Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)

Go down 
+7
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Alice
phoenix_yamato
firagadam
VesperGhoul
Edalborez
AegisCrow
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)   To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind) - Page 2 Empty2013-03-23, 17:11

Quote :
and your poo-pooing of any optimistic/supportive comments isn't going to help anything else. I think it's not unreasonable to expect nothing else but "crossrides can be beaten because of this anecdotal evidence" and "crossrides are statistically more likely to win because of this math" back and forth, and that's a discussion that goes nowhere.

Make a choice: Spend Money or don't be competitive. You don't get both (it is unfortunate that the money needed to be competitive has increased significantly but it's pretty much always been that way, just cheaper in the past).

Quote :
lock it or whatever you wish to do

Staff don't take orders from you, especially thinly veiled ones such as this.

Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)   To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind) - Page 2 Empty2013-03-23, 22:20

AegisCrow wrote:
"reducing chances of losing" is not the same as "winning the lottery", Alice.
It's not a false equivalence. It's a metaphor for the area of probability. Either above or below or on top of a coinflip. The lottery is below it (disadvantage), the Monty Hall problem is above it (advantage), and a fair coin is exactly in the middle. Chance in games should be fair for both players and so should strive to seek the middle as much as possible. Crossrides go further toward the lottery. Also you're assuming I mean the National Lottery which has bullshit odds. I never specified, so let's go with Bingo parlors just so you understand the concept I'm getting across.

AegisCrow wrote:
the point of this thread isn't for me to beg for some secret all-knowing advice on how to defeat crossrides without using them in 10 out of 10 games, but rather advice on how to narrow the gap as much as is possible within a given circumstance, with respect to my lack of funds.
Apologies if I came off that way, as there might have been a misunderstanding. It sounded very much like (and we get a lot of this) you wanted some secret counter to crossrides that simply does not exist without playing The End itself. If you're not looking to be "Competitive" in the word itself, but more along the lines of a sliding gradient of competitiveness, then see your PM because I have a surprise for you.

AegisCrow wrote:
lock it or whatever you wish to do. nobody is under any obligation to comment in this thread anymore.
I'm strictly against quelling discussion by locking posts. I may move shitposting to the trash, but unlike most forums, I don't care if people disagree with each other (even if it's just back and forth stupidity) as long as shitposting doesn't occur.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)   To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind) - Page 2 Empty2013-03-23, 22:38

phoenix_yamato wrote:
>.> well it might be a strategy but it works

What you aren't understanding is that "rush them early" works equally well against non-cross decks as it does crossride decks. All decks have a weakness to early rushdown to due the calling system that forbids you from defending with cards higher than your vanguard level, and the fact that most players want to maximize trigger chances by putting back extra G0s from hand into deck during mulligan.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

PostSubject: Re: To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)   To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind) - Page 2 Empty2013-03-23, 22:53

excuse me sir but i understand clearly. that's why i made my deck to do just that.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)   To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind) - Page 2 Empty2013-03-25, 03:58

Edalborez wrote:
This isn't "shitting" on optimism (see "We value thick skins" in the link). This is the advice you can take away in so few words.

Have you never heard the phrase poo-pooing? as in 'to dismiss something, shoo it way, or brush it off as insignificant'? I'd certainly hope that the internet, as a whole, is mature enough to handle when people say the word 'shit.'

3XXXDDD wrote:
Staff don't take orders from you, especially thinly veiled ones such as this.

no need to get indignant, chap. if the discussion's done, it's done--unless you had something new and illuminating to add.

Alice wrote:
see your PM because I have a surprise for you.

and what a surprise indeed!

Alice wrote:
I'm strictly against quelling discussion by locking posts. I may move shitposting to the trash, but unlike most forums, I don't care if people disagree with each other (even if it's just back and forth stupidity) as long as shitposting doesn't occur.

that sounds fair enough--it's your show. I'm in the camp that back and forth stupidity IS a form of shitposting, though.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

PostSubject: Re: To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)   To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind) - Page 2 Empty2013-03-25, 23:31

lol damn crow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)   To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

To Kill a Crossride (some deck advice, if you don't mind)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: