Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playstyles

Go down 
+33
alexander.stone88
Gelatin
HugeMcLargeTall
Vandelan
Kirosnefakman
noobsuser
luis
MysticEyes
Shadowbane
Alvarofsj
DracoFox
Trinam
Mizuki
WingZero
Featherine
Vendetta98
AstoXx
koalakyle
TehNACHO
Another Leather Lung
zawarudo
NavyCherub
Lockon Stratos
meeb
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Kaji Motomiya
CyprusWHM
Alice
ScarletWeather
Traesive
firagadam
ShinkenRed
Tryston
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

what is your play style?
Aggressive.
Playstyles Pl1028%Playstyles Pr10
 28% [ 9 ]
Control.
Playstyles Pl1019%Playstyles Pr10
 19% [ 6 ]
Stalling.
Playstyles Pl106%Playstyles Pr10
 6% [ 2 ]
Trolling.
Playstyles Pl109%Playstyles Pr10
 9% [ 3 ]
Hand advantage.
Playstyles Pl1013%Playstyles Pr10
 13% [ 4 ]
Surprises.
Playstyles Pl100%Playstyles Pr10
 0% [ 0 ]
A mix of 2 or more.
Playstyles Pl1025%Playstyles Pr10
 25% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 32

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Tryston

Tryston

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 22:53

What is your playstyle?
Im honestly torn between hand advantage and control. Im not sure what the clan could be for that.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:11

Aggressive. Basically to me power is everything. You can crush those little punies if your units' powers are insanely high. Yes, anything but Kanzen Bougyo. I like clans which rewards you for high power such as Dimension Police and Great Nature.
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:20

I might play Gold Paladins, but being able to control the match is KEY to winning in the game, though once blau is released i will be in an all out rape induced aggressive mode.

Which STILL requires you to control the opponent offensive capabilities to ensure your win.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:22

Control. Snipe their back row, pressure them to guard since if my attack hits, something precious of theirs will die, pick off their peons and let them choose between weaker/ less attacks the next turn, or lower their defenses.
One bad move could be fatal for the opponent, and that what makes Kagero so beautiful.

Hand advantage would be OTT and Bermuda.
Control is Kagero and Megacolony (that making them not be able to stand gimmick that sucks)
If you want a mix of both, Kagero + Nubatamaaaa. Unless you interpret hand control completely different from hand advantage.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:28

If you can't answer what clan(s) you do it with, you can't really call it your preferred playstyle yet in this game imo.

Poll seems weird- "Stalling" and "Trolling" are both kind of odd concepts in this game because every clan which I could think of being keyed to those would be better filed under "control" or "hand advantage", and "surprises" seems a little nebulous.

Vanguard really has three broad flavors of how to play a deck:

-Attack lots/attack many times/attack for lots many times
-Draw more cards than your opponent can take away
-Control via restricting your opponent's resources or access to them

Pretty much every deck falls into at least one of those categories, some fall into two depending on the specific build. You can build a deck that does trollish control and tries to put you in a better position by creating no-win situations for your opponent in which they always stand to lose something- shield or field, as it were (Eclipse/Heatnail Salamander focused Kagero) or you can play control by just straight-up spot-retiring things which will weaken your opponent's overall line-up (Goku/Overlord, standard build with Berserk and Kimnara). You can play aggressive decks which try to put you ahead in the card count from the beginning and push for higher numbers towards the end (Gold Paladin), or you can play aggressive decks where you try to create pressure by hitting for more than three attacks each turn to make up for your lack of constant plussing (Nova Grappler, Aqua Force) OR you can play aggressive decks which pace themselves and give you the option of either adding cards to your hand or attacking (Grappler variants using Street Bouncer). You can play card-drawing decks which just explosively hand you cards and nothing else (Coco) or you can play card-drawing decks which let you manipulate the stack and offer you potential information about your triggers which the other player won't have access to (Tsukuyomi).

The thing is that at this point, Vanguard really only offers you those three- but it offers you multiple options for accomplishing each, and the challenge for the player is to find which ones (or which combination) is best suited for them and which clans offer that.

And for the record, I prefer aggression. I'm fond of the multi-attack decks, but my heart belongs with the Paladins because they suit my aesthetic tastes better.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:37

This should really be "what is your preferred playstyle" since different clans will play differently by nature. If you ask me what my playstyle is, my answer will depend on what deck I'm currently using. I typically do pick aggressive damage-seeking decks though. Megacolony trolling is going to be really fun, however.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:49

ScarletWeather wrote:
If you can't answer what clan(s) you do it with, you can't really call it your preferred playstyle yet in this game imo.

Poll seems weird- "Stalling" and "Trolling" are both kind of odd concepts in this game because every clan which I could think of being keyed to those would be better filed under "control" or "hand advantage", and "surprises" seems a little nebulous.

Vanguard really has three broad flavors of how to play a deck:

-Attack lots/attack many times/attack for lots many times
-Draw more cards than your opponent can take away
-Control via restricting your opponent's resources or access to them
geez,sorry for the poll choices! i just left yugioh lol. I am still trying to understand this game, but thanks for the input! ill be sure to use this list for my future notes! ^_^
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:53

In any given game I'm typically a defensive player. This is why I was initially drawn to Angel Feather. I love having units boosted by the damage zone. Cases where I can bite one damage, screwing up all of my opponents subsequent attacks, are incredibly amusing. Also, there's a lot of shuffling between my and hand and the damage zone, which adds a layer of confusion, if the opponents doesn't know the AF mechanics (which is a surprising amount online due to it being a "girly" deck -_-)

Also, in case you couldn't tell from my username and avatar, healers are my favorite archetype.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:54

Alice wrote:
This should really be "what is your preferred playstyle" since different clans will play differently by nature. If you ask me what my playstyle is, my answer will depend on what deck I'm currently using. I typically do pick aggressive damage-seeking decks though. Megacolony trolling is going to be really fun, however.
hehe yeah i was beginning to think i screwed up on the name. But I am looking forward to megacolony aswell! They'll add a preety awsome twist to the game!
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:57

CyprusWHM wrote:
Also, in case you couldn't tell from my username and avatar, healers are my favorite archetype.

I can't tell the difference between that character being from Final Fantasy 3 or Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.
Leaning towards 3. I know I've seen him somewhere.
Hnnnnng.
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-13, 23:59

Traesive wrote:
CyprusWHM wrote:

I can't tell the difference between that character being from Final Fantasy 3 or Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.
Hnnnnng.

Haha, it's Ingus of FFIII. I actually meant his White Mage garb more than the character himself.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 00:00

CyprusWHM wrote:
Traesive wrote:
CyprusWHM wrote:

Hnnnnng.

Haha, it's Ingus of FFIII. I actually meant his White Mage garb more than the character himself.

Yeah, I know. But he looked so familiar D:<
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 00:19

CyprusWHM wrote:
Traesive wrote:
CyprusWHM wrote:

Hnnnnng.

*FF3DS
Fixed that for you. FF3 has no named protagonists.
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 00:31

Alice wrote:
CyprusWHM wrote:
Traesive wrote:
CyprusWHM wrote:

Hnnnnng.

*FF3DS
Fixed that for you. FF3 has no named protagonists.

Ah, you got me there! *Puts thread back on rails, backs out quietly*
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 00:42

I'm a Kagero player, so I should be more of the control type. I'm actually more of the aggressive type, so I try to do rushes as much as possible with Kagero. Unfortunately, Kagero is more defensive than offensive, so rushes weren't that possible. I've learned to adapt with control, so now I'm a mix of two styles.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 07:22

Traesive wrote:
Control. Snipe their back row, pressure them to guard since if my attack hits, something precious of theirs will die, pick off their peons and let them choose between weaker/ less attacks the next turn, or lower their defenses.
One bad move could be fatal for the opponent, and that what makes Kagero so beautiful.

Hand advantage would be OTT and Bermuda.
Control is Kagero and Megacolony (that making them not be able to stand gimmick that sucks)
If you want a mix of both, Kagero + Nubatamaaaa. Unless you interpret hand control completely different from hand advantage.
I think i might try out the Kagetama's! and i'm still waiting for the murakumos to come out next year so i could see them in action tcgwise.
Thank you for your input!
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 07:26

CyprusWHM wrote:
In any given game I'm typically a defensive player. This is why I was initially drawn to Angel Feather. I love having units boosted by the damage zone. Cases where I can bite one damage, screwing up all of my opponents subsequent attacks, are incredibly amusing. Also, there's a lot of shuffling between my and hand and the damage zone, which adds a layer of confusion, if the opponents doesn't know the AF mechanics (which is a surprising amount online due to it being a "girly" deck -_-)

You are the first person I've meet that actually admitted they were a healer type. Kudos! And i understand the love/hate you get for using a girly deck. Its not your fault that the clan has barely any guys. :o
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 08:00

I'm more of the defensive type, yet I'm not one to sacrifice offense because of that. that's why I maintain Tachikaze is a DON.

I'm playtesting Raptors alongside Deathrex as a backup plan with Skyptero and Blightops. Hand's massive, attacking ability's good; what's not to love about them?

If not using Tachikaze, I like to try and win via card advantage; I'm not the sort to press for damage advantage usually. That's why I was drawn to Nova Grappler. Aggressive, yet can be adapted to win via two ways.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 08:38

I really like Stern, Reijy, and Spikes because I can damage out the ass. Reijy ducks under Limit Breaks. Stern forces mad guard and takes any opening to insta-game. Spikes can make a game ending play in one turn that can't be prevented.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 14:16

I like Aggro (Spikes, Stern Blaukruger, Zeal), and Stalling/Card Advantage decks.

I think I'm better at the latter. I also like clans that can mix these two partially. Great Natue for example can play conservatively and get some card advantage by using limited counterblasts, stands. Then it can throw down everything on a final turn.

I also really like Musketeer Neo-Nectars. They manage to stall with relatively free intercepts, and set up a stupidly consistent field.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 16:03

Pummel into submission. Right now, playing Stand Goku(Using Waterfall to make up for endgame weakness.) and basically, it's about putting my opponent in a bad position by CONTINUALLY removing rearguards, boosters with Goku and using Stands to hit beaters(And Dragonic Overlord being the SINGLE GREATEST STAND TRIGGER TARGET IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!! YESSSSS!!!!) and just ramping up the pressure in every way possible. Basically, fighting me is a nightmare if you aren't OTT. I actually think I could beat Crossrides effectively with this thing, even DOTE. Why? Because, I subvert their normal 13k defenses advantage by hitting everything else, meaning they can guard or call, but not both. Pressure baby, Pressure.
Back to top Go down
NavyCherub

NavyCherub

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 16:29

In most games I'm more control-oriented, but in this game I feel like information is so readily available, especially if you play with certain decks (Tsukuyomi) that if you play correctly your playstyle can be a mix that changes as the gamestate changes.
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-14, 18:09

There needs to be a 20K+ column style.
Back to top Go down
Another Leather Lung

Another Leather Lung

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-16, 00:05

Minimizing misplays.

It's hard to pick. I like winning as fast as possible, while trying to keep as many cards as possible for defense and field pressure. The more turns your opponent has the bigger chance they have at staging a comeback.

This highly depends on the game your playing.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty2012-11-16, 02:08

There is no attrition.

Not for me though. I hate using attrition, or rather it hates me.

I sorta like Aggressive playstyles with a mix of control. Control though is a rather weaker aspect that I look for though because I tend to be able to just plain outthink a certain amount of decks players use due to my experience in...close to everything actually. So I guess mostly just aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playstyles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstyles   Playstyles Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstyles
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Newbie Lounge-
Jump to: