Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can Nova Grappler's be used for control?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jman5x

jman5x

Can Nova Grappler's be used for control? Empty
PostSubject: Can Nova Grappler's be used for control?   Can Nova Grappler's be used for control? Empty2013-02-10, 15:18

So I just recently started carfighting and I was drawn to the art and core abilities of NG. However, I would like to know if it would be possible for them to do control, because I want to stick to NG's, but I'm not a huge fan of Aggressive decks. Is there any way for a Nova Grappler control deck? If so, please explain how, because I love control, but I love Nova Grappler's even more.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Can Nova Grappler's be used for control?   Can Nova Grappler's be used for control? Empty2013-02-10, 15:47

Someone with more experience can correct me if I'm off-base or using the wrong words for this, but Novas "control" by aggression. By spamming attacks and forcing your opponent to do something about it (ie: lose card advantage).

Rough examples:
Brutal Jack - CB1 is basically free in Novas. So you basically have a 11k intercept who's scary enough even on his own.
Kirara/Hani - Opponent faces the threat of you drawing on hit.
Asura Kaiser / Death Army Guy + Lady - Turns G3s into psuedo-stand triggers, forcing more damage or guards. Asura himself is even a great 11k defender on top of that.
Gold Rutile - Turns RGs into damage-unflippers; makes Jack and Kirara scarier. If he hits, you get another RG attack. Basically your opponent is always going to lose something come battle phase time. Evil.
Stern Blaukluger - Standing the Vanguard column for CB2. Absurd. Must perfect guard or die, and you can't PG all game.

This is mostly just parroting things discussed here.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Can Nova Grappler's be used for control?   Can Nova Grappler's be used for control? Empty2013-02-10, 19:25

There's no true control in Vanguard. There's pressure and fuckery. Fuckery is basically retiring or megacolony trapping.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Can Nova Grappler's be used for control?   Can Nova Grappler's be used for control? Empty2013-02-10, 20:49

Nubatama/Nova mix seems to skate the line between pressure and fuckery.
Back to top Go down
jman5x

jman5x

PostSubject: Re: Can Nova Grappler's be used for control?   Can Nova Grappler's be used for control? Empty2013-02-10, 22:18

Fuckery :P I like the name and the idea. Megacolony is another I was thinking of running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Nova Grappler's be used for control?   Can Nova Grappler's be used for control? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Nova Grappler's be used for control?
Page 1 of 1