Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?

Go down 
+6
LittleFighterFox
Vulcanpeace
Edalborez
corundum
Pendragon
Jabberwock
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty
PostSubject: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 02:22

Just want to hear some opinions from you guys.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 03:21

In Some Cases It Is But It Only Makes Proper Columns With 10ks And Best With G3 Gene
Back to top Go down
corundum

corundum

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 03:29

I think the card can have its uses. While I"m not sure if this the case, the way that the card guarantees a hit without inflicting damage, coupled with the 6k power, leads me to believe Fruit Basket Elf is meant to work behind a Vanguard Maiden of Trailing Rose, so her on-hit skill can be used late-game if need be.

The way Fruit Basket Elf's skill is worded sounds like it could enable a guaranteed draw behind Glass Beads Dragon or Maiden of Rainbow Wood (or enable any on-hit skill, actually), provided you targeted the opponent's vanguard and were willing to pay an extra counterblast.

Perhaps this was supposed to be a clan-tailored Chargal clone? The skill is nifty, but the cost and 6k power would dissuade me from using Fruit Basket Elf in quantities above 2, at least.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 04:09

The most ideal use I can see for it is behind Knight of Harvest, Gene. Makes for a 16k column behind Harvest when you don't need Fruits' skill. If you do need the 10k shield in intercepts, pay CB1 for 2 Verdure Genes. To a lesser extent you could use it to help ensure a lesser Gene's attack goes through (such as making Verdure hit and then replacing it with Harvest for the aforementioned good column).

Behind Trailing Rose it seems wasteful unless your field is COMPLETELY empty (and even then you'll waste the drive checks since you're doing no damage and have nothing else to put them onto). Vanguards are that resource black hole that you WANT your opponent hurling their guards at.

Behind Poison Poison Mushroom or Glass Beads, it ensures a draw but makes a horrible column especially in the former case. I guess if you planned on intercepting and replacing with something compatible next turn it could work.

Convoluted and probably pointless example: Behemoth of the Plains (Lion Head clone) with Fruits behind. Gojo clone in another column. Rest Gojoclone, CB3 for Behemoth-Fruits to stand her, attack with her column. Though this means you put the Lion Heat clone in your deck in the first place. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 04:40

Meh, this card is useless then. Such a pity, this card is cute. Sigh, there aren't any good Neo Nectar boosters.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 05:32

At Least Not In TCG
Back to top Go down
Vulcanpeace

Vulcanpeace

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 08:10

I believe there was a card with a giant turtle that would really benefit from this card's effect, I think it was "the turtle who holds the world" but I am not quite sure
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 08:29

Vulcanpeace wrote:
I believe there was a card with a giant turtle that would really benefit from this card's effect, I think it was "the turtle who holds the world" but I am not quite sure

So you are saying by combining Fruit Basket Elf with Turtle that Supports the World, Akbara, I pass the 3k power to my other column? Still sounds meh, cuz I still sacrifice one column of dealing no damage to the opponent. Besides, 3k power isn't happening much anyway...
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 14:59

Poison Mushroom is definetly the best in front of elf. Since your opponent can't guard at all, its won't matter what kind of column you make. Attack for 6 + 7 = 13k and draw a card every turn with only 1 counterblast.

Or, you can combine it with Trailing Rose. The 'empty field' isn't the case early on. RIGHT on the ride with Trailing you can bring out Elf and a booster/attacker to target with triggers. Then a CB2 and Persona and you bring out 2 cards worth from one.

I'm waiting for beter combos though.
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 15:08

LittleFighterFox wrote:
Poison Mushroom is definetly the best in front of elf. Since your opponent can't guard at all, its won't matter what kind of column you make. Attack for 6 + 7 = 13k and draw a card every turn with only 1 counterblast.

Or, you can combine it with Trailing Rose. The 'empty field' isn't the case early on. RIGHT on the ride with Trailing you can bring out Elf and a booster/attacker to target with triggers. Then a CB2 and Persona and you bring out 2 cards worth from one.

I'm waiting for beter combos though.

I like it, a +1 for 1 counterblast.
Back to top Go down
mastermune

mastermune

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 15:42

I need some clarification, it does no damage but doesn't it guarantee a free kill for a rear guard?
Back to top Go down
corundum

corundum

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 15:44

mastermune wrote:
I need some clarification, it does no damage but doesn't it guarantee a free kill for a rear guard?

The skill states that the attack target must be the vanguard as one of the conditions to activate, if I 'm reading my copy of the card correctly. If you could target rearguards, that'd actually make me warm up to Fruit Basket Elf a little more.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 16:15

The reason I didn't even mention it was that even if you got +1 for CB:1, you still sacrifice a whole column of pressure per turn. It's identical to swinging 2 stages normally because they either take damage or guard one card. But you have to pay.
Back to top Go down
mastermune

mastermune

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 18:59

Ok thanks, so much happening all around that I did not notice is attacking vanguard only. It would be useful if Neo Nectar had a Megablast on hit or something.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-28, 19:15

Except for the CB1 cost making you unable to use Megablast :/
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-29, 03:35

Also I'd like to point out that she doesn't do Street Bouncer better. Street Bouncer is specifically for decks that want to run bizarre-ass column matches like 6ks with 8ks to get lots of gimmicks off. Street bouncer allows you to do this with no risk since calling anything behind him is just fine for his skill, which prevents you from falling behind despite having a garbage column. I only wish he could be reused...
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-30, 05:54

So in conclusion, the Elf is crap.............. :P
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-30, 06:38

farmergiles wrote:
So in conclusion, the Elf is crap.............. :P

It's a shame though. If Fruit Basket Elf has awesome effect, I would definitely add it in, plus the cute art theme.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-04-30, 19:13

They just need a single costless on-hit that's amazingly good. But would never normally hit. Then she'd be good
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty2013-05-01, 04:07

Shame it's Neo Nectar specific otherwise it could have use in other clans. So far in Neo I'd only want to use it for the Gene series and even then would I want no damage to go through just to gain a couple of interceptors?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?   Is fruit Basket Elf a good card? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is fruit Basket Elf a good card?
Page 1 of 1