Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good beginner decks?

Go down 
+11
Smittons
Omnigeek
doomboykhoi
Kaji Motomiya
DJ_Rapster
Kirosnefakman
WingZero
Alice
Nihckeuq
ScarletWeather
Duce
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duce

Duce

Good beginner decks? Empty
PostSubject: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-22, 17:41

Hey,

Im still very new to the game in terms of playing games and was curious if people could suggest good beginner / friendly decks to put together not fully packed with the rare cards so i can throw them together to begin practising.

Was thinking in terms of using the common cards if possible as its easier to make them until i learn the game and would be able to do this for all clans.

Any advice in doing this thanks
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-22, 17:51

If you want a cheaper deck, but don't want to try one of the trial decks, you could actually do worse than picking up some copies of EB02. You can't get an optimal deck without spending, obviously, but Diva Festival has two unique Grade 3 units at common (which work well together and give you an idea of the strategies you can use with the larger pool), you have a better chance of pulling the rares you want since there's fewer different possible rare cards to pull, and every unit will be of the same clan. Basically all you need is to get your fourth heal and you're set. Not the strongest clan but definitely a lot of fun to mess around with.
Back to top Go down
Duce

Duce

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-23, 04:44

Cheers, i do have alot of the cards from all sets already (basically missing some RRR, RR and a few R to make a complete usable set of each (4 of each). So wanted to get some decks together for each clan using the more common cards to practise and see how the clans play.

I do have the english trial decks, but sadly it only covers 4 clans i believe. And i really want to make a nova grap, spike bros and the likes in decks.

Where would be best to post up my attempts at beginner decks also?
Back to top Go down
Nihckeuq

Nihckeuq

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-23, 22:44

If what you are missing are just a few of the rarer cards and already have all the commons and triggers in place, i would proxy the cards in the decks instead of testing the clans with just the commons as I don't think you will get the full experience of the clan playing their non-optimal cards.

E.g Spike bros as mentioned in your post would be very different when you include a full Seifried or Dudley emperor set in your deck as compared to putting say...Unite attacker.

Once you are satisfied with a clan's play style at the optimum level with proxies you can then slowly buy the singles till you have the full deck.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 11:35

Nihckeuq wrote:
If what you are missing are just a few of the rarer cards and already have all the commons and triggers in place, i would proxy the cards in the decks instead of testing the clans with just the commons as I don't think you will get the full experience of the clan playing their non-optimal cards.

E.g Spike bros as mentioned in your post would be very different when you include a full Seifried or Dudley emperor set in your deck as compared to putting say...Unite attacker.

Once you are satisfied with a clan's play style at the optimum level with proxies you can then slowly buy the singles till you have the full deck.
This, I agree. Testing with all commons misrepresents a deck. I proxy them to make sure I know what I'm getting into.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 12:15

Yeah, Proxies are the way to go, helps you to fully understand what you're getting yourself into before spending about 100$ on what you "want" just to realize you dont like it.

If you dont have access to a printer, what I've been doing is taking a notepad, writing down the cards names, effects etc. and writing the cards name, grade and Power on an old sleeve. So basically, I keep all my worn out sleeves and when Im testing I just flip the deck around to the old sleeves, take out the necessary cards, add commons and write the testing cards info on the sleeve in Sharpie.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 12:49

WingZero wrote:
Yeah, Proxies are the way to go, helps you to fully understand what you're getting yourself into before spending about 100$ on what you "want" just to realize you dont like it.

If you dont have access to a printer, what I've been doing is taking a notepad, writing down the cards names, effects etc. and writing the cards name, grade and Power on an old sleeve. So basically, I keep all my worn out sleeves and when Im testing I just flip the deck around to the old sleeves, take out the necessary cards, add commons and write the testing cards info on the sleeve in Sharpie.
I knew DI were going to give me trouble when I proxied them, but I stuck to it anyway. So the moral here is you also have to be smart enough to put your wants on standby. It won't magically get better because you have the real thing.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 13:21

I made the mistake of buying full Duke before testing, I had read the cards and thought it sounded awesome. Fucking hated it. Luckily I was able to trade them away for Pellinores and some other jazz.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 15:24

WingZero wrote:
I made the mistake of buying full Duke before testing, I had read the cards and thought it sounded awesome. Fucking hated it. Luckily I was able to trade them away for Pellinores and some other jazz.
That's because Duke is just swing swing swing swing swing okay hopefully final turn. Yes? win. No? Fucked.
And 1/3 of games it spices up a bit with terribly sacky random calls.

So basically vanilla and late game.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 16:28

It weasnt even that it just didnt feel right... I like to actually think in my games and be more "Technical"
Back to top Go down
Duce

Duce

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 17:19

Well im hoping to get 4 of every card (And one of every SP) for my collection, so will eventually make a deck per faction anyways. The common deck idea is so i can begin playing now without proper ratios of cards and not one of this two of that and a hap hazard type deck thrown together.

Are there any clans who work well with cheap cards,

Or do the grade 0-1 decks i've seen with all crit work at all as a rush option?
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 17:21

Full Tachikaze with Null guards is about 50-60$.

Megacolony is pretty cheap to.

Raindear Bermuda is pretty inexpensive too.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 17:52

Tachikaze and Megacolony may be cheap, but not recommended for beginners, especially Megacolony.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-24, 18:07

WingZero wrote:
Full Tachikaze with Null guards is about 50-60$.

Megacolony is pretty cheap to.

Raindear Bermuda is pretty inexpensive too.
Megacolony is like 80 or less yeah
Back to top Go down
DJ_Rapster

DJ_Rapster

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-26, 13:56

hey i'm starting a deck for my friend and he wants granblue do you think it would be good. hes never played before so i need to know if it will be good for him.

Last edited by DJ_Rapster on 2012-12-26, 14:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-26, 13:57

Good? Enough. Deck I'd start a beginner to the game off with? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
Duce

Duce

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-26, 17:15

Its a pity not all the trial decks are out, would give more variety for beginning from. And def cheaper than buying packs or boxes and hoping.
Back to top Go down
DJ_Rapster

DJ_Rapster

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-26, 20:53

thanks scarlet i'll tell him maybe he will listen cause he refuses to budge with them
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-27, 15:07

Gran Blue is one of the more complex builds to work with, requires a lot of play thats outside the basics(Working with the drop zone/activating abilities with the drop zone etc.). Truthfully speaking, I'd saying go with a Trial Deck. You can learn the basics, and every trial deck has some sort of staple card used in every build, so even if he doesnt like it, trade bait.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-27, 16:41

WingZero wrote:
Gran Blue is one of the more complex builds to work with, requires a lot of play thats outside the basics(Working with the drop zone/activating abilities with the drop zone etc.). Truthfully speaking, I'd saying go with a Trial Deck. You can learn the basics, and every trial deck has some sort of staple card used in every build, so even if he doesnt like it, trade bait.
Except the Narukami one. It only uses 3 triggers and 1 vanilla. Which people give away for free.

And the RP one only comes with one blaster blade but the rest of the deck is terrible and makes bad columns.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-27, 17:24

Shhh Alice, you're basically saying DOTE or Gold Paladin
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-27, 20:05

Kagero trial deck is still the best investment you can make for starting the game in English meta, honestly. Four Yaksha sucks but buying 2x of it will get you a full playset of Dragonic Overlord, two Goku, and the deck just straight-up hands you 4x Berserk Dragon. Kagero's also a ridiculously good learning clan because it's straightforward mechanically, but the mechanic requires you to think if you want to use it to best advantage.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-27, 20:14

Two Kagero Decks will set you. Then top it off with either BT01 for Perfects or BT02 for Kimnaras.

Because shit, it doesn't take that long to get what you need.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-27, 21:23

I do honestly have to agree with that. Kagero is easily the best Trial Deck. Yes Gold Paladins gets you x1 Garmore and x1 Silver Fang Witch but still...
Back to top Go down
DJ_Rapster

DJ_Rapster

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty2012-12-28, 02:07

thanks for the help guys i got him to listen were looking for a new deck for him now :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good beginner decks?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next