapplers.
So I went back and read through Alice's Deep Clan on Nova Grapplers and I think I've decided on a deck build.
Tell me what you all think!

Grade 0:
x1 Blaujunger. Starting Vanguard.
x4 Red Lightning. Critical Trigger. Effect used to fill up the soul.
x4 Grapple Mania. First Stand Trigger.
x4 Canonball. Second Stand Trigger.
x4 Ring Girl, Clara. Heal Trigger.

Grade 1:
x4 Twin Blader. Staple perfect guard.
x4 Dancing Wolf.
x4 Tough Boy. Staple Vanilla Booster.
x4 Blaupanzer.

Grade 2:
x4 Blaukluger
x4 Eisenkugel/NGM Prototype. I'm not sure which yet.

Grade 3:
x4 Stern Blaukluger. Required for the deck to function.
x2 Mr. Invincible.
x2 Armored Fairy, Shubiela.
x1 Muscle Hercules. Just needed to fill up the last spot.

I really like the Nova Grappler ride chain, so I went with that as the basis, then threw in Red Lightning, Mr. Invincible, and Shubiela for a little soul action on the side.
Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 11:32

You have to stay with the soul build, huh >.<

If you’re running invincible to soul charge, it has to be in vanguard position, and shubelia has to be a rearguard. Then what happens to stern? Then the chain is just for ride consistency. So which will be your primary vanguard to ride. I would suggest using stern as it is better. Just be careful of your counterblasts. If you’ve ridden stern, you need to make sure you push your opponent to 4 or 5 damage. So that would be the turn after you ride stern. That makes Hercules useless if stern is a final gambit. What are you flipping? If you want to use soul novas, i agree in using raisers. They have more of a use for souls. Stern should be kept a separate deck, don’t try to tamper with it too much ^-^
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 11:54

Why are you ruining Stern Blaukluger?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 12:44

It's not gonna work. You use Shubeila, Stern will become a 10k squishy and will get raped. And there's no way to generate soul without minusing yourself; either by Red Lightning or Grapple Mania, or riding Stern over Invincible. All of these only generate a +0 wash at best. Two of these methods involve the loss of a 10k shield.

I'd give it up, it's not feasible.
Back to top Go down
Doomherald3000

Doomherald3000

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 14:24

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
Between the fighting over keeping card advantage and filling up the soul, an on-hit megablast being the main thing the soul would be used for, and the fact that Nova Grapplers just weren't built for that sort of play, I'm going to have to reluctantly agree.

I'd hoped halfheartedly that I'd be able to somehow plan this clan with a soul tactic, but I knew from the beginning it was a long shot. I guess I'll have to try a different clan when I want a soul engine.
But. since we're still on the topic for the moment, lemme ask about the deck build if I change some things.
How would this work as a deck if I replaced Red Lightning with Shining Lady (no real change there), and made my grade three lineup this:
x4 Stern Blaukluer
x4 Muscle Hercules ----------------Or maybe flip Hercules and Asura Kaiser's numbers.
x1 Asura Kaiser
With the main focus being unflipping damage and having multiple attacks in one turn, forgetting my ridiculous soul idea in this one, is this build alright?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 15:46

There won't be any damage to unflip if it isn't supposed to be flipped. Stern is for forcing tons of guard. If he hits once it's game the fuck over. There's not much merit in going in for another swing in that case.

Alice wrote:

Listen to her, man.
Back to top Go down
Doomherald3000

Doomherald3000

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 15:52

Alice wrote:

Listen to her, man.
Would you guys mind elaborating?
I'd like to not ruin Stern and play him correctly, so what about the deck can I change to make it more "Stern-friendly"?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 16:13

Trying to accommodate for another round of Stern isn't needed since 4 damage for 2 Stern rapes should be enough. If you're going a third time something has gone badly wrong. There is no need for damage flippers ever, especially since Stern should by rights be the only thing using CB up.

Just use traditional Stern and copy Alice to suit your meta. Iron Ball (with Kirara in exchange for King of Sword for burger-stands).
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 16:40

Doomherald3000 wrote:

x4 Stern Blaukluer
x4 Muscle Hercules ----------------Or maybe flip Hercules and Asura Kaiser's numbers.
x1 Asura Kaiser
With the main focus being unflipping damage and having multiple attacks in one turn, forgetting my ridiculous soul idea in this one, is this build alright?

Herculese isn't unflipping because you can only call it before Stern's assault (for it to go full force). I've also realized, the deck doesn't have much counter blast usage until grade 3. I would say instead of muscle hercules, add 4 storms. It's a flip-on-hit, which can add to the pressure over stern's relentless attacks. When it comes out, you can replace the grade 3 spot with beast deity ethics buster. WHen the vanguard declars an attack, your front rear guards stand.Basically, you can make thsi neat combo where you attack with 2 storms, attack stern, stand the storms back, then counter blast, attack with storm, and do it all over again :P.

BTW, i would say 2 asura and 3 muscle
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 18:27

All very nice ideas, but back on the original topic, you can make a fairly decent deck that uses the soul in Nova Grappler through Perfect Raizer. You won't be doing any soulblasting, but it kinda focuses more on the type of soul use DI uses. Suffice it to say, 3k power for every Raizer in your soul, and an extra critical. It's a high-pressure deck, and, while normally a bad card, Transraizer actually helps the deck in more ways than one, giving you a Raizer on the field (so you don't lose 2k) and a potential second card to call from the top of the deck. Perfect Raizer can force stupid amounts of guard if you have a full field when you ride him or if you keep riding him.
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 19:14

to add on, don't use invincible to mega blast, only to fill up the soul. After the soul is complete, then ride perfect raizer. Then, you can use shubelia to draw for the cost of unnessesary cards in the soul (though, that might become difficult. If you can't make perfect raizer full charged by late game, everything in the soul kind of becomes a waste...)
Back to top Go down
Doomherald3000

Doomherald3000

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 21:15

Maybe I will go with a Raizer build. It is the only soul-based build that the Novas have.
On the other hand, the build with Stern makes for a fun Nova-style that can be pretty abused.
Actually they could both be abused in different ways.
Perhaps I could find a way to play the Raizers with a stand-spam tactic. Hence (in a way) combining the two deck by mashing together their play styles.
I think it's all up to personal preference now.
My thanks go out to all of you! You've done a great job helping me out and I've even learned some new things about Vanguard and my clan that I could've sworn I already knew. :P Haha.
This was a great first experience in the forums here at V-Mundi, and I hope to become a productive member of this community. :)
Thanks again to everybody, this was a huge help!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-30, 23:32

thym4n wrote:
Herculese isn't unflipping because you can only call it before Stern's assault (for it to go full force). I've also realized, the deck doesn't have much counter blast usage until grade 3. I would say instead of muscle hercules, add 4 storms. It's a flip-on-hit, which can add to the pressure over stern's relentless attacks. When it comes out, you can replace the grade 3 spot with beast deity ethics buster. WHen the vanguard declars an attack, your front rear guards stand.Basically, you can make thsi neat combo where you attack with 2 storms, attack stern, stand the storms back, then counter blast, attack with storm, and do it all over again :P.

BTW, i would say 2 asura and 3 muscle

Why waste deck space on Storm and Muscle Hercules when Stern decks specifically have all this nice extra room for actually good bonuses like Death Army?

Doomherald3000 wrote:
Maybe I will go with a Raizer build. It is the only soul-based build that the Novas have.
On the other hand, the build with Stern makes for a fun Nova-style that can be pretty abused.
Perhaps I could find a way to play the Raizers with a stand-spam tactic. Hence (in a way) combining the two deck by mashing together their play styles.
I think it's all up to personal preference now.
My thanks go out to all of you! You've done a great job helping me out and I've even learned some new things about Vanguard and my clan that I could've sworn I already knew. :P Haha.
This was a great first experience in the forums here at V-Mundi, and I hope to become a productive member of this community. :)
Thanks again to everybody, this was a huge help!
Prepare to lose a lot. Read my entries on the Raizers on the Nova Grappler article and read the decklist I posted. Dakota is probably not aware of either. I spent half a week testing those to try and make them work.
http://vmundi.blogspot.com/2012/05/deep-clan-nova-grappler.html

Also don't chalk things up to personal preference. It conditions people to cop-out when challenged on their subjective BS opinions. And in this case (as is often in card games), it's actually not preference if you want to win—what works works, what doesn't, doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Doomherald3000

Doomherald3000

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-31, 01:58

Alice wrote:
Also don't chalk things up to personal preference. It conditions people to cop-out when challenged on their subjective BS opinions. And in this case (as is often in card games), it's actually not preference if you want to win—what works works, what doesn't, doesn't.
Alright, good point.
Blunt honesty is really the thing around here, I can tell.
But that's good. Because then people realize the flaws and make changes as needed because they're pointed out.
I'm gonna go read some more of your articles Alice. I have plenty more to learn.
Back to top Go down
Dakota

Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-31, 02:46

Alice wrote:
Prepare to lose a lot. Read my entries on the Raizers on the Nova Grappler article and read the decklist I posted. Dakota is probably not aware of either. I spent half a week testing those to try and make them work.
While I wasn't aware that you had made such a post, I've done some online play with Raizers as a deck. It's really not that bad. Then again, I only really played it against my one friend, but it did decently. Maybe I'm doing something differently, maybe it's just that I got better-than-usual hands, I don't know, but the deck seemed pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-31, 17:05

[quote="Doomherald3000"]Maybe I will go with a Raizer build. It is the only soul-based build that the Novas have.

You have to make one descision. Soul, Stand, or Pressure (Stern) Nvas. Make up your mind ^-^
Pressure (Stern) Is really cmpetitive, but a bit high on price
Stand has many builds (with like 3 possbile grade 3's...). They are a little lower in price than stern but still pretty pricy. OF course, becuase Novas are stand, the deck builds have some versatility.
Souls are different but an intersting idea. Of course, everyone's saying not to use raizers, which is the only best nova deck.

So stick with stand or pressure
(also, what's your price range?)

btw Alice, you should rund death armies. But storm replace the king 10k
Back to top Go down
Doomherald3000

Doomherald3000

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty2013-05-31, 18:03

thym4n wrote:

You have to make one descision. Soul, Stand, or Pressure (Stern) Nvas. Make up your mind ^-^
Pressure (Stern) Is really cmpetitive, but a bit high on price
Stand has many builds (with like 3 possbile grade 3's...). They are a little lower in price than stern but still pretty pricy. OF course, becuase Novas are stand, the deck builds have some versatility.
Souls are different but an intersting idea. Of course, everyone's saying not to use raizers, which is the only best nova deck.

So stick with stand or pressure
(also, what's your price range?)

I'll go with the Stern build. The pressure tactic is my favorite tactic in all of Vanguard, so I could do that.
And my price range is higher than usual as of late. I had at least $200 to throw at Vanguard in all, and spent around $130 on my OTT build. (with a severe lack of Silent Tom's) So I still have $30 that I could toss towards the Novas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nova-Grappler Soul Build?   Nova-Grappler Soul Build? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nova-Grappler Soul Build?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next