Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We all know it looks good on paper but.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RayThermador

RayThermador

We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty
PostSubject: We all know it looks good on paper but.   We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty2013-03-20, 10:23

We all have had that one deck that looked good on paper, but when we played it, 3 things happen (normally),
1 the deck works just like on paper, 2 the deck horribly failed. 3 we had a opponent that played like a moron AKA guarding every single attack even the vanguard, yes vanguard. Now how would you say you would get over this horrible way to play cardfight (unless your deck is made to do this, i'm talking about players who didn't make a deck to guard spam)? I am mostly trying to figure out how to get around bad players who guard spam and stop the vanguard, I lose to this due to the fact they guard the vanguard early game. I figure I could just play it safe and stagnate the game till they break but wheres the fun in that?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: We all know it looks good on paper but.   We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty2013-03-20, 10:29

Use Stern or some other deck that abuses the hell out of Criticals and watch them shit themselves because of their small Mid-Late Game hand.
Back to top Go down
RayThermador

RayThermador

PostSubject: Re: We all know it looks good on paper but.   We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty2013-03-20, 10:34

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
Use Stern or some other deck that abuses the hell out of Criticals and watch them shit themselves because of their small Mid-Late Game hand.

True, I have had only one problem with that and that's when they guard stern and when you do that it can make the game kinda go bleh or if they do some more noobery, with stern you don't have much to guard with so being attacked is kinda hard to guard against when your key set up cards are in hand :/ but i also need to be taught on how to play the deck a little better.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: We all know it looks good on paper but.   We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty2013-03-20, 10:42

If they're bad players and you're losing to them, what does that say about you?
Back to top Go down
RayThermador

RayThermador

PostSubject: Re: We all know it looks good on paper but.   We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty2013-03-20, 10:47

Epideme wrote:

When you lose to a random crit drive checked then it is not my fault, when you don't have cards in hand that your willing to part with due to them being key cards you plan to call/ride next turn you don't have much to guard with. please read before you post replies (as your question/ smart mouthed statement was answered in the post)
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: We all know it looks good on paper but.   We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty2013-03-20, 11:48

RayThermador wrote:
Epideme wrote:

When you lose to a random crit drive checked then it is not my fault, when you don't have cards in hand that your willing to part with due to them being key cards you plan to call/ride next turn you don't have much to guard with. please read before you post replies (as your question/ smart mouthed statement was answered in the post)

It happens. It happens to all of us. Chance is just like that. If they are guarding early in the game, even your vanguard. If you know who the players are, just overwhelm them by rushing early. Once you enter mid-game, their hand will be depleted and it should be easy-goings after. Mind you, you should try to be taking less damage too, but plan what damage you take and what not to take, for counterblasts. And make sure those counterblasts actually help you win the game too.

Also, don't be too scared to guard in early game. Just think. Think hard, especially if they are key cards. Sometimes you must guard, since there is no reason for you to take free damage. This game is all about weighing risk vs reward after all.

Also, what deck are you playing? As a DI player, I know how much it sucks during early game where you have to take early damage because you have key cards in your hand, but if you can set up incredibly high pressure for late game, it usually is worth it taking those damages. I play Reijy so this is especially awesome - healing locking and locking their limit breaks. Also potential win at 2 damage.
Back to top Go down
Chain11207

Chain11207

PostSubject: Re: We all know it looks good on paper but.   We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty2013-03-20, 14:40

Quote :

You must always take into account the possibility of their drive check and block accordingly even if it costs you some key cards...... its better than losing due to not guarding that's for sure because then those key cards you saved in your hand are now wasted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We all know it looks good on paper but.   We all know it looks good on paper but. Empty

Back to top Go down

We all know it looks good on paper but.
Page 1 of 1