Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs

Go down 
+27
3XXXDDD
Omnigeek
Some Gamer Dude
jman5x
The King of Hearts
Featherine
TwinPsionic
Edalborez
Hexagon
Donkay
Klaus
VesperGhoul
alexander.stone88
Werekill
LeEdenWeiss
Redbeastmage
DragonāˆžBlade
Kaji Motomiya
WingZero
Traesive
Alice
Shadowbane
AbysmalDragon
smellmybox
Kirosnefakman
Epideme
Chestnut_Rice
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
WingZero

WingZero

Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 16:38

I wish you could sleeve your cards and doodle on them or something to make them personal and creative, but that can't happen for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 18:21

doodle on the card, or on the sleeve? I know some people who either make proxys or card alterations with magic cards (obviously just for casual play) but altering sleeves will prolly get someone claiming rigged deck.

Last edited by alexander.stone88 on 2013-01-10, 18:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 18:28

Of course doodle on the sleeve. Like I personally cant draw (Worth Shit) but I would definitely pay someone to draw on a set of white sleeves for me or something. Like Feath(erine). He added in a picture of Bunny-Aichi in our trade :P
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 18:36

I would rather just get fanart drawn on normal paper (can be easier on the artist as well) and see if there is any place that makes custom card sleeves online.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 18:42

That process sounds much more expensive, but still legit.
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 18:52

expensive, but worth it.and trust me, it could be much worse. the thing some people don't realize.sleeving one or 2 decks isn't all that expensive.but when you have to sleeve a large number of cards, it can get pricey, and time consuming
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 19:51

WingZero wrote:
Of course doodle on the sleeve. Like I personally cant draw (Worth Shit) but I would definitely pay someone to draw on a set of white sleeves for me or something. Like Feath(erine). He added in a picture of Bunny-Aichi in our trade :P
Enjoy pen marks on the card below the sleeve.

alexander.stone88 wrote:
I would rather just get fanart drawn on normal paper (can be easier on the artist as well) and see if there is any place that makes custom card sleeves online.
Any of the actually few places that do it, will require you to have a run of 1700+ PACKS of sleeves. That can cost hundreds. I know that's Legion's minimum limit (last I checked)
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 20:02

ouch.well, 1700x50 is only 85000 sleeves.I'm certain I can find a use for all of them.jk.I'm assuming legion only does by 50s, or do they go by 100 like dragon shields?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-10, 20:15

I don't remember. I believe minis are printed by 50s.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-11, 22:34

alexander.stone88 wrote:
So, if the king of g invented sleeves, how did tace jelleran get some to show? or did he use the time rift over bollarian acadimy to go back and forward in time to do so?

Nope, he played a game Shadow Game with Picol Dolas, who went to the Alternate Dimension to get them from the past, when they weren't invented yet. And wow it's kind of just a really long time loop you could write a whole book about it, which I read. So yea.
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-11, 22:51

Picol Dolas wouldnt just give them up though.and tace couldn't win against him. he would just omnom all the teal magic and tace would be useless.also, is it bad I'm so used to using there proper names, I had to triple proof read this?
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-12, 00:48

No but you see the Shadow Game was Vanguard and typical Picol Dolas wanted to use his grey magic to move the cards in his deck around so he'd get double crits and stuff but then Tace was like NOPE YOU CHEATED so he got the kick-ass sleeves as a reward and Picol was just like "what ever man" and conjured some Player's Choice.
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-12, 01:30

picol doesn't need to cheat though.he just chomps on people like cigars (actually said in a book)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-12, 03:13

What the fuck am I reading?

...what does this even have to do with sleeves
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-12, 03:16

It was a joke towards the innitial post, that some way or another evolved into its own conversation.if its continued, which is doubtful, it will probobly be done so in pm.sorry for that, alice.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-14, 19:33

Question, what's the difference between Dragon Shield Standard and Mini?

Are Mini for games like CFV and Yu-Gi-Oh instead of those big-sized ones like Magic and Pokemon?
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-14, 20:03

Yeah, Mini Sleeves are CFV and Yugioh. :P

Also, Yay, I just ordered some Asaka and Operator Girl Mik sleeves, trying to find some of the Misaki mini Vol 4's.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-14, 21:02

Kaji Motomiya wrote:

Are Mini for games like CFV and Yu-Gi-Oh instead of those big-sized ones like Magic and Pokemon?
From my experience, not much. The minis do seem a bit less PVC-y, which I wouldn't rate as a good thing. Though it could just be the particular style of this one.
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-14, 21:14

Kaji Motomiya wrote:

its primaraly how well they fit the card.oddly, vanguard seem even smaller then yugi.

anyways, many people don't think its an issue, but it can be.large sleeves with small cards tend to lead to warping on sleeve corners.this could be seen as a marked decj, and a dq
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-16, 01:10

I myself use solid color"mini" sized sleeves, which are slightly smaller than the standard size for YGO, and a perfect fit for CFV. Although as the thread creator mentioned dragon shields offer a lot of bank for your buck since it's 100 sleeves for only about 10-12 buck, and they're very good quality. (Although my shop only carries magic sized ones which are a little big. :/ )
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-16, 01:42

alexander.stone88 wrote:
vanguard seem even smaller then yugi.

YGO cards have square corners. The corners on Vanguard are more rounded. That's why they seem smaller, but otherwise they're exactly the same dimensions.
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-16, 14:48

found out the brand name of the sleeves used to test my cube.they are in fact KMCs. they seem a bit thinner then dragonshields, but have been tested to be durable.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-18, 15:41

Chestnut_Rice wrote:
alexander.stone88 wrote:
vanguard seem even smaller then yugi.

YGO cards have square corners. The corners on Vanguard are more rounded. That's why they seem smaller, but otherwise they're exactly the same dimensions.
This.Yep.
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-18, 17:58

Wish I could remember where I got these nice opaque gray sleeves at or what brand they are.

The ones I use for my DP deck are getting rather haggard, so should probably replace them at some point.

Though I do hold onto sleeves for a long time. Still use these red sleeves from '98 in MtG decks. Still function, just kind of cloudy.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty2013-01-18, 18:25

DP in opaque gray would be neat. Those are basically never even sold anymore. I remember it was either Player's Choice or some off brand but from a much longer time ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs   Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeves: the Unsung Heroes of TCGs
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next