Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Dub

Go down 
+10
Lockon Stratos
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
3XXXDDD
Epideme
pantheron
MechaCrash
Some Gamer Dude
SoulKaiser
Alice
meeb
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
meeb

meeb

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-06-03, 02:04

Bushiroad is uploading the Singapore dub on youtube on glorious 1080p.

www.youtube.com/user/CARDFIGHTVanguard

The dub is absolutely amazing. You can tell they got the best voice actors possible within their budget. These budget VA's are clearly giving it their all, and I think they rival some of the current high budget ones like Johnny Young Bosch, and Laura Bailey. Really just a spectacular dub all around.

This thread is to discuss the awesome dub.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-06-03, 02:09

Crispin Freeman has NOTHING on Kai's voice actor. Holy shit that's a seriously stand-up performance. The way he says "about" is just staggeringly powerful.

This dub moved me.

And oh Lord, Emi. Emi is top notch. I have no idea how they found a young actress capable of pitching and timbre her voice to that of a child. She does it perfect.

Just LOOK at Morikawa. He's having so much fun with his role.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-06-03, 02:12

I agree with all of this.

Most dubs either use crummy children for young kids that don't know how to act, or adults who sound like adults. Whoever they are using has serious experience with voice control.

Also I love some of the dub edits to the dialogue. Kai's backstory changes add hidden depth to his character, and I absolutely LOVE the line he says when he draws Tahr.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-07-30, 17:47

Gonna need a link, because English!Kai's monuments are so awesome they need to be collected.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-07-31, 03:29

Why was this ever made
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-08-05, 22:51

Alice wrote:
Crispin Freeman has NOTHING on Kai's voice actor. Holy shit that's a seriously stand-up performance. The way he says "about" is just staggeringly powerful.

This dub moved me.

And oh Lord, Emi. Emi is top notch. I have no idea how they found a young actress capable of pitching and timbre her voice to that of a child. She does it perfect.

Just LOOK at Morikawa. He's having so much fun with his role.

FINALLY. I'm sick of the dubbing being bagged as terrible. It's a really good dub. I think the only voice that could be objectional is Kamui, but boys are hard. Not everyone is Nancy Cartwright.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-08-06, 00:10

Holy shit. You're taking the joke a bit too far.

We're being extremely sarcastic because it's the worst dub we've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-08-06, 00:30

Alice wrote:
Holy shit. You're taking the joke a bit too far.

We're being extremely sarcastic because it's the worst dub we've ever heard.

Oh, I was being serious. It's a pretty good kids show dub. I think the voices suit the characters from what I've heard of the Japanese version, or works well by itself, for the most part. The pronunciation is a bit off at times, 'Ass-oo-ka' , not 'Auska' for Asuka, but it's generally pretty good for people I assume are learning how to pronounce the words. The script really isn't bad at all, I actually like the change to Assistacat.

I mean, I'm hard pressed to think of something it's not better than in it's subgenre. Beyblades? No, it's a better dub than most of the cast for both Generations of Beyblades. Can't stand Tyson and Max these days. It's better casted than YGO DM and GX, well, unless we let DM win through 'so damn hammy it's good', 'cause the performances given there rival Japan's overly emotional ham and cheese performances. I admittedly haven't seen much of the dub for YGO5DS, or remember it at all. I don't recall Crush Gear Turbo well either, but if memory serves it was a main Ocean Group, Vancouver, production, and I love their work, aside from a few things. I seem to recall BattleBDaman having a questionable dub. Am I missing any semi-major 'They use the merch in-show' type franchises?

Honestly, I've never read anyone explain /why/ the dub is bad, just state that it is.

Last edited by Some Gamer Dude on 2012-08-06, 20:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-08-06, 12:37

I still think they nailed Kai perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-08-07, 10:04

No.

Just no.

This is one of the worst dubs in existence. They clearly got people who are all on their first time or show that level of skill. They are not voice acting. They're speaking lines (poorly) as though reading it from a piece of paper; and trying to artificially insert different cadences. You can tell they're using the completely wrong tonality in many lines.
Back to top Go down
MechaCrash

MechaCrash

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-08-07, 10:11

The only reason I can't say this is the worst dub ever is because I've seen Cyber City Oedo and Angel Cop. But yeah, this is some really bad dubbing. Kai went from aloof to flat, Aichi went from timid to whiny, Misaki went from standoffish and prickly to just a bitch, Ren went from kind of spacy to a jackass, and so on.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-08-07, 13:08

Oh i agree the dub is shit, but Kai's is just...meltalicous. I mean just look at the scene where he tells Kamui to screw off during Nats. It's obvious none of the actors gave a fuck, but in Kai's case that actually worked FOR him.
Back to top Go down
pantheron

pantheron

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-15, 17:09

I know this topic is kinda dead, but, I would just like to mention that this dub convinced me that subs are superior. I had never seen a dub so bad. Though for some reason I do like Morikawa's voice actor.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-15, 19:00

Hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-15, 21:14

Their is no such thing as absolute superiority. Dub v sub is a case-by case and person by person call.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-15, 21:16

Well Gundam and Hellsing have amazing dubs. But most dubs are terriawful
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-15, 22:28

Yu Yu Hakusho was a good dub.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-15, 23:17

Alice wrote:
Well Gundam and Hellsing have amazing dubs. But most dubs are terriawful

For you maybe, but there is no objective rubric here, and Sturgeon's Maxim is in full effect of course. Point is, you should probably watch an ep or two before coming to any conclusion, and I doubt anyonehere disagrees with that statement.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-16, 00:00

No dude. Stop that shit. Some things are just better than other things.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-16, 00:09

Of course. For you. But I mean, I personally think What Ever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow was a rushed, poorly planed, hastily ended story with one worn out gimmick, others swear by it. The sheer fact we can have such a discussion is because people just like different things. Given, certain aspects usually lend towards more people liking them but even then you're not going to get "one right answer."
Back to top Go down
pantheron

pantheron

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-17, 00:50

who knew that a card-game anime's bad dub would cause so much debate over how we define quality. also misaki's voice has grown on me. But she still sounds sexier in the original.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-17, 03:15

Shin sounds on the mark at least.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-17, 09:52

pantheron wrote:
who knew that a card-game anime's bad dub would cause so much debate over how we define quality. also misaki's voice has grown on me. But she still sounds sexier in the original.

There's actually one dub voice that I think was done particularly well. The Royal Paladin player (Galahad build) that faced Kamui in episode 41 or so from Team Brilliant Stars.
Back to top Go down
SoulKaiser

SoulKaiser

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-17, 14:30

Was in Dan Green?
Back to top Go down
MechaCrash

MechaCrash

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty2012-10-18, 03:38

It was episode 47, and no, it wasn't Dan Green. You would know if it was Dan Green, because he can only do one voice, and he uses it for everybody. They got someone named Frank Zotter for the Galahad player, Hiromi.

I doubt they could afford Dan Green anyway. He might want a whole sandwich to come in, not just half.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Official Dub  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Dub    Official Dub  Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Dub
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next