Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights

Go down 
+30
Rider Kick
BlackManticore
zawarudo
Redbeastmage
HerO
Donkay
LittleFighterFox
Some Gamer Dude
VesperGhoul
alexander.stone88
smellmybox
Pcyborg
FoodForThought
ShinkenRed
Omnigeek
DragonāˆžBlade
gettineggywithit
haxie-kun
Kaji Motomiya
Lockon Stratos
Kirosnefakman
Tryston
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
3XXXDDD
Klaus
Traesive
TehNACHO
ScarletWeather
Alice
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 00:40

How quickly you forget how dangerous that can be in the hands of the vanguard. If the player were fairly smart about how they did it, they would attack with the vanguard last during that turn. As a result, the only logical choice to give trigger effects to becomes the vanguard, so the opponent has to suddenly decide if he/she thinks one or zero triggers will come during the attack and may be forced to overguard to compensate for that.
Back to top Go down
Xroshawk

Xroshawk

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 00:52

I still love Ethics Buster, and will kill all the players who call it shit, because Nova Grapplers are so cool and boss :D
Also, if a player is smart about when and how they use the Break Ride, it can be pretty devastating to the opponent's hand.

Edit:
Ethics Buster might not be an on-hit skill, but just an attack and stand skill, AWESOME :D
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 01:17

Omnigeek wrote:
How quickly you forget how dangerous that can be in the hands of the vanguard. If the player were fairly smart about how they did it, they would attack with the vanguard last during that turn. As a result, the only logical choice to give trigger effects to becomes the vanguard, so the opponent has to suddenly decide if he/she thinks one or zero triggers will come during the attack and may be forced to overguard to compensate for that.

If your opponent has Ethics then save a perfect. And of course the vanguard would attack last if you didn't want the entire fucking effect to be wasted. The fact is unless it hits then it doesn't make up for the -1 you get by riding over it, assuming your opponent isn't brain dead or super unlucky not to get a perfect. Other break rides most definitely do make up for the -1 and then some.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 01:22

Epideme wrote:
Welp. Ethics Buster's Ride Break needs to hit the vanguard. Pretty shit compared to others.
This is wrong as it is written. What you need to express is that you have to wait until late game and hit. And that doesn't make it shit, it just makes it winmore (hitting with the van in late game already gives a huge chance to win, standing front rows is just winmore). Saving a perfect is great and all, but this game is really just devolving into who doesn't get screwed out of their perfect guards at 4 damage. Also it makes the game stupidly abusable by having powerful vanguard effects in midgame like Stern, Giraffa, and Eclipse.

That's really the shit part.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 04:07

Back to top Go down
AbysmalDragon

AbysmalDragon

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 05:22

When it attacks the Vanguard, just like Illuminal Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 05:44

Wow, I was nearly right.

Disappointing, I thought it'd be slightly more broken. So, pretty much not a reason to not use Iluminal Dragon, basically.

Last edited by Lich_Lord_Fortissimo on 2013-02-07, 05:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 05:46

Previous statement retracted then. It's now alright.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 06:30

Alright?

2 RG attacks. Stern attacks, then hits. Stern stands, as does the front row. Front row attacks. Stern attacks and hits again. Front row stands again, and attacks again.

9 attacks in one Battle Phase is gut-wrenching.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 10:58

I have yet to see what Ethics Buster even does.
::After searching::
Nevermind, I see what he does. Wow, just wow. He just has to attack not even hit for his effect to go off. I can't wait to team him up with Yamata Drake!
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 16:42

Not as bad as Spectral Duke because he doesn't have to hit. Stern at least can be stopped by a perfect.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 17:05

Yeah I checked. It says "When this unit attacks a vanguard". That's pretty BS.

Epideme you better be saying that in jest to make fun of bad players.
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-07, 22:50

I like how Kitsune is actually right about something for once. With Ethics Buster, Riot Horn, Hatred Chaos, Illuminal and Anglet, the old Asura Kaiser/Azure Dragon deck is looking pretty lacking right about now.

I mean, look how unspecific it is!

Beast Deity that swings for 11+ on return+Blank Marsh/Ethics Buster+Tough Boy/Beast Deity that swings for 11 normally +Riot Horn. Nothing like a Death Army column. No need for 9 Grade 3. And thanks to Blank Marsh, you might be able to swing yet again, plus Beast Deity, Hatred Chaos + Riot Horn is a 21 swing whenever you hit a Stand.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-08, 00:51

Alice wrote:

I'd rather face a Stern ridden over Ethics Buster which can be stopped by a perfect than the other Break Rides. Spectral Duke over Goldcelot and Dragger in general is much scarier.
Back to top Go down
Kirosnefakman

Kirosnefakman

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-08, 17:33

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 427268_425962044153166_1460420382_n

Goddess of eternity Iwanagahime
G3 / POWER: 11000 / GUARD: 0
[Activate](V)<LB4>:{SB6} retire all your
opponent's RG in the front row
[Activate](V):{SB3} this unit gets POWER
+5000 during this turn
[Continuous](V/R): Lord
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-08, 17:42

Hmm, this Genesis seems very tricky. So far, Soulcharging seems to be in even numbers (like 2 or 4), which even DI don't have. Trying to be in phase regarding triggers seems really taxing...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-08, 19:03

Epideme wrote:
Alice wrote:

I'd rather face a Stern ridden over Ethics Buster which can be stopped by a perfect than the other Break Rides. Spectral Duke over Goldcelot and Dragger in general is much scarier.
The issue I took was you making Duke sound better than Stern.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-11, 10:34

Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-11, 11:24

Well, aside from the 10k the Break Ride effect doesn't seem that horrible. It's an effect, sure, but it's the first one with anything of a cost to it.
Back to top Go down
LittleFighterFox

LittleFighterFox

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-11, 18:06

There still is the 5000 power it gives to two other Genesis units.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-11, 21:08

Oh, I missed that part. I just saw the Soul Blast. Serves me right I guess for speaking about things I don't know about.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-11, 21:54

Im actually really excited for this set, I love the Jewel Knights though I'm not sure if Im going to use the Break Ride.
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-11, 23:51

You pretty much need Ashlei unless the release a third Grade 3 Jewel Knight, as Salome requires four or more RG Jewel Knights to be on the field for her Limit Break skill to activate.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-12, 00:46

Salome seems pretty bad though since she can't break 20 consistently without hurting her chances of getting 4 Jewel Knights.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty2013-02-12, 06:50

Epideme wrote:
Salome seems pretty bad though since she can't break 20 consistently without hurting her chances of getting 4 Jewel Knights.

> Non-Vanilla Limit Breaker
> Not getting a Personal Booster :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights   BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

BT-10 Triumphant Return of the King of Knights
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next