Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EclipseOfAshes

EclipseOfAshes

Amber dragon Deck (feedback please) Empty
PostSubject: Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)   Amber dragon Deck (feedback please) Empty2013-03-23, 23:44

This is a list for the amber dragon deck I am trying go build. Meaning this list is the ideal, I do not have 5 of the cards listed.

Winning image: Using strong hitters with pseudo on-hit effects(salamanders and eclipse) to hit either hand or field with every attack. Or as I call it, slow roasting.

Starting vanguard
1 Conroe *don't have atm but I proxied and it works so much better than dawn

Triggers:
6 crit (split 3/3 to throw off my opponent when guessing triggers)
3 flame seed salamander (psuedo on-hit and stands overlord after guard for shenanegans)
3 Gattling claw
4 heals

Grade 1: 14
2 amber dragon dawn (to all but guarantee eclipse off of conroe)
4 barri *also dont have atm but i obviously plan to run 4
3 bahr (with 12 k front row I reduced the 8k vanilla for more effect pressure than 10k vanguard abuse)
2 heatnail salamander
2 aermo
1 rapoia

Grade 2: 11
4 Dusk
2 berserk dragon
2 lava arm dragon
3 Nehalim

Grade 3: 8
3 eclipse
3 Dragonic overlord
2 Dragonic executioner
Back to top Go down
EclipseOfAshes

EclipseOfAshes

PostSubject: Re: Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)   Amber dragon Deck (feedback please) Empty2013-03-23, 23:47

Quote :
2 amber dragon dawn

Meant "2 amber dragon daylight" My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)   Amber dragon Deck (feedback please) Empty2013-03-24, 00:05

Damn right Conroe is a badass. Huge mistake that I see with all Eclipse decks is the absence of Conroe.

But honestly here's the problem: the probability for you to have an 11k Eclipse without Dawn is the probability that you ride Dusk by Turn 2. And if you check my superior rides article, I give that stat:
Chance of given Grade 2 by Turn 2 ride: ~59.79%

So about 60% chance. So here's the question: 60% is just barely on the border of a playable main gambit. Is 4 Grade 2 slots in Kagero actually worth this? I don't really think so when your options are stuff like Bellicosity, Berger (actually a good card), and Tejas.

Lava Arm simply does not work without the G0 -> G1 chain effect. That's the only thing that makes running those safe. Otherwise it's very unsafe to run those as they shouldn't be counted in your G2 selection. Riding one is more akin to miss-riding and just like riding a Nemain, will get you killed. Rushing someone hard on that turn is very very easy. You essentially have the same ride probability as 9 G2s.

Salamander is a terrible trade off. 10k shield for quality control? No thanks. If he at least gave +1, it might be doable. But it's a terrible booster and you lose a super valuable 2 stage shield. On top of which it forces you to use inferior Grade 3s just so Stands don't misfire (they'll still misfire Early game and any time before your setup in Midgame though.)

Always run max of your main Gambit which in this deck is Eclipse. No questions asked. I also suggest going toward a more crit-focused deck so you can drop the DOs and DEs. The reason being is they're basically vanillas in this deck. DO's skill is vastly inferior to Eclipse, so you should be saving for that. My recommendation is running Goku and riding it first, checking a few, riding over later, and getting +4 with Eclipse.

Good on you for using 4 Barri though.

For a helpful alternative: see my Kagero article's Nightfall decklist. It's also the CHEAPEST Kagero decklist.
Back to top Go down
EclipseOfAshes

EclipseOfAshes

PostSubject: Re: Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)   Amber dragon Deck (feedback please) Empty2013-03-24, 00:45

Part of my reason for using both DO and Eclipse is that I really, really, don't like 10k vanguards since 10k abuse is so common in my locals. I will try splitting goku and DO in the 5 slots in various combination to see which one works best and feels right. I also find DO to be more useful late game, on rear-guard mostly, which is why I am so intent on running more than 1. With Ecliple I can get him to hit mid game but come late game they will guard anyway and it feels like a waste of 2 CB. With a total of 5 CB's I can expect to use I would like to put it to all to full use. Which is where DO comes in, cb 3 fits perfectly and still gets +2; of course this all depends on conroe usage and if I hit a heal at any point.

I don't mind dropping DE at all, It was just something that popped into my head.

I am considering Bellicosty, oddly, simply for more CB abuse. But if i go to 4 Eclipse I could cut daylight to 1 or completely and run 4 bahr making tejas a real back row threat replacing the flame-seed strategy...hmmm. I might just split the difference and go 3/3 on those and try it out to see which works best. Since taking out both lava and dusk gives 6 spots.

Sorry for the long post I think while typing just to show how I am going about the deck building process.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)   Amber dragon Deck (feedback please) Empty2013-03-24, 01:52

Ah well if 10k abuse is really common in your locals, then that is a pickle. Kagero as of now doesn't have much that it can do solely using rear-guards, which is what you'd have to do with an Overlord-centric deck as his CB on (V) is baaaad. Eclipse really has to drop Conroe if you want any decent kind of chance at 11k (which I might actually recommend in your case. The G1 selection is awesome, but you don't need it for this deck. Bumps you up to about 80% chance of 11k Eclipse). But I don't suggest riding over with DO since that's a -1 that DO cannot recoup unlike Eclipse over Goku.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_yamato

phoenix_yamato

PostSubject: Re: Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)   Amber dragon Deck (feedback please) Empty2013-03-26, 13:05

i agree with alice. for one thing dragonic overlord is not that great with the amber dragon ride chain because it dose practically nothing for cb3. where goku has a chance of not only getting to to eclipse faster but also if you drive check a grade 3 you get to retire a unit. witch makes goku more versitile in the amber dragon deck. but besides that i like the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)   Amber dragon Deck (feedback please) Empty

Back to top Go down

Amber dragon Deck (feedback please)
Page 1 of 1