Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sting Operation (Aqua Force Casual Build- BT09 meta)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Sting Operation (Aqua Force Casual Build- BT09 meta) Empty
PostSubject: Sting Operation (Aqua Force Casual Build- BT09 meta)   Sting Operation (Aqua Force Casual Build- BT09 meta) Empty2012-12-29, 23:03

Grade 0

1x Officer Cadet, Asteria
4x Mothership Intelligence (Critical Trigger)
3x Dolphin Soldier of HIgh-Speed Raids (Stand Trigger)
4x Blue Dragon Soldier of Pyroxene Ray (Stand Trigger)
1x Deck Sweeper (Critical Trigger)
4x Medical Officer, Rainbow Remedy (Heal Trigger)

Grade 1

4x Tear Knight, Theo
4x Emerald Shield, Paschal
3x Tear Knight, Cyprus
3x Accelerated Commando

Grade 2

3x Storm Rider, Basil
4x Tear Knight, Lazarus
3x Tear Knigt, Valeria
3x Coral Assault
1x Storm Rider, Damon

Grade 3

3x NavalGazer Dragon
2x Tri-Stinger Dragon
3x General of Wave-Like Spirals, Benedict

Basically it's a casual build I started messing around with on BYOND for matches with friends, and got hooked using. The idea is basically to screw Maelstrom and use the two Aqua Force bosses not named Glory who only need you to hit the normal quotient of attacks in a turn, while still taking advantage of "chipping" as a nice little bonus with units like Benedict and Basil. The deck's most obvious problem is, of course, its tendency to fall apart when the opponent's Vanguard is anything higher than 10k, but Tri-Stinger and Commando give me ways around that. Another nice little benefit is Asteria, who shows up early and adds pressure. I decided to eschew draws and slant stand-heavy with criticals as a minor trigger because while you basically need at least some critical with this deck in order to force the opponent to the point where your chipping strategies are most effective, once I move later into the game the more times I can attack and take away at least one card, the better.

The biggest problem with the deck right now, aside from 11k-is-too-much, is that it's very hard to come back from a bad position. Either you get ahead and stay ahead, or your best efforts are probably too little, too late. Does anyone have suggestions for unit choices which could mitigate this, or streamline some of the straggler cards I haven't bothered changing out for the sake of consistency yet?
Back to top Go down
Pcyborg

Pcyborg

Sting Operation (Aqua Force Casual Build- BT09 meta) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting Operation (Aqua Force Casual Build- BT09 meta)   Sting Operation (Aqua Force Casual Build- BT09 meta) Empty2013-01-20, 23:53

I'd run 4 Basils regardless. I dont see the point in playing Damon since you have to CB to swap him and unless he has a trigger or a power add he probably cant hit the opposing VG.

I dont really like NavalGazer. To use his skill, your opponent is ether stupid, or just wiped out of resources or you have to all in your triggers. Even if you do stand 2 units, it has to be a column with a booster or something which hits 10K minimum. Your G2 lineup is basically not gonna hit the VG unless he has some RG for you to kill. I'd actually run more Tri-Stingers instead.

If I want an early rush, I'd swap some Cyprus for the G1 ver of Damon for some early rush if allowed.
Back to top Go down

Sting Operation (Aqua Force Casual Build- BT09 meta)
Page 1 of 1