Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brakki and Nova Grapplers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WingZero

WingZero

Brakki and Nova Grapplers Empty
PostSubject: Brakki and Nova Grapplers   Brakki and Nova Grapplers Empty2012-12-07, 16:16

Okay so I've been experimenting with Brakki in my Nova Grappler deck, using different lineups, trigger combinations and what not, and I want to know your opinion.

My hypothesis.
Much Like the Death Army Guy, Boosting Death Army Lady, when you turn a grade 3 on the Twin Drive, you re-stand the full column. Asura Kaisers effect allows you two re-stand a unit if you turn a Grade 3 Unit on the Twin Drive.

So, Im thinking that, Brakki's boosted by Death Army Guy can be a fantastic thing, and its pretty obvious why.

Run 3-4 Brakki and 4 Death Army Guys. Have a Brakki boosted by Death army Guy attack for 16k, now if you turn a Grade 3 when your Vanguard(Asura) attacks, re-stand the Death Army and Brakki, and swing again for 16k OR you can Soul Blast for the full 21k. So yeah thats basically what Im looking at, plus in Nova Grappler decks, the Soul goes un-touched, and if you ever run low some how, you can re-ride the Vanguard or even Ride Mr.Invincible and Soul Charge for the automatic +2 to Soul.

Thoughts?

Last edited by WingZero on 2012-12-07, 17:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Brakki and Nova Grapplers   Brakki and Nova Grapplers Empty2012-12-07, 16:56

You mean "My Hypothesis"

Neat idea, let us know how it works out in testing.

Also obviously you can't use stand trigger since 14k is apalling
Also obviously crits waste Grade 3 checks unless you attack with the van last which gets you perfect guarded

So...yeah good luck
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Brakki and Nova Grapplers   Brakki and Nova Grapplers Empty2012-12-07, 17:08

Its weird, With Nova Grapplers, the order of which you attack changes constantly. Like, If you have dual Death Army Columns and an Asura Vanguard, I'd be gravitated to attack with both rear-guards first and hope that I pull a grade 3.

I'm running 8 Crits, 4 Stands and 4 Heals. I want to add draws though. Lately though, I've been attacking with the Brakki boosted by Death Guy first, then Asura, then go from there.

But yay, I got a "neat idea" from Alice :D
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Brakki and Nova Grapplers   Brakki and Nova Grapplers Empty2012-12-07, 22:43

I felt like this deserved its own post.

So after a few test plays, that being 8 games against Pale Moon(Tamer Beatstick), Royal Paladin(Galahad/6 Soul), Bermuda Triangle(Raindear) and Narukami(Doesnt deserve a name - Essentially trial deck with 1 Vermillion, 3 Thunder Breaks and 4 Indra LAWL) Anyways. 8 games eachs. total of 32.

Vs Pale Moon.

Games of which had Positive impact: 3

Games of which had negative impact: 3

Neutral Games: 2

Vs Royal Paladin

Games of which had Positive Impact: 3

Games of which had Negative Impact: 2

Neutral Games: 3

Vs. Bermuda Triangle

Games of which had Postive Impact: 5

Games of which had Negative Impact: 2

Neutral Games: 1

Vs Narukami

Games of which had Positive Impact: 2

Games of which had negative Impact: 4

Neutral Games: 2

Conclusion thus far;

I do feel that it does fit well in a Nova Grappler enviroment, If you can maintain field control then it doesnt have much of an issue. A necessity is having something behind it to boost, optimisticly a Death Army Guy. Numerous times I was unable to get support, so I had a 9k on the front row, that in some cases(Mostly against Pale Moon and Royals) that I was unable to even strike a rear-guard without sending it back to the deck because of the soul blast.

Part of the reason I had such a difficult time with Narukami is because of the obvious ability to remove rear-guards.

This may have only been 32 trial plays so I do intend on going further though. Here's a quick fun story.

I had the following field: Asura boosted by Battleraizer Center. Right Side Brakki with Guy and left side, Death army Duo. I drew a grade 3 and then a crit on the twin drive after having already attacked with everyone. oh good times.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Brakki and Nova Grapplers   Brakki and Nova Grapplers Empty2012-12-08, 17:32

THAT is how you tally your results. Not by how many games the whole deck won, just by how many times you saw a positive, negative, or neutral result.

Also yeah, I could've told you that :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brakki and Nova Grapplers   Brakki and Nova Grapplers Empty

Back to top Go down

Brakki and Nova Grapplers
Page 1 of 1