Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My shadowdin Deck list.

Go down 
+2
VesperGhoul
simplyvanguard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

My shadowdin Deck list. Empty
PostSubject: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-20, 14:57

this week i topped my locals with my new shadow pally deck list.
There should be deck profiles on my friends vanguard channels.
Dominoparis21 and zachzag.

Grade 0
Fullbau (starter)
4 of each trigger

Grade 1
4 Blaster Javelin
4 Black Sage, Charon
3 Dark Shield (perfect guard)
3 GARURUBAU!!!!!!

Grade 2
2 10k vanilla
2 Blaster Dark
4 Cursed Lancer
3 Skull Witch Nemain

Grade 3
2 Blaster Dragon
3 Illdona
3 Dark Mage, Badhadh Caar.

It runs really consistently and has options that allow for flexibility against certain decks. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-20, 15:15

First of all, lol at dat Garurubau.

I recommend going 8 crit, 4 draws, and 4 heals. Since Peanut Butter Dragon gives a lot of power with his effect if you decide to use it, combined with a drive checked crit, you potentially can end the game even if they pg if by giving it to RG.

Also it kind of makes me sad that there is no Macha. :(
Back to top Go down
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-20, 15:26

I can't run 8 crits ATM this is pre set 5. And macha is to counter blast heavy for illdona..
And this deck is about consistency. dragon is there as tech an options against some decks. The main thing about this deck is +ing using nemain, caar and illdona to build hand advantage for late game.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-20, 19:41

simplyvanguard wrote:
And macha is to counter blast heavy for illdona..

I dunno if I agree with that. I run 2 Macha in my Ildona build simply because I like having the option. The 10k vanillas don't really help aside from calling extra Javelins, but you're most likely going to burn those with Ildona or Nemain anyway. Macha at least gives you the option to +1 and make a solid column immediately should you ever find yourself lacking in boosters, even if it does take away one of your Ildona LBs for the game. If anything I'd say she's more worth it just because her +1 allows you to keep another card in your hand to guard with, whereas Ildona is simply converting your cards on the field into cards in your hand. You'll have to replace them next turn regardless, so you're only gaining a temporary increase in shielding options whereas Macha is a free card. With 4 Cursed Lancer you should either be getting one or two back per game regardless or adding enough pressure to them already that Macha's extra column strength will just make it that much harder for them to endure.
It's obviously personal preference whether to use her or not, but I'd hardly say she doesn't fit into the deck just because of her cost. She's just that good.
Back to top Go down
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-20, 23:41

We have tested with both. I do like macha just not in this particular build. For my personal preference i rather have the cards in my hand as options then having them on field. Which is why i cringe every time i play Caar.
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-20, 23:54

I love how noone has pointed out the 3 Nemain. I'd suggest knocking her down to one. It's a good card, but you are SCREWED if you ride her. It would be best to toss two of them for two Macha (the Lancers will cover it, even if you use 3 Lancer 3 Macha). As for the 10k grade twos, I'd say to drop them entirely. That'll leave you with 9 Grade 2s, which is virtually 13 due to Fullbau/Javelin/Dark (the math doesn't lie). Lose them for a 4th copy of both Garurubau and Mac Lir (four perfect guards is ALWAYS the best. You lose NOTHING from running 4 and can always ride/call one if needed.). As for the Grade 3s, I'd say to get a 4th Ildona to replace one of the Caars. I'm not a far of Caar, but Javelin will keep you from having to ride it most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-20, 23:57

4 Perfect Guards.

Too many Nemains.

Too many badb catha.
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 00:52

I understood the 3 nemains, since they are a card that is card advantage when you take into account that nemain intercepts and can be used for Peanut Butter Dragon. Maybe down to 2 if you like her, I personally would run 2, and yes as Alice said you should run 4 mac lir.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 00:59

Considering the whole 8 grade 2s + 4 Javelin = 12 grade 2s logic, wouldn't that mean running 3 copies in a deck with 11 grade 2s is completely fine?
Back to top Go down
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 01:07

As for the 3 PG. We currently only have 3, to lazy to get the 4th. When i first saw this deck i asked the same questions. why no Macha and why 3 Catha. Then i tested (a lot) and played it at locals. Then i became a believer. The consistency and sheer amount of draw power rivals COCO. i managed to beat my team mates spike brothers deck is the last round of swiss. Not to mention that spike brothers deck, which was top 13 at NYC regional.

Its hard to explain. i can use the same argument for running 3 nemain. The likelihood of her being my vanguard is very slim due to javelin. I guess it comes down to personal preference. I like having options.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 02:05

smellmybox wrote:
Considering the whole 8 grade 2s + 4 Javelin = 12 grade 2s logic, wouldn't that mean running 3 copies in a deck with 11 grade 2s is completely fine?
Ah, I only glanced at it momentarily to see if there were overt issues. Yeah, this makes Nemain fine. Badbh Catha is a bit of a stretch though.
Back to top Go down
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 02:21

well for you lovers of peanut butter dragon why wouldn't run more catha. Seeing as hes a free +1? i mean sure hes 9 but the having 7 7k+ booster him hitting 16 is not hard and hitting 15 is a piece of cake.

Last edited by simplyvanguard on 2013-01-21, 02:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 02:31

I can see the 3 badda baddas working just because he's packing two dragons. He can always churn one into peanut butter with javelin if he's in danger of riding it.
Back to top Go down
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 02:35

Yup.
on paper it look meh but. but when i piloted it... O MAN i was in love.

honestly speaking just try it on beyond or proxy it.
I has the potential for magic numbers, its one of the most consistent decks i have every played and the hand advantage you get is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 08:51

Peanut Butter Donuts! XD
Your decklist reminds me of my Enigman build which only runs 2 Storm due to its reliance on being an 11k VG.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 09:02

simplyvanguard wrote:
well for you lovers of peanut butter dragon why wouldn't run more catha. Seeing as hes a free +1? i mean sure hes 9 but the having 7 7k+ booster him hitting 16 is not hard and hitting 15 is a piece of cake.
Been testing 4 PBD, 4 Catha based deck all day. It specifically runs on gaining as much advantage as possible, using Javelins to transform Cathas into PBDs so I don't ever ride it, and using Javelins to make up for extra Nemains. My findings are that PBD is garbage and stop using it. Even when the deck goes full advantage mode and ignores PBD's skill, it doesn't compete well against much of anything and ends up with bad fields (so Gold Paladin randoms). When it does transform bad fields into power, it just gets blocked and then raped. Basically PBD's skill is crap even when it's only a net -1. And without it, there's no field cleaner.

After this exhaustive round of testing, I'm ready to put PBD to sleep for good. Especially when it's getting buttraped by stuff like Giraffa, Reijy, and Pellinore Beat consistently.
Back to top Go down
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-21, 23:19

well here are 2 matched i did with my friend he was playing OTT. granted its not the best two games it does showcase Shadow pallies strengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVZcCE3z8M (game) 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obEwlNk37Hw (game) 2
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-22, 06:13

simplyvanguard wrote:
well here are 2 matched i did with my friend he was playing OTT. granted its not the best two games it does showcase Shadow pallies strengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVZcCE3z8M (game) 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obEwlNk37Hw (game) 2
I couldn't make it 3 minutes in. You guys mumble a lot and barely speak. Neither of you looked like you wanted to be there and at that camera angle, you should've been saying the card names as you play them.
Back to top Go down
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-22, 09:30

Thank you for the feedback
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-22, 16:40

Glad to offer assistance
Back to top Go down
simplyvanguard

simplyvanguard

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty2013-01-22, 18:05

We get bored sometimes playing each other. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My shadowdin Deck list.   My shadowdin Deck list. Empty

Back to top Go down

My shadowdin Deck list.
Page 1 of 1