Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megacolony builds.

Go down 
+2
Lockon Stratos
Kirosnefakman
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 10:46

Giraffa

Grades 0
x1 Larva Mutant Giraffa
x4 Medical Combatant Lamprey
x4 Sharpnel Scorpio
x4 Sonic Cicada (Shelter Beetle when BT01 arrives)
x4 Raider Mantis

Total: 17

Grades 1
x4 Pupa Mutant Giraffa
x4 Phantom Black
x4 Paralyze Madonna
x2 Megacolony Combatant B
x2 Stealth Millipede

Total: 16

Grades 2
x4 Elite Mutant Giraffa
x2 Tail Jaw
x2 Lady Bomb

Total: 8

Grades 3
x4 Evil Armor General, Giraffa
x3 Martial Arts Mutant, Master Beetle
x2 Violent Vesper

Total: 9

Limit Break

Grades 0
x1 Megacolony Battler C
x4 Medical Combatant Lamprey
x4 Sharpnel Scorpio
x4 Sonic Cicada (Shelter Beetle when BT01 arrives)
x4 Raider Mantis

Total: 17

Grades 1
x2 Karma Queen
x4 Paralyze Madonna
x2 Stealth Millipede
x3 Machining Mosquito
x3 Megacolony Combatant B

Total: 14

Grades 2
x3 Toxic Trooper
x4 Tail Jaw
x4 Lady Bomb

Total: 11

Grades 3
x4 Martial Arts Mutant Master Beetle
x3 Master Fraude
x1 Hell Spider

Total: 8

Last edited by Kirosnefakman on 2013-02-25, 13:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 16:00

Okay, assuming the lack of max PGs is due to not having them, what are you doing running Roly Poly? Unless you don't HAVE a Bloody Hercules, I don't see why you'd ever run it. He doesn't really help Megacolony, as he lacks muscle which you WILL need and MC CAN provide. They extort, bribe and blackmail when they can, but when it comes right down to it, you're going to need to break some legs to get the job done, which is the main reason I'd say get rid of Vesper, who is in the same boat as Roly Poly but worse, as you are stuck with her unless you minus yourself, which kind of defeats the purpose of her. On the Giraffa build, the one I have the most experience with, I'd ditch Roly Poly for an extra Elite(You REALLY want to ride him, as his effect is very good.) and more Tail Jaw, my love for this beater is immeasureable. Basically a free 11k, OR a free extra stage of guard because my opponent didn't boost? Oooh baby, give me that centipede. Other than that, everything else seems to be a matter of preference. You want more beatdown? Ditch the webbers(Ugh, 1 CB away from being truly useful.) and add more power. Or stick with what you got if you like the control.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 16:11

I'm a defensive player. Roly Poly is good, and almost always is boosted by Phantom Black. Tell me, what difference makes 19k over 16k? Except against crossrides, none. I like having extra guards, it saved me. Really.

As for Vespa, I'm thinking of getting rid of her in Megablast build, but in Giraffa? She works pretty well there. She gives you the 2nd sacrifice to use with Evil Armor General by the cost of nothing. Except the possibility of pulling out a trigger. And if you're afraid of having to ride her, it's not likely. Even she's the only grade 3 you could pull even after the mulligan, you still could have a Pupa Mutant to exchange her with Evil Armor General.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 16:59

Giraffa: Your deck is trying to do way too much and doesn't do anything in particular very reliably. Vesper is fine because it works with Giraffa. You're violating a CORE deckbuilding tenet when you leave out 4 Perfect Guards in any deck. Put 4. If you want a ride chain, also run 4 of each thing. Your deck does enough without wasting Giraffa's counterblast on Karma and Lady Bomb. If you don't have 2 CB open at all times then Giraffa is completely non-threatening. Just remove Iron Cutter Beetle from the list entirely since he's pretty much useless. Splitting Tail Joe and Rolly Poly is fine, but also having Toxic Troopers really spreading yourself thin.
+1 Elite
+2 Paralyze Madonna
-2 Lady Bomb
-2 Karma Queen
At least.

The rest of the builds:
Limit Break shouldn't exist. Giraffa does the job better than Fraude (check my build which has Master Beetle)
Megablast should be identical to my build if you want my advice.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 17:20

I put Lady Bomb and Karma Queen because I really like the ''you'll not stand'' thing, and I wouldn't use Giraffa's skill more than once in a battle. In very late game with both at 5 damage Giraffa's attack won't hit and calling Lady Bomb/Karma Queen then is pretty useful. I don't think I need more than 3 Elite, since it's likely to ride Pupa Mutant and get him. Also, I did that to have 2 copies of other G2 in deck (Toxic Trooper is obviously better than Elite in rg). As for the Perfect Guards, I don't have much money. Megacolony is the only clan where I'll run perfect guards just because it's my favourite clan, and two of them is enough sacrifice to my wallet. If in my booster box/sets I get more Paralyze Madonna, I'll put them.

I made the Limit Break more as a fun deck (I really LOVE Master Beetle and Fraude) than a competitive deck (I think it's sorta good anyway).
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 17:33

I doubt the MC perfect will go over $8. Like when I started getting into Spike Bros months ago when most people didn't care for them got Marilyns for $7.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 17:44

32$ (or €, in my country) is a lot for me. That's why I'll make the Giraffa build the last, I'll be saving money for that xD.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 18:04

Alice wrote:
Giraffa: Your deck is trying to do way too much and doesn't do anything in particular very reliably. Vesper is fine because it works with Giraffa. You're violating a CORE deckbuilding tenet when you leave out 4 Perfect Guards in any deck. Put 4. If you want a ride chain, also run 4 of each thing. Your deck does enough without wasting Giraffa's counterblast on Karma and Lady Bomb. If you don't have 2 CB open at all times then Giraffa is completely non-threatening. Just remove Iron Cutter Beetle from the list entirely since he's pretty much useless. Splitting Tail Joe and Rolly Poly is fine, but also having Toxic Troopers really spreading yourself thin.
+1 Elite
+2 Paralyze Madonna
-2 Lady Bomb
-2 Karma Queen
At least.

The rest of the builds:
Limit Break shouldn't exist. Giraffa does the job better than Fraude (check my build which has Master Beetle)
Megablast should be identical to my build if you want my advice.

...Why would you run extra Elite?

It's a type-1 Ride Chain, so the G1 will automatically search for the G2. Unless you're really determined to have the 11k for Giraffa, but even then that's dedicating yourself to running 4x 9k vanilla for very little in the way of payoff.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 18:13

Because Scarlet, there are few options, although the pair of Lady Bombs is actually not that bad of an idea. I mean, I don't believe you really NEED 4 of the G2, and as rears, Lady Bomb does give you options, and we all know what happens when you have options.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 18:49

@Scarlet, because you REALLY REALLY want to ride it. Even if you fail the 56% chance to get the Grade 1, you really want to ride that guy. The other reason is because Megacolony doesn't have very good Grade 2 in their lineup. There's really no raisin to use anything other than Tail Joe or Toxics in your G2 other than Elite. At least for now and in that build.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 19:36

Alice wrote:
@Scarlet, because you REALLY REALLY want to ride it. Even if you fail the 56% chance to get the Grade 1, you really want to ride that guy. The other reason is because Megacolony doesn't have very good Grade 2 in their lineup. There's really no raisin to use anything other than Tail Joe or Toxics in your G2 other than Elite. At least for now and in that build.

Oh right. I forgot this was Megacolony.

I'm spoiled. Too damn used to there being better options for anything.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 20:46

Yeeeeep :V

But at least it's...Megacolony! Which means the small amount of choice you do have can lead you to winning if you know how to use it.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-02, 20:53

Kirosnefakman wrote:
32$ (or €, in my country) is a lot for me. That's why I'll make the Giraffa build the last, I'll be saving money for that xD.
Just realized you posted this. So you live in a European country wherein 32 Euros would be "too much". We all know that values tend to be dollar to euro by 1:1 because companies and second hand markets are retarded and forget that euros are a different value. So $42 USD equivalent in price is "a lot" for a deck. So I'm looking for a country in Europe with a different disparity than the US for disposable income. That alone would not give me enough information, but having read some of your posts and had interactions with you in PMs, I can assume that your First Language is Spanish with reasonable certainty. Other candidates would be French or Italian, but I lean Spanish. Having narrowed it down to three native country languages, and knowing that France and Italy have the higher income equality over Spain, I logically conclude that you are from Spain.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-03, 10:24

Alice wrote:
Kirosnefakman wrote:
Just realized you posted this. So you live in a European country wherein 32 Euros would be "too much". We all know that values tend to be dollar to euro by 1:1 because companies and second hand markets are retarded and forget that euros are a different value. So $42 USD equivalent in price is "a lot" for a deck. So I'm looking for a country in Europe with a different disparity than the US for disposable income. That alone would not give me enough information, but having read some of your posts and had interactions with you in PMs, I can assume that your First Language is Spanish with reasonable certainty. Other candidates would be French or Italian, but I lean Spanish. Having narrowed it down to three native country languages, and knowing that France and Italy have the higher income equality over Spain, I logically conclude that you are from Spain.

Yes, I live in Spain ._.

Spain's economycal situation and the fact that I'm not even 18 years old (so I can't really earn money by myself) don't give a lot of money for spend on cards.

PS: My first language is not spanish.
PS2: What revealed me as a spanish speaker? o.o

Edit: As for the decks, Lady Bombs and Karma Queens gives possibilities in late game, as I said. I had 4 Elite Mutant and 7 grades 3 in the list before, but some days ago I had a tournament where I played with 7 G3 and I misrode in every fight.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-03, 12:18

Just noticing the way you use English is often enough to tell what your native/most common language is. Like when I was Quebec a couple years ago they were way too careful about pronouncing words, so talking with them took forever, lol.

But I could never justify units like Karma and Lady just because I felt their effects were over-costed and it bugged me. (Heh, bugged).
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-03, 12:40

In late game they're justificated completely. Let's say your rival has a very valuable grade 3 rg in field (wich is likely) and you're both at 5 damage. The only cb you would use in Giraffa deck is Giraffa itself, and since it's a vg skill and an on-hit one, it won't hit unless you win with that attack. Then you call Karma Queen for a 7k booster and activate his skill. Now, in his next turn, he has an useless rested grade 3 in field. If he replaces it, you could considerate Karma Queen's skill like Blaster Blade's, and if he lets his unit there resting for 1 turn, he looses an attack. Loosing an attack in late game is definetly not good.

And if you don't use Queen's skill, it's still a 7k booster.

All the above it's also for Lady Bomb.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-03, 14:02

Yes, good point, but you do realize this does completely screw over Millipede and Tail Jaw, correct? Why? Booster would still stand, and would not end up resting, so Tail Jaw gets brought back down to 8k pansy, and you don't even get the extra 5k intercept like you do with Roly Poly, and Millipede is a 6k one. Not good, as, again, Megacolony needs its power units, so if you ARE playing the webbers get some Bloody Hercules in there, at least you can't accidentaly screw yourself over with him.

So, and you ARE going to hear this, not necessarily HEED it, but you WILL hear it, get max PGs, core deckbuilding principle and is indisputable. Now, from me, ditch Roly Poly and add more power. Megacolony control needs MC power, so as to make the most of those webber's skill, by putting pressure on the hand, thus making them hesitant to minus themselves in order to replace the webbed units, making it more likely that you will just have to work with about 2 attacks, although Nova Grapplers and Aqua Force will STILL give you a headache, Aqua Force not as much cause "Oh look, your Storm Rider can't stand, no 4 attacks for you" but you get my point. And look at me, I'm completely on a tangent so I'm going to stop now.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-03, 14:19

Vs Nova Grappler (specially Death Army) I won't overuse or even use Queen/Bomb's skill. I'm not stupid. That's why I'm not reliant on them. I'll use it if I need to. If i don't, it's no deal, I don't need it to win. I don't know why people like so hard Tail Jaw. It's good, but 2 of them it's enough. Especially if I can put some extra shields there. As I said, having a column with Tail Jaw + Phantom Black = Roly Poly + Phantom Black. 19k against 16k. Except against crossrides, it makes 0 difference. As for the Stealth Millipede thing, well, I see it like this: I get -4000 attack to save 10000 defense (usually). The Counter Blast, since it's late game and I wouldn't use it for anything else, it doesn't really matters to me.

As for the Perfect Guards, I already said it. I can't afford them. If I could, I'd probably run 4. But I can't.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-03, 16:39

That's true, they are good in late game. However, their skills aren't ACT, they're on-call. If they were act, it'd be great and you could just sit on them till then. But instead you have to call them only in late game. I'd rather have something that helps me a bit more often. Now if this was some non-giraffa build where I wasn't hurting for CB all the time, I'd load up on those two cards and ignore their skills till I absolutely need them. I've been thinking of builds where it can work too.

Also I could guess that your language was Latin-based because of the specific mistakes you were making. They were mistakes that anyone who speaks English secondarily to a Latin-based language would make. In particular, Spanish speakers typically make them the most often and Italians the least often.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-03, 16:51

Roly Poly makes open slots after intercepting, and there's where Karma Queen/Lady Bomb comes (boosted by Phantom Black, Karma Queen is acceptable attacking, except you're fighting a 11k vg). Anyways, as I said, if I don't use their skills, they're still 7k and 9k, wich is not bad. I still don't think a 4th Elite Mutant is required, so I'll keep it like this. However, I respect all of your opinions.

PS: If I make a huge mistake, please feel free to correct me. I'm studying english and that would help a lot e.e
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-07, 18:47

Limit Break and Giraffa decks updated.

Megacolony Combatant B in BT04 is a really good surprise. I got rid of those Karma Queen and added those lovely bees instead. Also, Roly Polys are not longer in Giraffa deck, since there are more chances to get a 14k column and that's not good.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-07, 19:11

The huge mistake is: STOP USING ON-CALL TRAPPERS IN GIRAFFA. This is not a hard concept. Giraffa demands all your CB otherwise he has no pressure and no use.

Trappers can have their own build now that we are getting Combatant B. I'll have an analysis up probably tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-07, 20:23

As I said, personally I wouldn't use Giraffa's skill more than once in a cf. And, Lady Bomb is there to appear in late game, when the opponent's at 5 damage and Giraffa will SURELY not activate his skill. I have to test that in real cf though. I'm often mind-closed until I see things by myself e.e
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-08, 17:27

You...you just don't get it. It's not about using his skill. It's about threatening to use it. Unless they want to waste precious copies of their deck's good boosters that they may not be able to even replace, they have to guard Giraffa so long as you have 2 open CB. You don't even have to use the skill. You just need the open counterblast. The reason you want all the CB for Giraffa is that eventually they might no-guard him, you can wipe their boosters and still put on the pressure. So unless they just want to have no boosters all game, they have to guard Giraffa. It only works if you can back up Giraffa's threat.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty2012-12-08, 17:32

But still, Lady Bomb's good when you're both at 5 damage, when they won't let Giraffa's attack in (obviously). There are no more good g2 Megacolony to put in anyway, so I'll keep it that way unless someday I see that Bombs do really nothing there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Megacolony builds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megacolony builds.   Megacolony builds. Empty

Back to top Go down

Megacolony builds.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next