Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good beginner decks?

Go down 
+11
Smittons
Omnigeek
doomboykhoi
Kaji Motomiya
DJ_Rapster
Kirosnefakman
WingZero
Alice
Nihckeuq
ScarletWeather
Duce
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-11, 00:23

Granblue deck is a very technical deck and beginners will misplay a lot. He can play one, but I thinks he needs to get used to the game a little more to play Granblue.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-11, 01:38

doomboykhoi wrote:
Granblue deck is a very technical deck and beginners will misplay a lot. He can play one, but I thinks he needs to get used to the game a little more to play Granblue.
This is my assessment as well.

Braindead: Oracle Think Tank | Soulless Scarlet
I'm Too Young to Die: Kagero | Goku/Overlord
Hey, Not Too Rough: Spike Brothers | Emperor, Bermuda Triangle | Pacifica
Hurt Me Plenty: Pale Moon | Sarah, Spike Brothers | Seifried, Bermuda Triangle | Raindear
Ultra-Violence: Tachikaze, Granblue, Megacolony, Shadow Paladin
Nightmare: Oracle Think Tank | Tsukuyomi
Dante Must Die: Granblue | Bizarroblue
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-11, 11:06

Are these the assessment for the player or the opponent?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-11, 16:28

Those are difficulty levels to play it.
Back to top Go down
Smittons

Smittons

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-11, 17:06

Alice wrote:

This is my assessment as well.

Nightmare: Oracle Think Tank | Tsukuyomi
I recall you saying that restricting Full Moon in Japan was a good thing because it encouraged players to stop reusing the same formula or something similar. I suppose you meant that it encouraged creativity with deck building and not that it wasn't complex then?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-12, 03:14

What?

I don't understand the question. How does my tongue-in-cheek difficulty retort have anything to do with a comment about a loop deck's usefulness after the restriction?
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-12, 05:04

Why is Tsukuyomi listed as second most difficult? Maybe it's just my bizarre brain(Aspie) kicking in again, but I never had issues using Tsukuyomi, at all. All it takes is a little bit of memory added to your usual game, but really it's no big deal, for me anyway. Of course, I crash and burn playing Seifried, something you say is less difficult, so take that how you will.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-12, 06:19

Vanguard has a pretty low skill cap anyway. After a while you basically "get" the game and anything more is pretty irrelevant in the big scheme of things when compared to getting triggers.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-12, 06:32

Epideme wrote:
Vanguard has a pretty low skill cap anyway. After a while you basically "get" the game and anything more is pretty irrelevant in the big scheme of things when compared to getting triggers.
This. Once you play Tsukuyomi, you eventually adapt to it. And it does require more thought than simple memory. Besides, in my real assessments I rank both as a 4 out of 5. With 5 being Nubatama-Murakumo
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-12, 13:53

Yet there are people who actually think it's easy. I personally think those are the people who have never used the Oracle Think Tank (not the Tsukuyomi, the clan itself) before and don't have any experience with it and just don't get that honestly when you're looking at those 5 cards, you really are trying to determine the order to re-send them.
Back to top Go down
The King of Hearts

The King of Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-29, 21:13

Duce wrote:
Hey,

Im still very new to the game in terms of playing games and was curious if people could suggest good beginner / friendly decks to put together not fully packed with the rare cards so i can throw them together to begin practising.

Was thinking in terms of using the common cards if possible as its easier to make them until i learn the game and would be able to do this for all clans.

Any advice in doing this thanks

In my opinion, I would say to start with any trial deck and start from there. A lot of new players in my town start out with a trial deck (normally Gold paladin or Narukami) and then once they get familiar and comfortable with the game and it's rules etc, they then go on to improve their deck with cards like Vermillion, Ezel, and Spectral Duke. They do this, and it works out fine for them
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-29, 21:56

Howdy.

I've started with the Oracle Think Tank and Kagero trial decks with no adjustments, introducing the game to a friend today. I played OTT, he played Kagero (I've studied up on the rules so I let him play the "stronger" and simpler deck). Won two out of three* but in situations where I would have lost if there had been a next turn.

The biggest downside to OTT's that I can see is the lack of synergy or a clear winning image. I consistently had issues with good columns, especially if he rode Dragonic Overlord. Luck Bird and Dark Cat are just blind chance without any divination, and there's no use for the soul in this deck. All points Alice made in the budget article. I basically just won by simply outlasting my opponent rather achieving than any real goal, at least by my limited-experience perspective. Would not really recommend starting with OTT trial deck. I'm just a little masochistic.

*The one loss was pretty amazing. In initial hand I had no grade 1's. After mulligan I had no grade 1's or 0's. I drew none for the next 3 turns (and the ones that were there all got damage checked) and was beaten 0-6 with a grade 0 vanguard. And this wasn't exactly a fresh-out-of-the-box shuffle. Bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty2013-01-30, 05:12

Thanks for affirming what I wrote
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good beginner decks?   Good beginner decks? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good beginner decks?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2